Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Dhubri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Mr. Saan AhmedYour feedback matters!
I have high migraine problems. Tried consulting many doctors but of no use. I cant avoid tension due to which it increases. Please provide me with good suggestions fir the same. Thank you.
We have a baby by seizure. After seizure my wife is feeling pain in waist. She has the problem if anemia also. What have to done?
I am suffering from headache from last 15 days. And I have been advised for ct scan. What to do . What are the symptoms of brain tumour.
My mother age 43 years old have" meningioma in right cerebellopontine angle cistern causing mild proximal obstructive hydrocephalus" is there any treatment except surgery.
Hi, My wife having migraine pain due to headache, I see to many Doctor, but not satisfied, pls suggest.
I am 62 yrs- suffering from diabetes and skin deseases since last two years - there is erectial dysfunction - there is numbness and pain to all hand and leg fingers -please advise
I am 25 year old male and have migraine. I get sever pains at times no medicine helps what can I do?
Is there any best treatment specially in Homeopathy about Epilepsy suffering from the last 12 years.
Hi I'm 21 yr boy My hands will be some time shake /vibrating And also some time my right side eye shaking What was it? please guid me.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.