Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Chaitanya AyurvedaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Professional and help full
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh.
I got my last period on 10 th feb n later on 17th I did it unprotected n ate unwanted 72 immediately. Later on I experienced withdrawal bleeding fr 3-4 days. But I hvnt got my periods yet. What may be the reason? I am afraid. please tell me.
Hello I am 24 year old woman I am pregnant for 1 months yesterday I had little bleeding through my vagina what does it mean I am not having any pain please suggest.
Clear, blemish free skin is something every man and woman strives for, but only few people are blessed with it. Hyperpigmentation is one of those skin conditions that can distract attention from your natural beauty. Hyperpigmentation is a condition characterized by the excessive production of melanin resulting in dark patches on the skin. This condition can be a result of acne, other skin infections or as a side effect of medication.
Here are a few Ayurvedic remedies that can help treat this condition.
- Potatoes: Potato juice can be very helpful in treating dark spots caused by excessive melanin. Slice a potato and put a few drops of water on the potato to stimulate the potato juices. Alternatively grate the potato and squeeze the juice out. Rub the slice of potato on the affected area or apply the juice on your skin and leave for half an hour. Doing this regularly for a month and it should show you significant results.
- Cucumber and lemon: Lemon juice is well known for its bleaching properties. When combined with the cooling properties of cucumber, it is a great cure for hyperpigmentation. To use it, grate some cucumber and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this on your skin twice a day and wash it off after 20 minutes. You could also use both these ingredients individually.
- Papaya: Papaya is rich in an enzyme called papain. This enzyme helps in exfoliating the skin and remove dead cells. Once the cells in the epidermis layer have been removed, new skin cells will be regenerated. This is a slow process, but with time, you will notice fewer dark patches on your skin. For best result, grate a piece of papaya and apply on the affected area.
- Almonds: Dryness is a major cause of excessive melanin, you can combat with natural fatty acid present in almonds. Soak a few almonds in a cup of milk and leave overnight. The next morning, skin the almonds and grind to make a paste with the milk. Apply the paste on your skin and leave until dry.
- Water: Lastly, drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Water also helps flush toxins that cause hyperpigmentation in your body. Usnodaka is an Ayurvedic process of drinking boiled water. Boiling water for a minimum of 5 minutes, helps stimulate the digestive system to expel harmful toxins. You should ideally drink 6 to 8 liters of water a day for healthy skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
My age is 25 now. And I don't have previous knee injuries. And in Jan 2016 my weight is 49 and now it is 56. I have left knee pain since 2 weeks. Kindly tel me what is the cause for my knee pain n suggest the medication. Do vajrasana helps relieving knee pain.
I'm trying to conceive for five months. From the day of my age attended (first period) I have stomach pain on my first day of my periods. Is there any issue? What are the symptoms of thyroid problem?
I was driving bike some insect got in to my shirt, that insect had bitten on my shoulder, the spots which it had bitten is getting some bubble like formation and I getting full hitching. So please suggest me to take some first aid procedures to lower the hitching.
I'm 26 years old, before 15 days I have went through a surgery called right temporal EDH. Got operated to remove blood clot coz of accident. I had pain in d surgical area, was taking tablets which doctors had given me in the prescription. After surgery this is the second time my nose is bleeding. Is dat coz of medicine or anything serious about the injury. Need your help so that I can go to hospital soon.
Hi am a female of 22 after having sex with my partner it pains me a lot in my stomach as well as near my Vagina. So can you please suggest what precautions I have to take.
I am 19 years old. I have safe intercourse with my hubby at 20 September .my periods date is 25. But still my MC is not coming. Is this normal? Or I face with pregnancy.
Hi, I unfortunately took 2 ipill in the month so of July. The bleeding started in August and stopped for a while like 3 to 4 Days and again started bleeding. Now in between when I have sex the bleeding goes high and now it September and still have bleeding. Pls help.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.