Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkiteswaranYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9 months old .some times getting sweating back of the head. Is getting any problem and getting any fever. Please suggest.
How to prepare daily food chart to the children's aged 4yrs. To equal proteins. minerals. In the children body.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter in 14 July 2016 and now she ear Piercing (kaan chedana) I just wanna to ask is she need tetanus injection.
My baby is 2 month old. She is suffer from cold and cough. I am giving her maxtra and ascoril tds. She s having bowel movement 4 times a day withvlemon yellow color. Is dere anything to worry.
My 2 Months baby boy taking bottle feeding(Mother Milk not coming).He is taking NanPro1(Suggested by Doctor). Right now we are using only D3 drops. Some times he is feeling uneasy, is there any medicine for digestion. Please suggest me
Hi My child is 9 months old recently he had developed some infection in the front end area of the penis, I am not sure if it is a external injury or internal infection. There is swelling on penis and during urination it's normal he don't cry but while external touch he is crying. Is that something I need to worry about please advise.
My baby is now six month. I dint gave any food to him. Other than milk. What should I give for my baby.
The attack of asthma is severe if
The patient is breathless at rest, is hunched forwards,talks in words rather than in sentences(infants stop feeding),is agitated,drowsy,or confused,has bradycardia or has a respiratory rate of more than 30/mt.
Wheeze is loud or absent.
Pulse is more than 120/mt( greater than 160/mt in infants)
PEF is less than 60% of predicted or personal best,even after initial tratment.
The patient is exhausted.
The response to initial treatment is no prompt and sustained for at least 3 hours.
There is no improment within 2-6 hours after oral glucocorticoid tratment is started.
There is further deterioration.
Mild attacks ,defined by a reduction in peal flow of less than 20%,nocturnal awakning and increased use of B2- agonist, can usually be treated at home if the patient is prepared and has a pesonal asthma management plan.
Moderate attack may require and severe attack usually require care in hospital /nursing home.
My kid do vomiting frequently, I would like to start his homeopathy treatment, what should I give him so that he will recover from frequent vomiting.
Hello doctor, I have baby girl of 3 months. I want weight chart for my baby.. Pls send me chart of weight for indian baby girl.
My 4 years old girl child took my 1 contraceptive pill. Crescent. Please advice will it do any harm 2 her.
Sir I have one doubt for my son. He is 7 years old. His weight is 28 kg before 3 or 4 months ago. Suddenly he lost his more weight. Now he is 24 kg. I checked his weight before 2 months 26 kg. I really scared about his weight loss. So I consulted a doctor and scanned his stomach USC. That is normal. But still he lost his weight. What's the reason. Please suggest me.
Having a child is one of the most physically and emotionally trying situations that a couple will go through? This is especially true for a mother. The mother goes through a roller coaster of emotional and physical changes as well as other changes in her job and relationship. So, if you are going back to work after having a baby, read this article to gain some perspective!
- Deciding When: Timing is the first thing that matters in such cases. Remember to discuss this aspect with your partner and get some much needed advice from someone who will be sharing the child's responsibilities with you. Also, emotionally the mother has to be ready to leave the child for that duration in order to go to work and be productive. Feelings like guilt and helplessness may overwhelm you at first, but you have to have your coping mechanisms in place when it comes down to it.
- Coping Mechanisms: Speaking of coping mechanisms, let us discuss what all you can do to make a smooth transition from new mother to working mother. Finding support is crucial to begin with. The babysitter or family members who will be the caregiver for the child in those hours when you working, should be someone who you can trust implicitly. It may help to interview and spend time with a new nanny or babysitter before the child is born. This will help in setting a pace, understanding expectations and adjusting to each other even as you build trust. Another coping mechanism includes having someone you can talk to a friend, your parents, your spouse or a co worker. It can be anyone who will be willing to listen and offer you advice when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Breastfeeding: If you do plan to continue breastfeeding your child, it would be best to discuss this with your boss or a counsellor at your place of work before you decide to get back to work. Ensure that you are given a separate room that is hygienic and well lit so that you can carry your breast pump and operate it there. Or, you can opt for day care within the office premises so that you can see your child and breastfeed him\her at regular intervals.
The choice of going back to work or staying at home after having a baby may not exactly be an easy one to make, but knowing your options and working your way around them with the right coping mechanisms and support can help you in gaining the right perspective that will help you focus on both areas with vigour and love.
Hi doctor, please suggest the zentel suspension dosage for 18 months baby, 5 yr old and 9 yr old. They don't have any problem as such, just the doctor had asked to deworm atleast once a year and I don't remember the dosage. Also my 5 yr old daughter bites her nails, very thin but a active child, kindly sugggest.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.