Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rinu AntonyYour feedback matters!
I had a accident some year ago and I lost my proper working of right leg (Nerve block). Give. Some ways.
Hello, I wanted to know whether you have treatment for advanced stage of dementia? It should result in stopping the degeneration & restoring lost functions.
Iam 30 year old female and I have been suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome since 5 months. Iam using medicine which is suggested by neurologist but still iam having pain in my wrist and in three fingers. Is this paralysis simtom r what. please reply me with a good suggestion. Thanking you sir.
Doctor please advise my wife Age 28 is suffering from migraine headache with photophobia n phonophobia past many years does it lead to depression n suicidal intention ? I'm concerned .
I am a 21 years old female and my hands pain a lot & it get tight & feel numb, it happen frequently what should I do?
Sir. I have a problem of migraine and its paining a lot during afternoon mainly between 12 pm to 2 pm. What can I do?
Hi, I am 25 year male. I am facing the problem of migraine from one year or more. Please suggest what should I do?
Hi Doctors, I have L5-S1 pinched nerve in spine since 6 month's. I understand pinched nerve is causing back ache, sometimes leg pain, numbness and all. But since 6 months my testicles are also paining, to examine I gone under abdominal and scrotum (testis) scanning, report showed neither kidney stones nor hydrocele. Could you please suggest me what causes my testicles pain. Its severe most of the times, I can't sit on the floor for long time. Age: 28 Weight: 72 Height: 5" 8 Your reply can help me so much. Thank you in advance.
I'm a teenage girl. After masturbating, I start getting slight headaches, dizzy and the areas around my ears are somewhat numb and hot like I'm having a fever. What should I do.
I am 18 year old and I am experiencing vibration of veins in my right hand since last three days. So what should I do?
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.