Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Dhubri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Saan Ahmed
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Mr. Saan AhmedYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am suffering with maladaptive perfectionism, maladaptive day dreaming, procrastination & analysis paralysis, What can I do in order to overcome / manage the present scenario ?Please provide suggestions.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health. Both influence each other. Insomnia, a common sleeping disorder, is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression, and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Sometimes, my left and right thumb twitches. Its an involuntary action and couldnt be controlled. It happens for not more than 20seconds. My hands doesnt shake but my thumbs do. The other day, I wrote my notes for my class for more than 2-3 hrs. The next day morning, I couldnt write in middle of the class. I couldnt hold my pen with strength. I felt weak in my fingers. I couldnt make a proper fist. What does this mean? Should I consult a doctor?
I had an accident in which there was a minor head injury. Hairs at the injured lost have permanently lost. How can I grow them again.
Do you have any cure for diabetic neuropathy spread into back bone to right foot? giving tingling pain and heaviness in foot -walking is painful right foot.
I have acute migraine pains and vomiting regularly. I am a 24 year old male and the pain is really handicapping sometimes. Provide solution.
I'm suffering insomnia from 3 years. I'm totally lost. I'm suffering lot. I couldn't sleep properly pls help me out.
Are you suffering from autism and looking for an effective treatment for the condition? Autism is a complex neurological disorder, which is commonly diagnosed in children within three years of age. It is a result of impaired brain functioning and it expresses itself in the form of disrupted social and communication skills in the patient. This condition affects the development of a child by a great extent.
Autism happens due to several structural and functional changes in the brain. The exact cause of the condition is yet to be determined. Genetic predisposition, metabolic imbalance, intake of certain drugs and the exposure to harmful environmental toxins may lead to autism in children.
Several protocols of homeopathic treatment are undertaken for treating autistic patients. The method to be used depends on the circumstances of the condition. A variety of homeopathic techniques are required for curing a person with autism. They include the following:
- Isopathy is a treatment in which a substance is given to the patient, which cause the illness during homeopathic potency
- Classical homeopathic medicines
- CEASE Protocol
- Homeopathic bowel nasodes, which are considered to be an important part of the recovery process from autism. They help in healing damaged bowels and the symptoms of anxiety and rage.
- Biochemical tissue salts are used in autistic patients who face problems in the assimilation of nutrients because of a compromised gastrointestinal tract.
The methods work effectively, along with conventional medicines and other treatment measures like GAPS diet, osteopathy, biomedical intervention, cranial sacral therapy, chelation, and traditional Chinese medicine.
Homeopathic approach towards the treatment of autism
The homeopathic approach in the treatment of autism is holistic in nature, which aims at treating the genetic tendencies along with strategic management. Firstly, a homeopathic evaluation is undertaken for a child with autism, where all details regarding his family medical history, which may be associated with autism, are assessed. The analysis also considers the impaired functions of a child such as his behavior, communication, speech, tantrums and social skills.
There are around 20 different types of common homeopathic medicines, which are prescribed for the treatment of autism. The exact medicine, its combination, dosage and other support medicines depend on the child’s case history.
The homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of autism are completely natural and safe, devoid of any form of harmful toxin. Hence, no side effect is caused on the body while undertaking homeopathic treatment. Using homeopathic measures for about six months will lead to improvements in a child’s autism symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.