Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothis VazhappallyYour feedback matters!
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.