Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Medical measures: if you have frequent episodes, you will need 2 types of medicines- one to be taken daily for a period of at least 6 months as prophylaxis and 2nd to be taken during attacks of headache for quick relief of pain. These medication should be started only after consultation with a neurologist and ruling out other rare but serious causes of headache.
Lifestyle measures play an equal, if not greater role in management of migraine. They include:
1) regular intake of meals. Avoid fasting, eat breakfast, lumnch and dinner at fixed timings.
2) good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily
3) avoiding foods that precipitate migraine like cheese, chocolate, excess coffee/tea and sour foods
In addition, you may have to temporarily avoid excessive travel and exposure to sunlight which can precipitate headache. Yoga/ meditation and relaxation techniques will help immensely.
Before last night I was drunk I fall down from the stairs. Then onwards my hands went partially numb. I am confused about the same. Please help me.
I gave up alcohol 9 years back and after that I suffered from insomnia. My visit to an ayurvedic physician did not help and so I consulted a psychiatrist. He put me on 0.5 mg alprazolam b.i.d which helped but I used to get up in the morning with a jittery feeling and a month later I developed depression. When I went back to him he prescribes clonazepam 0.5 mg. To be taken along with alprazolam. I was fine after this but now after 9 years I have started with depression and restless sleep. My present psychiatrist suggests alternate medicine but is not sure. Can a psychiatrist help me with a solution.
Hello Madam, 10 days complete but no relief in left hand numbness can I still continue? Hypericum 1x, 2 tabs twice daily with warm water. Gelsemium 30 Ch, 3 drops twice daily.
I am 26 years old man I want to confirm that my hands are always shacking both so I am so worried that why this is happening. Please suggest me what shall I do? And reason of this and how to cure?
I am 57 years old, male and Asthmatic since birth. I was using Asthalin before for a long time, but stopped because I started getting tremors. Now I am on Doxophylline 400 mg 1-0-1, and also using Asthalin and Budecort inhalers. During my previous questions and answers I got I gathered that a long acting beta 2-agonist inhaler is useful and better than Asthalin inhaler. I am not getting relief from tablets. But there was a time when my physician suggested a beta 2-agonist tablet viz Bambuterol 10 mg (Betaday), but it is not available now. Can I switch over to Theo-asthalin 1-0-1 or Deriphyllin Retard 300 mg 1-0-1 on a regular basis or stay put with Doxophylline 400 mg 1-0-1? If this decision is not feasible, suggest a long acting beta 2-agonist tablet. Please advice.
Are you suffering from autism and looking for an effective treatment for the condition? Autism is a complex neurological disorder, which is commonly diagnosed in children within three years of age. It is a result of impaired brain functioning and it expresses itself in the form of disrupted social and communication skills in the patient. This condition affects the development of a child by a great extent.
Autism happens due to several structural and functional changes in the brain. The exact cause of the condition is yet to be determined. Genetic predisposition, metabolic imbalance, intake of certain drugs and the exposure to harmful environmental toxins may lead to autism in children.
Several protocols of homeopathic treatment are undertaken for treating autistic patients. The method to be used depends on the circumstances of the condition. A variety of homeopathic techniques are required for curing a person with autism. They include the following:
- Isopathy is a treatment in which a substance is given to the patient, which cause the illness during homeopathic potency
- Classical homeopathic medicines
- CEASE Protocol
- Homeopathic bowel nasodes, which are considered to be an important part of the recovery process from autism. They help in healing damaged bowels and the symptoms of anxiety and rage.
- Biochemical tissue salts are used in autistic patients who face problems in the assimilation of nutrients because of a compromised gastrointestinal tract.
The methods work effectively, along with conventional medicines and other treatment measures like GAPS diet, osteopathy, biomedical intervention, cranial sacral therapy, chelation, and traditional Chinese medicine.
Homeopathic approach towards the treatment of autism
The homeopathic approach in the treatment of autism is holistic in nature, which aims at treating the genetic tendencies along with strategic management. Firstly, a homeopathic evaluation is undertaken for a child with autism, where all details regarding his family medical history, which may be associated with autism, are assessed. The analysis also considers the impaired functions of a child such as his behavior, communication, speech, tantrums and social skills.
There are around 20 different types of common homeopathic medicines, which are prescribed for the treatment of autism. The exact medicine, its combination, dosage and other support medicines depend on the child’s case history.
The homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of autism are completely natural and safe, devoid of any form of harmful toxin. Hence, no side effect is caused on the body while undertaking homeopathic treatment. Using homeopathic measures for about six months will lead to improvements in a child’s autism symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
I hv migraine head achr. How to stop dis. Suffering heavily. I can not see movies, reading books, papers etc etc. please help me anyone.
I had a 3 seizure attack one 2 year earlier and other 2, one day before. I was not aware of that disease but it's been diagnosed by a doctor, we are in general hospital, What we should do?
I have swelling on my right hand from last two days. I took medicines but it didn't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.
I am having sleep paralysis I see things when I am awake it's real or a myth if it is really happening how to cure it is there any medicine fr it.
My wife suffering from migraine propanol is not working and grenil also not working. No pain killer is working. Neurologist prescribed anti seizure drug Topremide .should we take it in migraine.
Hi I fell and my head was hurt on the top backside of the head. I had got a bump for a few days. I do not experience any pain now. I'm fine. I hope there is no problem in the future. Am I right?
Sleep problems, which can be defined as a sleeping pattern where the parents are unsatisfied, are one of the leading concerns of parents. Children should get a minimum nine hours of sleep so that their health and brain development can occur. Sleep problems can affect not only their health, but also their social and school life. Any interruption or abnormality in a child's sleeping patterns should be examined by a doctor and parents should make necessary efforts for knowing the actual causes of sleep interruption of their kids.
What are the causes of sleep disorders in children?
- Injuries and accidents
- Behavioural troubles
- Slow-reaction times
- Performance problems
- Mood problems
- Learning, concentration and memory troubles
Common signs of sleep troubles in kids:
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Occurrence of unusual events at the time of sleeping like nightmares or sleep-walking
- Snoring and breathing pauses
- Difficulty in staying awake in daylight
- Daytime performances can be adversely affected
Best methods for dealing with sleep disorders in children:
- Regular bed-timing should be sincerely maintained at night.
- Relaxing routine for bedtime needs to be followed,including story-book reading, getting warm bath and others.
- Noise in the house, especially at night, should be minimized so that unwanted disturbances can be eliminated.
- If the room temperature is pretty comfortable, then your kids can sleep peacefully.
- Giving caffeine in excess quantity, especially before sleeping, should be reduced otherwise the kids will not sleep well.
- Meals should not be provided just before bedtime; rather they should be taken a few hours before sleeping.
- If your kids are so very addicted to different electronic gadgets or devices like telephones, televisions, computers and others, then they might face sleeping troubles. Thus, it is your duty to keep your kids away from this kind of addiction.
- If your kids are too very tired, then do not keep them awake forcibly; rather you should make them sleep immediately so that they can get a relaxed sleep at night.
If you think that sleep disorder has become a serious issue with your kids as well, then nothing can be a better option than consulting any health physician. They can best analyse the underlying cause of this issue with your kids.