Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Paul MathewYour feedback matters!
Is there eye floaters treatment possible? Because all best ophthalmologist In my city told that this problem has not any treatment and this eye floaters are your lifetime companion, I had done all eye checkup and required tests also, so eye pressure is high in range and remains all was good and normal. M suffering this critical problem from last 2 years. Floaters problems still same. Pls mam /sir guide me and help me, if you people can any prescription for my eye disorder, many - many thanks for your kind work.
How to get rid of under eye bags, I have them since two months and it's not going away I don't drink and I don't smoke I sleep 8 hours and even in daytime But the problem is still have I need help from your best doctor's So give the best advice as you can.
My 7 year old son started blinking eye frequently and getting hie eye wet while watching TV and reading.What to do?
Hi, I am 23 years old and I have serious dark circle problem and earlier I had an injury near one eye , now injury is gone but it left a scar what should I do to take care of both i.e. Dark circles and scar that left?
I am 14 years old last 15 days suddenly vision gets blur while reading, watching Tv and seeing computer monitors after some times it becomes normal, I have contacted the eye doctor, they checked and informed me that I don't have to wear glasses due to very less power and recommended eye drops I e refresh tears, even after using this it is the same problem please suggest what to do.
I have headache form early childhood days now also there sometime. When not drinking tea morning headache definitely heavily one side pain come full day from 12pm to next morning. Sir, what will I do? If any possibility is there using eye glass (specs) will down headache. But I checked my eye power no would find any low vision, but need 0.5 power for clear vision. Please suggest sir what to do?
My eyes are looking yellow, but my urine is white, appetite is normal, no tiredness. So why my eyes looking yellow.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?
I have red eyes for many days and its redness is increasing due to sun light.. So what can I do for this problem?
Is it possible to regain our normal eyesight because in 6months years ago I have normal eyes and a good vision but after some time I have a problem to see far things then I have checked and gets a no. Of 0.75 or 1.0 for left eye! Sir is it possible to regain my normal vision because I want to join indian army today iam 16 years old boy.
My mother has the beginning of eye disease cataract. What we want to do. Please give me a perfect answer.
A local podiatrist has preferred Isomil (Soy based) over Nan Pro for my baby. Is it advisable to go for Isomil since I see mixed reviews about Soy based formula. However she is being breast fed too with what little milk is being produced. Please advise. We are confused and concerned.
I have dark circles around eyes, tell me some home remedies. I have some hair fall to, tell me how to get longer hair.
Eyes are beautiful gift to enjoy God's creation .It works like a camera capturing images through transparent part of eye cornea; lens and focusing it on retina. Various eye surface and lid structures help to maintain the corneal transparency because oce it is lost either due to trauma; infection; oedema;dryness; etc leads to blockage or distortion in image formation hence reduced vision. So it very important to be safe then sorry protecting the eyes by protective glasses while driving or in outdoors ad also while working for loner hours in computers. Any redness of eye should be taken seriously and examined by Ophthalmologists to prevent corneal complications.
Whitish appearance of eye is also of concern as it can be commonly due to corneal [ulcer] or lenticular [cataract] retinal problem etc and needs proper examination.
Please take care of God gifted camera and enjoy world by doing regular check ups.