Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ernakulam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Chungath
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj ChungathYour feedback matters!
My baby is 4 month old. He is passing greenish yellow stools with mucus from a week. Earlier test shows 0-3 pus cells and 0-3 rbcs. Recent test shows no rbcs but pus cells were 7-10. What to do? He is active, no fever or vomiting. Passing 3-4 stools a day. He is exclusively on breastfeed.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.
Hello. My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. Her weight is 13 kg. She usually has hard stools during hot whether. I give her rava porridge or upma in break fast, vegetable dal khichdi in lunch and dinner. She has variety of snacks in the evening like ragi porridge, noodles, upma, bread slices, many more. She drinks 1.5 litres of water. She takes milk sometimes but not regularly. Whenever she eats but if carrot hard stools is a sure shot thing to happen. In cold whether she passes stools regularly.
My daughter is 2 years old and is suffering from runny nose and congestion in chest due to congestion of mucus she gets fever. And doctor has prescribed histafree suspension and calpol will it help.
Hi, I feel guilty of stopping my 15 years old sister from sending school as she has affair with a boy. Many times we warned her, bet her to be good but she is not obeying. Yesterday I found her testing him at midnight. So I told my mom not to let her to step out of home owing to our family respect. But this is her 10th std public exam. If she miss this she can't study further in her life. I don't know whether I did wrong or right. Kindly suggest me how to treat her. I couldn't share this to anyone as my family's dignity is important.
My 3 years old son is suffering from cold and cough. I am giving. Protussa.3 ml. 8 hourly. He gets relief. But not perfectly alright. Please suggest me. Can honitus be given. Or any other syrup. Tell for cold also and dose according to my son. His weight is. 13.13. 5 kg.
Many babies especially between 1.5 to 5 month of age have the tendency to cry excessively and recurrently especially during morning hours or evening hours without and obvious cause . This is called as infantile colic. A lot of time this may be due to the common causes which are disturbing the baby like hunger, overclothing , keep the baby in a very warm temperature which makes the baby fretful and cry a lot. If it is associated with fever of more than 100 o F or is associated with distended abdomen or extreme lethargy then this needs urgent medical attention and should be shown to a pediatrician.
To avoid this the mother should take care of early clues to hunger or irritability and should tackle them early. Most of the time simple measures like rocking the baby gently or using gentle massage or tickling and interacting with the baby may help in subsiding the episode. Certain ingredients in mother's diet who are breastfeeding may also aggravate this like caffeine, alcohol, vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, etc and red chilli peppers. They should be avoided. Keeping the baby in tummy down and gently back rubbing may help. Gripe water and giving herbal medicine may be harmful and may not help but gentle application of hing around umbilicus may help in reducing the symptoms and severity of colic. It is also important to remain patient during these episodes and do not violently shake the baby or loose your temper. This may lead to severe damages to the infant's body organs.