Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Erode and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KumaranYour feedback matters!
Respected sir, I have mouth ulcer from last 3 days. It happens every year in beginning of winter and it spreads in all mouth including tongue and gums also. Please suggest any best medicine for ulcer.
My sis when she sleeps her teeth get vibrate and make noise like that katr katr. Is this a disease. If it is so what medicine should I give her. Please tell me.
Is teeth extraction necessary for front teeth straightening? I have heard a number of Cons of teeth extraction. I am asking this question for a female 26 years age.She has already gone to 2 year brace treatment.Thanks
My tooth is yellow not clean please give me idea how can I clean my tooth. Give me any tooth paste name. Thank you.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
What is the permanent cure for peridontis. I've few loose teeth and the dentist I approached did flap surgery. Situation was fine for two years and after that they started moving again.
Mere beta 5 saal ka hai uski upar wali daad halki si kaali ho gai hai aab hum kya kare? Wo to doctor ko filling bhi nahi karnedega is condition me kya karna chahiye.
Sir mine front teeth do not have good look and i am thinking to have artificial teeth what is your suggestion should i or not..?
Mere muh ka swad bigad gya hai pet me hamesha gas bana rhta hai aur morning me pesab gahra pila hota hai phir din me pani pine ke bad pesab normal rehta hai ye problem 3 months se hai pls help me.
I am 26 male, unusual secretion of saliva in mouth, and I always swallow it at least once in a minute. Feel so disturbing but I cant stop myself.
My mouth opening is very little due to eating tobacco .i have stopped eating but how can I open my mouth again.
Hello. My mother is having burps problem. It comes from mouth and once it gets started then it is difficult to stop without any medicine. What to do?
I have dark and big whole between my teeth it is very panic for me please suggest me doc what I will do this problem?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.