Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dharmapuri and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh ShyamsundarYour feedback matters!
Hi, have swelling with tissue bulge around black eyeball in the eye. It persists more than an hour and could not see properly .what to do?
Hello sir I have right eyes pain and tears problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor my self Kalpana Kumari I am 35 year old married women.
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Why does my hair loss under 25 years. Please tell the solution of this disease. And whats treatment is like for distance sight eyes problems.
I am 43 year old. Not suffering by any of regular problems like BP Diabetes Thyroid Obesity etc. Absolutely normal I am. Recent few months my eyes started watering often especially right eye. I'm using no spectacles, got vision checked around 10 months back it is 6/6. What do I do to stop flowing of eyes?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.