Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.I .Junaid Rahaman
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M.I .Junaid RahamanYour feedback matters!
My 1 year old baby is suffering from cold from last 2 days I have give her wikoryl syrup4 ml. Is this medicine and dosage is right?
My baby boy is 15 months old. He is lean n thin and often suffering from cold (jukam). His weight is 8kg. Please sr advise me to improve his weight.
My 2.5 year playful son complained me for pain in stomach at around 8: 00 pm. However the pain was not continuous. Due to pain he took light dinner and refused to take remaining food. At 9: 30 pm he again started crying due to pain then he had loose motion (but not very loose). Then he vomited after taking ORS. After that he vomited 3 times within an hour. I have given him Domped (4.5 ml) and then he slept as he has no energy in his body, but after half an hour he again vomited. Please provide your suggestions.
I have 1 years 9 days baby boy (10 kg) whose growth is delaying still he is unable to sit himself but with our support he can sit. Actually he is a 32 weeks premature baby born with 2.2 kg and was admitted in NICU for 24 days as he was suffering from anemia. For his delaying growth doctor suggested calcimax+ and Rapgrow drop for 2 months .should I use for my baby? Or any side effect.
What is Hearing loss?
Hearing loss is a decreased ability to hear. There are two main categories of hearing loss: Conductive hearing and sensorineural hearing.
Symptoms of Hearing loss-
- Unable to hear high or low level sounds
- A little Hearing but not understanding
- Unable to hear when there is background noise
- Humming sounds in the ears
- Social withdrawal
- Fatigue and stress
- Speak loudly
Causes of Hearing loss-
- Fluid in the middle ear
- Ear infections
- Ear injury or fractured bones in the middle ear
- Damage of ear drum
- Rigid bones in the middle ear
- Ear surgery damage to the inner ear
Risk factors of Hearing loss-
- Not receiving all recommended immunizations
- Ear infections
- Exposure to earsplitting music or noise
- Use of certain medicines
- Meniere’s disease
- Collagen vascular diseases
Complications of Hearing loss-
Diagnosis of hearing loss:-
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- Tests may include: Weber test, Rinne test, Audiometric tests, Tympanometry, Electrocochleography and Brain stem auditory evoked responses test.
Precautions & Prevention of Hearing loss
- Quit smoking
- Always wear ear protection
- Get all appropriate immunizations.
- Treat all medical conditions.
- Avoid noisy environment
- Use sufficient ear protection when using noisy equipment.
- Sufficient treatment of ear problem
Treatment of Hearing loss
- Homeopathic Treatment of Hearing loss
- Acupuncture Treatment of Hearing loss
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hearing loss
- Surgical Treatment of Hearing loss
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hearing loss
- Other Treatment of Hearing loss
Treatment of Hearing loss
Homeopathic Treatment of Hearing loss-
Homeopathic remedies depend upon patient condition or level of hearing problem. Homeopathic treatment reduces the symptoms of hearing loss. It helps both conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Following homeopathic remedies are very beneficial for hearing loss symptoms:
- Calcarea carbonica
- Carbo vegetabilis
- Kali carbonicum
- Coffea crud
- Natrum salicylicum
- Salicylicum acidum
Acupuncture and Acupressure Treatment of Hearing loss-
In Acupuncture treatment, the ringing in ears disappeared and the volume and pitch in ear were appreciably muted. Acupuncture treatment has been shown tremendous improvement in hearing loss.
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in stress relief. They can help in better coping and early relief.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hearing loss-
Allopathic treatment of hearing loss includes some antibiotics, analgesics, immunosuppressant, oral contraceptives, and mood-altering drugs.
Surgical Treatment of Hearing loss-
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hearing loss-
- Limit Caffeine, chocolate, and sodium
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol
- Eat fresh pineapple
- Plenty of garlic, kelp, and sea vegetables in diet
Other Treatment of Hearing loss
- Removal of Earwax
- Use Hearing Aids
- Sign language and lip reading (if severe hearing loss)
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.