Doctors in Sant Parmanand Hospital
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Heart Attack
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Knee replacement
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Submit a review for Sant Parmanand HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I felt some side effects with minoxidil like heart palpitation, headache. So I stopped taking that and in order to counter the heart palpitation my doc prescribed me beta blocker metoprolol 25 mg. 12.5 mg in morning and 12.5 mg at night for 1 month. Since now I am feeling well. The side effects of minoxidil are slowly fading away. Do I need to take this medicine for a long 1 month duration or shall I start tapering the dose from the 15th day because I don't wanna take beta blockers for a long time because it's messing up with my daily physical activities.
My mother is suffering from knee and shoulder pain. She is not able to move her shoulder easily and always have pain in knees since 2-3 weeks. She used many home remedies and also consult to many doctors but nothing is helpful yet. She don't take any medicine for this and don't want to take. What she should do?
Hi doc, This has been a recent thing which has started. I had a panic attack on jan 3rd this year which lasted for few days. Finally visited doctor. First a pulmonologist. Who cleared all is good for lungs and later visited a psychologist. She said that this is a panic attack. For which she recommended pari and clonazepam I didn't use it. As I thought I might get addicted to it. I again had the same feeling day before e whole choking feeling. Head spins. Less clarity in vision. I can't feel my legs hands palm feel I will die. And this is my last moment of life sudden high bp rise. And feel terrible can't speak. I feel something weird numbness all over. Truly worst feeling I keep walking here and there. Just to avoid the situation. There is no problem in life. It's just I feel afraid. This might cause that. This might cause this. And keep thinking no rest to my head.
Our kidneys are an important organ in the body and are responsible for the filtration of blood and creation of urine. Sometimes, during this process salt and other chemicals get stuck together to form small crystals also known as kidney stones. The size of a kidney stone can range from the size of a sugar crystal to the size of a ping pong ball. However, it is noticed only if it is large enough to cause a blockage. Smaller stones may pass out of the body without you realizing it.
Kidney stones can be a very painful experience. Some of the symptoms exhibited by patients suffering from kidney stones are:
Excruciating pain is usually the symptom that makes a patient consult a doctor in cases of kidney stone problems. A confirmed diagnosis can then be made by using a series of tests that include an X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan and urine analysis. A blood test may also be conducted to check the mineral levels in the body.
1. Family history of kidney stones
2. High uric acid levels in the blood
3. Being between 20-50 years of age
4. A previous kidney stone
5. Chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
6. Some medication such as diuretics and antacids with calcium
7. Inadequate fluid intake
Between men and women, the former are at a higher risk of suffering from kidney stones. Asians and Caucasians also suffer from this condition more than people from other races. Hormone changes during pregnancy can also trigger the formation of kidney stones.
The first thing to do if you suffer from a kidney stone is to increase your water intake. This can help dissolve some of the minerals in the stone and make it a small enough to pass through the urethra. Injectable anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers may be used to ease the pain caused by kidney stones.
If the kidney stone does not pass on its own, a process known as lithotripsy may also be used. This involves the administration of shock waves that can break a large stone into smaller pieces. In extreme cases, surgical techniques may also be used.
Hypertension, which is also known as high blood pressure is a prominent factor that is responsible for the development of many serious health issues like cardiac disorder, chronic kidney diseases, vision loss and stroke. The dominant causes of hypertension include troubled lifestyle style, genetics, environmental factors and internal imbalances. You cannot possibly control the chances of suffering from hypertension but you can always prevent and minimize the risk of the problems that are associated with hypertension.
The following are some lifestyle tips that can help you to manage and minimize the risk of developing hypertension:
Maintain a healthy body weight: weight plays a crucial role in the prevention of hypertension. People who are obese run the risk of developing hypertension. It is advisable to lose excessive body fat to maintain an ideal body weight. A well-maintained body weight minimizes the risk of hypertension.
Eat a healthy and balanced diet: unhealthy food intake is a primary factor that causes hypertension. Eating a healthy and balanced diet enables you to manage your blood pressure effectively. Incorporate plenty of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables, especially the ones rich in potassium. Limit excess intake of calories, sugar, and fat as they tend to increase the risk of hypertension.
Reduce consumption of salt: higher sodium intake increases your blood pressure level. Avoid high-sodium processed and packaged foods as they are high in sodium content. A low-sodium diet enables you to keep your blood pressure normal.
Exercise regularly: an active lifestyle is known to lower the risk of hypertension. Make sure to indulge yourself into some physical activities on a daily basis.
Limit the alcohol intake: excessive intake of alcohol can raise your blood pressure level. Limit your alcohol consumption to minimize the chances of hypertension.
