Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Elizabath MathewYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so thankful that Dr Elizabath Mathew has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely. I was admitted to the Chaitanya Ayurveda in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. The Chaitanya Ayurveda was equipped with various facilities. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. All of sudden I developed this erection problems and didn't know what to do. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself.
My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Someone from the office, referred us Dr Elizabath Mathew. The Chaitanya Ayurveda is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. By chance, I approached Elizabath Mathew for second opinion on my pimples treatment and she treated me so nicely.
Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Mathew mam guided me to change my attitude. Many people gave very positive feedback for her. I am so much benefitted with her weight management, that i am perfectly fine now. The overall atmosphere in the Chaitanya Ayurveda is very soothing. she helped me in my weight managment.
Never thought I will need pimples treatment like this. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I am so much benefitted with her pimples treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I read about Dr Elizabath Mathew on one of the social media platform. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help.
I was having very bad thoughts so I went to her for my weight management counseling. The nurses at the Chaitanya Ayurveda were really helpful. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Elizabath Mathew and the weight management counseling I didn't lose hope.
I believe in ayurvedic treatments instead of western medicine. I visited dr Elizabath Mathew for my acne and pimple problem at Chaitanya Ayurveda in Ernakulam where good ayurveda doctors are very rare. She is an amazing doctor and finishes the problem from the roots.
Professional and help full
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife MC date Nov 06,07,08 and 30 days regular period in 6 month. Ovulation around day 15. How many days after ovulation unprotected sex are safe for avoid pregnancy. Can sex on Nov 26 are safe or not. Please help.
There are some foods which should definitely be a part of your regular diet, the health benefits they offer are amazing, and they are also easily available. One such superfood are chickpeas, or channa as they are popularly called. Another major advantage is that they can be cooked in various forms, and can also be eaten after simply boiling them.
Read on to know their amazing benefits on skin, hair, and overall health.
- Weight loss: With no extra fat and no extra calories, channa is one of the best ways to lose weight. Eat them on a daily basis, preferably without any oil. You could add it to khichdi, curries, or even eat the boiled peas. Rich in fiber and protein, it makes one feel full and reduces hunger pangs. This stops snacking urges in between meals, which is the major cause of weight gain. They can also be added to other foods like vegetables and fruits, which aid weight loss.
- Improved digestion: They help in cleaning the digestive system and kill bad bacteria in the stomach and keeps the stomach clean. It also improves the digestive process as there is high fiber content. Channa helps avoid constipation and allows for quick movement of food through the digestive tract.
- Boosts immunity: They are rich in antioxidants and various minerals and vitamins. The end result is better immunity, specifically due to folate, zinc, iron, and balanced pH in the body. This also helps the body fight infections.
- Controls diabetes: While some foods like chocolates are known for spiking up the sugar levels, foods like channa cause release of sugar at a slow, steady pace. This drawn-out process helps in preventing diabetes, which is basically caused by foods which spike up sugar levels sharply.
- Protection against heart disease: Chickpeas help control cholesterol levels, which are the main culprit for causing heart disease. Also, due to the high fiber content present in chickpeas, it does not allow for weight accumulation. The process of plaque buildup in the arteries is slowed. Blood pressure levels are also reduced, which is due to the high fiber content. Reduced plaque buildup also reduces the incidence of strokes and heart attacks.
- Skin: The manganese and molybdenum in the chickpeas help control wrinkles and purify the skin. Chickpeas paste can be applied on the skin as a face pack too. Ageing can be delayed by regular use of chickpeas in the diet.
- Hair: It reduces hair fall, controls dandruff, improve hair volume, and so is very good for hair health.
- Wound healing: Given that chana is high in proteins and essential vitamins and minerals, it helps in wound healing too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Recently I had unprotected sex with my fiancé and after that I gave her ipill. I had not ejaculated my sperms inside her. Are there any chances of she’s getting pregnant?
Hi I am 27 years female .I got married by 2012. Love marriage. I have a 4 years girl baby. My husband is doing night shift job. V rarely SLP together in a weak. I feel totally jealous when my husband speaks WD a girl. I can't accept him being friend WD a girl. V have lots of fight. he doesn't SPK also the girl always chat. My husband is short temper .he doesn't like any one to control him. So if I say him not to SPK. He gets tensed. He always get tension. He is a perfect gem. He cares me BT v don't have time. V were in a joint family before only 3 months back v came alone. Now more fights and more arguments. I am feeling much disturbed. I can't take care of my child. I feel like hurting myself. Pls help.
I have every time cold problem. It is allergy problem for cold. U have to take daily cetregin for it to relief. What I have to do.
