Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SHAMEEM MOHAMMEDYour feedback matters!
My father is having teeth pain in mouth. He cant eat any cold items. Can you suggest any good tooth paste?
Dear sir lam undergone the root canal treatment of dental during the treatment side tooth gum was starting swelling which was capped about 10years ago.What is your advice for further course of action . Presently the treatment has stopped.Awaiting ur humble suggestion.
I got cough for last 17 days. Also have a tooth pain from last 2 day. I took home made medical treatment. But dint worked I m worried which medicine shall I take?
After using My upper Denture my upper side of upper lips remain high that's looks not good. Where the problem solved / what can I do?
My sister had a white growth on her tongue which was operated couple of weeks back and biopsy done. Report said No Malignancy. It was diagnosed as Hyperkeratosis. Now, once again the same white growth has come back at the same location. Please suggest treatment. Thanks.
I am 39 years male. I have observed a growth of 1cm under my tongue on saliva-gland. What is this and whom should I consult with?
Hello, l am 21 year old, recently i've treated with rootcanal and crowning (zirconia) for front teeth. And now I am facing cold sensitivity while drinking water. So please suggest me. What should I do?
I am 21 years old male, wearing braces for almost a year to fix reverse overjet of 1mm (i had my lower 2 bicuspids removed for the same). Recently my dentist applied a lower archwire 0.016" x 0.022" stainless steel. Is rectangular archwire better than the round archwire and how much more time can I expect to continue wearing braces?
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
Some times bleeding is observed in my between teeth and teeth gums are reduced month by month in front of teeth?
Dear sir, I have black teeth on my left side I tried brushing for 2 times still it is there please suggest remedy Thanks.
Orthodontics happens to be the first specialty in dentistry. It deals with prevention, interception & correction of malocclusion (improper bite). Common problems like spacing between teeth, crowding of teeth due to lack of space, protrusion of teeth, un-aesthetic smile etc. Can be easily corrected by timely orthodontic intervention.
A malocclusion can result either due to abnormal position of the teeth or lack of harmony between upper & lower jaws. The best person to treat problems of such nature is an orthodontist. An orthodontist undergoes three years of rigorous training during his postgraduate program wherein he treats hundreds of patients having malocclusion of varying severity. After successful completion of the course he is awarded with the degree of mds orthodontics.
However as a consequence of lack of awareness, a lot of patients still do not seek the advice of an orthodontist for their problem. As a result such patient do not get the desired treatment outcome which predisposes their dentition for relapse after treatment. In addition such patients may also experience harmful effects on their occlusion (chewing efficiency) and may develop tmj (temporomandibular joint) related disorders in the long run. It is recommended that an orthodontic specialist be consulted before undergoing treatment of such nature.