Monitor your blood pressure: monitor your blood sugar level on a regular basis. Hypertension usually does not show any symptoms. If your blood pressure ranges between 120-139/80-89 millimeters of mercury it is an indication that you run a higher risk of developing hypertension. A raise in blood pressure demands moderation of lifestyle practices and controlled food intake.
Manage stress level: excessive stress and anxiety are not good for your blood pressure. Severe stress is known to shoot up your blood pressure level which leads to the development of many other health related complications including the improper functioning of crucial organs like heart and kidney.
The human ear is divided into three parts, namely the outer, middle and inner ear. All these parts function in coherence with each other and help us in converting vibrations into sound and information. The middle ear consists of the air space between the inner ear and the outer ear and contains the bones that transmit the vibrations of the outer ear and translate them into information.
This area is prone to infections, especially among children and thus, may cause discomfort or pain.
Symptoms of middle ear infections: Middle ear infections primarily tend to manifest themselves as inflammation of the tissues and buildup of fluids. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below.
- Ear pain either sitting or standing up and especially while lying down
- Irritability and crying, which in infants could translate to more than usual crying
- Problems with sound and difficulties in hearing
- Fluid buildup causing balance related problems
- Discharge of fluid in certain cases
- Unable to sleep and also loss of appetite
- In some cases, children may have high fever
Causes of middle ear infections: The primary cause of middle ear infection is due to the presence of bacteria or virus in the area. The Eustachian tube, which runs from the middle ear to the back of the throat, is connected to nasal passages as well. Any infection that affects the throat or the nose may also affect the middle ear through this tube. Primary causes for the infections could be:
- Cold or flu-like symptoms, which then infect the middle ear as well
- Otitis media, which is the buildup of fluid and inflammation either due to the presence of bacteria and viruses or even without it
- Seasonal infections, which are common during late autumn or winters
- Air pollution is also known to be a factor
- Infection from others, especially in the case of children when they are part of a group care
- Children from 6 months to 2 years are also susceptible to middle ear infections as their immune systems are much less developed
Treatment of middle ear infections: Usually, middle ear infections resolve on their own within a day or so. You can try warm compress with a soft piece of cloth to ease the pain. However, if pain persists for too long then antibiotic medications may be required to fight the infection with pain relief medications to lessen the pain and discomfort.
Fibromyalgia refers to a medical condition which is characterized by chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain, often backed by tiredness, sleep and issues related to memory and mood. Research indicates that the problem of fibromyalgia tends to amplify painful sensations by affecting the way our brain processes signals related to pain.Notable SymptomsGenerally physical trauma, surgery, any sort of infection or psychological stress tends to indicate that there is chance of fibromyalgia. They are now talked of in great detail below:Widespread Pain: If you are troubled by pain, on both the sides of your body, which is widespread in nature, especially above and below the waist, then it’s a clear indication of fibromyalgia
- Tiredness: People affected by the problem tend to wake up feeling tired, even when they sleep for long periods of time.
- Cognitive Difficulties: There is a symptom, commonly known as “fibro fog”, which tends to impair one’s ability to focus, be attentive and concentrate on mental tasks.
Fibromyalgia often tends to co-exist with certain other painful conditions such as acute headaches like migraine, painful bladder syndrome, mucous colitis, which is the other name for irritable bowel syndrome. Causes:The actual cause of this disorder is not known but it might be the result of accumulation of certain factors.
- Genetic Disorder: Fibromyalgia often tends to affect families. Certain genetic mutations might make someone a lot more susceptible towards developing this particular disorder.
- Infections From Illnesses: Some genetic disorders such as lupus can cause infections, as a result of which fibromyalgia might be caused.
- Trauma: Physical trauma such as car accident or even mental trauma due to early death of a loved one can lead to the problem of Fibromyalgia.
There are currently no cures for Fibromyalgia but some changes in lifestyle can make a person live peacefully with this chronic pain condition too. Manage Your Duties Well: Try and manage your daily chores in a sparing manner. Avoid lifting heavyweights and keep someone in the loop for assistance.
- Take Sufficient Rest: Though one should avoid being in the bed for too long but still sufficient rest is a must.
- Regular Exercises: Exercise is considered to be one of the best ways to get rid of fibromyalgia. Exercises in the form of either walking, swimming or stretching and bicycling would be beneficial.
- Yoga: Stress related pain could be easily tackled through Yoga, which is a very effective form of exercise for people suffering from fibromyalgia.
- Healthy Diet: Eating healthy is a must if a person suffering from this particular problem wants to live well. Consider taking fresh and natural items over processed or the ones with preservatives. Avoid taking foods which have high calories, saturated fats or there is usage of artificial sweetener.
So, we have talked about different perspectives on fibromyalgia, with regard to the symptoms, what causes this particular problem and how can one get rid of it or at least stay healthy with it.