Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. T A AlexanderYour feedback matters!
My name is Anjali saha. Of 72 I am a cardiac patient with HYT, THYROID, DB I have a blockade. Running heart medicine are DEPLLET75, eltroxin50, telmikind AMH40. Present I am suffering with an eye problem that is there is itching, accompanied by flowing with water and redness I have goggles with power from 16years AGE. Still I don't have any difficulties in seeing. APPLYING - OPTIVE FUSION DROPS. Doctor consulted me that THERE IS A new cataract which is just developing. But I don't want an operation now then how can I clear my problems.
Initially my eyes getting red so I have checked with doctor he said you have no number But still my eyes getting red.
What are the normal complications in every lasik surgery done in India. Can a person loose eyesight after complications in this surgery?
I am not getting very good sleep at night. I want u. My eyes ar burning at morning pls help me or I will masburate.
I have cataract in my left eye. The right eye where cataract was there, it was operated in 2015 Feb. At that time I was advised to go for the left eye operation within 6 months. But it is still pending due to various reasons. Will it affect my left very badly.
Dear sir, I'm 36. I'm suffering from vision problem. I've approached 2 doctors, they have tested and found nothing wrong in my vision. My problem is, my vision becomes blur when I look at the mobile for an hour or two. After words when I close my eyes for a second or two the vision becomes Normal. What would be my problem. Please suggest me some tips so that I may get some relief.
I have eye problem my will pain and from it water come and it will become red and water comes from it. I don't understand why it happen.
My eye is being red for four continues days, I used eye drop, but still its red, what medicine should I take or put on my eye, please help, thank you.
I'm 19 year old there is this problem with my eye when I'm riding the bike tears come out often and it become kinda slimmy fluid and vision kinda gets blurry what should I do about it does eye drops helps.
Sir I have a dowt about my eye problem. I got information about laser treatment sir is it's reliable.
I am 22 year male and I undergo head pain thrice a week I have taken a ct scan and checked my eyes bt both the reports were normal what to do?
I have myopia. And the number of my lens is constantly increasing with age. What steps should I take to improve my eyesight?
I am not able to study continuously for an hour because of headache n ma eyes get swollen after continuous concentrating on any thing, doctor advised me to wear spectacles of test -0.75 but I feel that I am not able to see clearly and I feel so irritating to wear ma spectacles. What should I do?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.