Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Angamaly and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
How to deal with eye squint in adults? Are there any eye exercises or squint surgery is the only option?
Hello I am 22 years old male. I experience blur in vision and sometimes water from my eyes. Doctors in my area not able to solve my problem they always give me eye drops. Please help me.
I have eye numbers -4.5 and -4.0 and I am wearing specks past 10 years and my eye numbers increased till my age at 18 now I am 21 but from the age of 18 till now my numbers haven't increases. Now I am fed up of wearing this specks so I am planning to do the laser operation but I have no idea about it and what are the side-effects and many other questions. I need suggestion that should I do the laser operation or not?
Hi sir I have an problem with eye always pain and headache sometimes and when I study that time most come critical problem.
Since the past few months, my eyes have been watering, irrespective of the season. Please suggest a remedy.
Hello sir I am 18 years old my eye lens no are increasing every 6 months from 3 years from 1.25 to 3.25 in one eye and 3.0 in the other one and I am using drops such as lubi plus and stone as prescribed by the doctor this regular increase in my no makes me feel very upset so now what should I do so that this no remains steady and is this a problem? kindly guide me.
I have a 2.5 eye site problem. I will want to reduce that by a laser treatment. Is it write way or not?
My eyes becoming red day to day. And small yellowish liquid from my eyes is falling and my eyes is paining a lot. Please help with you help.
I feeling always sleepy due yo paining of eyes and I feel thats why so much lazy so what's the problem behind that I want solution.
My eyes are become red when I just wake up what should I do to prevent the reddening of my eyes? Plzzzzz reply me hurry.
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.