Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Keven Liam William
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Mr. Keven Liam WilliamYour feedback matters!
I am 69 years old and have BP since 1988 on tablet REPACE-AF for the last 10 years BP varying from 130-80 to 140-90. Two months back my BP shot up to 150-90-150-100. When consulted my family doctor advised me to take rest as I was on hectic busy professional schedule. Due to sudden increase in BP I had a fear psychosis of heart trouble. But my doctor said that no such situation after a ECG. After rest for one week my BP has become normal now it seems I am OK. I am also diabetic since 1998 and the readings are in normal range PPBS between 140-180 some times it goes up to 200. I walk about an hour daily in the evening. Can I have your valuable opinion/advice for better management of BP and sugar levels.
Diabetes can result in the development of many complications like retinopathy (eye problem), neuropathy (nerve problem), nephropathy (kidney disease), dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), heart disease and stroke (paralysis). Your doctor will advise you on what to do and how frequently to get tests for these complications.
- Blood pressure- Blood pressure should be got checked at every visit to the doctor. Generally, it should be maintained below 140/80. Your doctor may give you some medicine to lower it if it is high.
- Cholesterol- Lipid profile should be tested annually or more frequently if deranged. Your doctor will give you some medicine if you have high cholesterol.
- Eye disease ( Retinopathy)- Dilated eye testing should be done at least once a year by an eye specialist. It should be started at the time of diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and after 3-5 years of diagnosis of type 1 diabetes after puberty. If you already have diabetic eye disease, then your doctor may ask for a more frequent check up.
- Kidney disease (Nephropathy)- Regular blood pressure checking is very important. Urine should be tested every year for proteins and creatinine clearance. Testing should be more frequent if abnormal. Kidney function should also be tested at least once a year.
- Nerve disease (Neuropathy)- You should check your feet daily for any injury, cracks, redness or calluses. Report to your doctor immediately if you have any such problems.
You should get yourself regularly evaluated for these complications.
Maintaining your A1c (blood sugar), blood pressure and cholesterol in the normal range can help in preventing / delaying diabetic complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi 24 years old. Married no child. I am having diabetes. Can I drink red wine or not. Please suggest.
I am suffering from diabetes. I am on medication but still not under control and my weight is also too much. Can you suggest me what can I do.
I am 37 years female. Height 5.3. Weight was touching 59. Now weight is 56. I have been detected with hypothyroid but after medication it has come to normal. And also detected with bad cholesterol. For that I am having one tablespoon of flax seed grinded with hot milk daily. My hair fall has not stopped. Doctor gave herbolax capsules to have for 3 months and continue thynorm tab for 3 months. Thyroid is normal but hair fall is there. I have stopped having herbolax capsules because I noticed more hair fall happening because of that I think. Please advice.
I am 30 years old and suffering from High Uric acid. As long as I use allopathic medicine FEBTAZ 40 mg uric acid levels are in range of 3-4 but without this medicine it raises to 11. Also I have another issue of high acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. Please advice.
If there is a question of growth hormone deficiency in either a child or an adult, consultation with a pediatric or adult endocrinologist, as appropriate, is recommended. The endocrinologist may order an insulin hypoglycemia test wihich is the gold standard for determining HGH deficiency.
insulin (hormone that regulates blood sugar levels) is given through an IV to produce a low plasma glucose (a sugar) level. The peak growth hormone level is measured 20-30 minutes later.
If the peak growth hormone level is less than 10 mcg/mL in children or less than 3 mcg/mL in adults, growth hormone deficiency is diagnosed.
Persons with growth hormone deficiency may have increased total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels.
Other tests that may be performed include a CT scan and/or MRI of the brain and/or bones. Images from these tests may reveal tumors. Reduced bone density can be evaluated by a DEXA or bone density scan.