Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Dhanbad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VIVEK PRAKASHYour feedback matters!
I brush daily but my teeth are yellow and some pores & marks on them. Is it due to deficiency of calcium? What can I do to fulfill it?
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
1.Baking soda - Baking soda is one of the best ingredients that you can use to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help remove plaque and make your pearly whites shine.
Recipe: Mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this gritty mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it once or twice a week. Alternatively, you can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide.
You can make a whitening mouthwash by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash two or three times a day.
You can also scrub your teeth gently for at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days. It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
2. Orange Peel: Cleaning your teeth with the fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin c and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night. Do this for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
If the fresh orange peel is not available, you can use dried orange peel powder.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin c, which helps make your teeth whiter. Grind a few strawberries into a paste. Rub the paste on your teeth gently. If done twice daily for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
Another option is to mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda and spread the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide: The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide can help make yellow teeth white again. Rinse and gargle with a mouthwash that has hydrogen peroxide. Make sure not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide. You can also make a paste of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and gently brush your teeth with it. Later, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
5. Lemon: The bleaching property present in lemons can also help get rid of yellow discoloration. In fact, gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again. Mix together a few drops of lemon juice and some salt. Apply the mixture on the stained teeth and rub the paste vigorously over your teeth and gums. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Do this twice daily for about two weeks to get rid of tartar and the yellow tinge.