Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dharmapuri and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh ShyamsundarYour feedback matters!
I have dark circles around eyes, tell me some home remedies. I have some hair fall to, tell me how to get longer hair.
I'm working 8 hours in front of computer in a day. My eyes getting pain after coming to home. So what should I do ?
My eyes becomes red while I ride a bike. N my eyes become very watery while riding a bike. What should I do.
I suffer from myopia, - 6.5,-7 in left and right respectively. I want to know the drawbacks of lasik surgery as I want it done in Shankar Netralaya, Chennai. Whether there will be any complications? Would I be able to sit in administrative exams? In which field surgery is not acceptable?
I am 18 year old girl nd my eyes are weak I use my specs to see far object as it not seems soo clear so I want to know that Regular use of specs can cure the eyes or not .and during self studies I am supposed to use my specs or not?
Gud mrng sir, my consern is my eyes.This is yellow instead of white.Can u plz suggest me for whitening the same.This colour from my childhood.Plz advice
Since last saturday, I find stye like eruption + corner of the eye near nasal bridge there is sort of oozing (red). No pain but, teary eye. Please suggest medicine. Am putting zo eye drops. Is it ok.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.
I got something stuck in my eye it might be any dust particle. After 2 days my eye started swelling and a white coloured sticky liquid started coming from my eye. So what can I do with this situation.
My eyes are burning. When I where sunglasses my eyes stops burning for 5 minutes. When I read books it burns faster n faster. When I sit near pc it burns faster n faster. What I should do? My eyes burns faster n faster.
Hello sir, my eyesight is -6 .I am going to blind. Pls help me give me a suggestion. Which food can I take? And eyesight exercises are helpful to me? Pls rly me.
I am 19 years of old . I am very sad because I am suffering from eye visual problem . It is called retinitis PIGMENTOSA . It is a genetic eye disease. Day to day my eye vision is decreasing . I am the only hope for my family . If I gone my family will also gone and I do not want to become blind bcz I have to do lot of things. For our country. I want my vision back . Is it possible ? Should I hope that I will get my vision back bcz it is very important for me and my family . I am requesting you that please help me . If you know any other kind of treatment for this please tell me . Do not ignore this because I am a middle class boy . I know that you can understand that how it is pain for my family .
From morning I have my eyes like full of blood redness in the eye and their is pain in my lower back head and the sides of the head when ever I speak it pains. And I feel dizziness and some type of feeling then I will fell down Can you tell me what happens to me and how to overcome the problem.
Cataract is clouding of clear natural lens present inside the eye, this is a major cause of decreased vision in elderly. Cataracts can occur in one or both eyes, usually developing very slowly. Things look blurry, hazy, less colourful and less sharp with cataract.
Most cataracts are related to ageing, however many other factors can either increase the rate of formation or cause cataract formation.
Causes of Cataract Formation-
Ageing: Most common cause. As the proteins present in the lens of the eye degenerates over the years ( just like any other organ) cataract is formed. If you are having Diabetes or hypertension, the rate of formation gets accelerated.
Radiation: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, especially UV-B rays, results in cataract in your eyes. Wearing sunglasses in the daytime helps in slowing down the process of cataract.
Genes: Many genetic disorders can result in congenital cataract ( cataracts present since birth) or early formation. Like in Lowe syndrome or Down's syndrome.
How To Detect Cataract?
Certain signs and symptoms suggest the existence of cataract in the eye. Depending on the type and level of cataract, problems in vision occurs. The main symptom is foggy cloudy vision as if seeing through a dirty glass window.
Other Symptoms are-
- inability to see clearly in bright light (during the day) which becomes better in dim light ( evening and night) and vice versa.
- watery, tired eyes - mild pain in and around eyes.
- yellow tinge in vision
- Halos around light bulbs or bright light.
If you are experiencing above symptoms and having problems in viewing things clearly, consult an ophthalmologist and get your eyes checked.