To check testis problem to which doctor we should go actually my left testis hang lower than right by I do not feel any pain I want to know what is the reason exactly.
A surprising large number of people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition characterized by a combination of stomach pain, abdominal discomfort and abnormal bowel movement such as diarrhea or constipation. This condition is not life threatening, but can make you very uncomfortable and increase your risk of suffering from other colon problems. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating irritable bowel syndrome. Here are a few tips.
A healthy diet
Diet is one of the most important facets of Ayurveda. To prevent bowel difficulties eat plenty of fiber and easy to digest foods. Cumin seeds, pomegranate and buttermilk can also aid digestion and prevent this condition. Drinking warm water can also aid digestion. On the other hand, curd, junk food, acidic beverages and food that causes bloating and excessive gas production such as potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower should be reduced or removed from your daily diet.
Yoga works on the physical and psychological levels of a person. It also massages and strengthens a number of different organs. Stress is one of the biggest causes of irritable bowel syndrome. Yoga can help combat stress and alleviates anxiety and aids relaxation. A few basic yoga asanas that can help ease pain and treat this condition are:
- Downward facing dog
This is an Ayurvedic cleansing process that enhances the metabolic process and eliminates toxins from the body. Panchakarma literally means 5 techniques or forms of treatment. This includes vamana, virechana, basti, nasya and raktamokshana. These processes make the mind and body more receptive to food and medicines that treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Probiotics: Probiotics supplement your natural gut bacteria and help break down complex foods. It can also help alleviate bloating, abdominal pain and regularize bowel movements. Probiotics can be found in oatmeal, whole grains and a number of fruits and vegetables like asparagus, onions and bananas.
- Herbs: Ayurveda also utilizes the properties of herbs to treat health conditions. Half a spoon of turmeric taken twice a day can help reduce intestinal inflammation and reduce bloating and abdominal pain. Drinking a concoction made by steeping spoonful of dried mint leaves or coriander seeds in hot water for ten minutes can also help deal with this condition. Equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, pepper and pippali can help regulate digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Whooping cough lasts up to 10 weeks, makes you vomit, and can even be fatal. True or False? Take this quiz to find out.
1. Whooping cough or pertussis could become serious and can even be fatal.
Answer - A: True
While whooping cough may be painful and last for a long time in adults, it rarely becomes fatal. However, in infants and children less than a year old, it can be fatal. If you think your child is suffering from whooping cough, you will need to take action to reduce its effects. Aloe Vera is one of the most effective ayurvedic remedies in this case. Mix equal parts of Aloe Vera juice and honey to make a mixture. Take a teaspoonful of this mixture and have it twice daily to reduce the symptoms and also fight the infection.
2. Which amongst the following oils is a great remedy for whooping cough in Ayurveda?
Answer – D: Almond oil
Almonds, apart from being a great source of varied nutrition, are also a potent weapon in fighting cholesterol. Almonds also have many other properties that can help with fighting infections. These can be useful in treating the symptoms of whooping cough. Mix 10 drops of onion juice and 10 drops of garlic juice with 5 drops of almond oil. Take this mixture three times daily for a few days and you should see results quickly.
3. Whooping cough is a viral infection.
Answer - B: False
Whooping cough is actually a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis. It usually spreads through droplets in the air from an infected person to an uninfected person. It can also spread by touching surfaces where the infected droplets fall. Cough can be quite extreme and painful not only in children but among adults as well. Drink honey mixed with boiling water as a beverage akin to tea. This is a great ayurvedic remedy to soothe the symptoms, especially if you have a very sore throat. It also helps to cure whooping cough quicker.
4. One of the common symptoms of whooping cough among the following is:
A & B
None of the above
Answer – C: A & B
Whooping cough is especially dangerous because when you start coughing, it puts so much stress on your body that you may end up vomiting or even fainting. Garlic is a great ayurvedic remedy that can help reduce the symptoms of whooping cough. It contains ‘allicin’ which has superb antibacterial properties. Make a paste by crushing a few cloves of garlic. Filter this through a sieve and get the juice extracted. Drink a teaspoonful of this juice thrice every day and you should see remarkable results quickly.
5. If no action is taken, whooping cough may last up to 10 weeks.
Answer - A: True
Whooping cough is also sometimes referred to as the 100-day cough as it can last for up to 10 weeks. This can be a really painful time for the patient. Known as ‘Dushta Kasa’ in Ayurveda, there are many effective remedies that can counter it and cure it much quicker. Remedies include castor oil mixed with milk, ginger and honey mixes among others. The best thing is to consult an Ayurveda Practitioner for proper and exact remedies tailor made for your condition.