Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Erode and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old female. One and half years back a wisdom tooth appeared in the lower jaw. Now the tooth is almost fully grown bt the inner side of my cheek is injured due to friction with the tooth. My cheek is injured for last 6 months and it is not healing due to constant friction. What should I do?
How to get rid of bad breathe and yellow stains on teeth. I don't drink alcohol and soft drinks too nor consume tobacco. Have the habit of taking tea twice a day. I regularly take orbit spearmint and use Listerine mouth wash once in a day or 2.
Hi doc I am 28 years old ànd need to fix my brokeñ teeth what is the best procedure please let me know thank you!
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
Sir I am suffering from mouth infection - skin infection like white spots and white lines inside both cheeks and lips and tongue since 4 months. I can't eat any spicy food. And I don't have any stomach problem. The spots are increasing regularly in my mouth. Please help me.
There is bleeding problem in my gums when I brush teeth. Even when I wash my face my gums bleed. What should I do?
How painful is wisdom tooth extraction. I have an upper left wisdom tooth extraction. Does it hurt even after anaesthesia. Can you advice anything that can calm me down during and after the process. I have never been to a doctor in my life. Really scared been putting it off since close to 2 years now. It's a hidden under gums condition. Does it hurt after -the gums cutting and any hidden risks. Please help.
When I eat something cool like ice cream in at that my teeth will start to pain and it's happing for sometime for this what am I do?
Hello sir Recently my front teeth are broken what is the medical process for it? Please reply me sir.
I am suffering from submicos fibrosis. Not able to open mouth properly. Is there any medicine for the same? Please advise.
My teeth have suddenly become very sensitive to both hot and cold, but my mouth is otherwise healthy. What could cause this?
A toothache can have at its heart one or more causes, whether its tooth decay, tooth fracture or infected gums. Among the different kinds of remedies that you can employ to relieve yourself of toothache, peppermint leaves is one of the most effective ways in providing temporary respite. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, you can use peppermint leaves in the following ways to cure that painful toothache:
1. Chew some fresh peppermint leaves to experience its cooling sensation and bring down the soreness.
2. You could lessen the swelling by holding dried peppermint leaves against the aching tooth.
3. Even having peppermint tea can provide you with respite from the pain.
For this, take 1 cup of warm water into which you add 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves. Let it steep for about 20 minutes before allowing the tea to cool down. Take a small sip of the tea, and gargle it in your mouth before throwing it out. Repeat as needed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.