Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. TIJI MATHEW THOMASYour feedback matters!
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I'm veer possessive about my gf .I don't like her talking with other boys I don't like her going anywhere without me .I don't like her enjoying or going in any functions without me .I want her to be with me .plz help me she does all the above things I mentioned and I just becomes very tensed, pressurized ,uncomfortable and till she returns back and call me I keep on thinking please help me I want to concentrate on studies.
The human body is so amazing yet sometimes, it is delicate. The condition of cervical spondylitis is one of the examples of this being the case. It is also known as cervical disc disease and is reputed to cause a pretty large amount of pain! That being said, it is not as if this pain cannot be reduced. After all, physiotherapy can make almost any situation better and this is pretty much the case with cervical spondylitis, as well!
Neck traction happens to be one of the popular methods prescribed by physiotherapy to help people who are suffering from cervical spondylitis pain. What is done in this process is that the neck is extended but at a very slow rate. While this may not seem like much itself, why this helps is that it goes a pretty long way in taking a lot of pressure off the discs of the spine. While it is true that neck traction is a thing which can be performed at home, it is very important to check with a professional physiotherapist to make sure that the technique that one is practicing is faultless so as to make sure that any painful accidents are not allowed to take place and make the situation worse than it already is!
Physiotherapy is all about engaging in activities which help make the condition better. So, when a person has cervical spondylitis pain, the therapist will spend some time with him or her so that the neck can be slowly adjusted and this will help the range of motion of the person’s neck improve by quite a large margin.
There are quite a few other ways to go about relieving the pain caused by cervical spondylitis by making use of physiotherapy. For example, deep tissue massage does have a large number of fans who swear by it. This is also the case when it comes to electrical stimulation. As a matter of fact, both of these are quite popular as a means to get the patient in the right condition for healing exercises to have their full effect.
After all the effort which is put in by the person by the way of exercise, it can be said to be important that he or she makes use of a cervical pillow, which is more commonly known as a neck pillow and a cervical collar, which can help the process of realignment. With correct physiotherapy, cervical spondylitis pain will soon be history!
A vein in the ankle of right leg slipped its position in an accident day before yesterday. When I walk or make big movements to leg the vein moves and gives me pain. How can I over come it? Pls help.
How to prevent knee cartilage damage? Some exercises and prevention tips would be helpful. My husband is 32 years and is never into warm-up before doing any outdoor sports activities. Now he keeps complaining of knee pain every few weeks. Please suggest few tips to strengthen muscles.
Left foot heel pain about 5 months Vitamin d 51.5,b12-301.7,calcium 1.17,uric acid 5.18,hba1c 5.6 latest reports Also Slow walking & standing.
Hi, I am 24 years old male. The thumb of my right hand becomes stiff whenever I attempt to write and type on my mobile. It becomes very stiff and I am unable to write and type. Is there any exercise that can help in curing this. Please suggest.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities such as sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine, these damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity.
However, it is often very difficult to pin point the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes for back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the commuter. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smart phones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern, when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands releases stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.