Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
I am 22 year old since from last 4 years I am suffering from night fall problem. Due to which my right leg knee cause pain if I stretch it or when I lift some weight. And m also in depression from last 2 years. please don't mind. Sry but I have to say it clearly. I don't masturbate since 1 year n night fall happens since once in a month with out naughty dream of girl. So what should I do know. Also I have increase my sex power. Plzz give valid reason n solutions p.
I have a negative thinking in my life. Everytime I thing only the bad things in my life .and I lost all my hope from my life.
Hi so when I get really bad about anxiety or In public I can't and it's really hard for me to go to the washroom and I can't control and hold my bladder in I always have to worry and find a bathroom anywhere I have urge incontinence and NBD neurogenic bladder disorder and I'm really scared and nervous and worried about going out of the house now in this case I always use pad liners or diapers underwear is this normal before I started buying pad liner and diapers I put toilet paper in my underwear butt I needed stronger protection for this problem is that okay.
I am 29 year old female .i am suffering from severe depression and anxiety from last 4 years. I have tried medicines and meditation but nothing works. My profession is such that I cannot takes medicines which are sedatives or put me into the sleep or slightest of delusion. What should I do. (i have gone through counselling and have met reputed doctors as well) .
Hi, I am very depressed from last 4-5 months and even taken medicines for stress and depression as well. It was ok for some time when i took one month break but after joining the work it again started, I am thinking so much negative and always think to quit job and sit idle or change the carrier where there is less pressure. I don't know, very confused in the life now. Please advice. Thanks.
I am easily stressed and getting disappointed by others so can you please guide me to over come this and be successful.
Am reducing my weight what should be my ideal breakfast and I am walking daily 12 kmsI want to avoid smoking and tobacco even I tried but I am facing so any procedure or tablets to avoid My sister has pcos problem. She treats from gyno Doctor in two times. But her problem hasn't gone.
My mind is diverting on things other than study. Give me a suggestion that will help me to concentrate on study.
I'm studying in 12th. I want to study and score my goal. But when I sit for studying I feel sleepy. Sometimes im getting irritated and I will stop studying. But I really want to study. Whatever I studied when it comes in exam I forget it. Any medicine for remembrance? Doctor please help me sir? Is there any medicine for proper study and remembrance ? Is SANTHOSHBRAMI medicine good to take for remembrance?
I do desk jobs daily for at least 10-12 hours from home. My job is mainly related to freelance assignment solving. But for last few weeks, I'm facing serious headache problems. Even after 10 minutes staring to the monitor, I can't work any more. I feel disgusted and depressed. Can you help me?
I am addicted to chew tobbaco. How to be refrained from it and how it's addiction going to affect in long run.
Am a 28 year old. Since 5 year am a chain smoker. Now am too weak. I wanna improve my health and I want to stop my smoking habit.
I was in a relationship with a Muslim girl. After a steady relationship of six months , she broke up with me. Since then I have almost become mad without her. Different symptoms of ecstasy like shedding of tears, bodily hairs standing erect ,horripilation manifested in my body. I went into severe depression. I cannot forget her. Please help me. I am in very need of help. I have dealt with many counsellors ,psychologists but nothing helped me. Please help me.
I am 24 years old, and I have been suffering from dandruff, hair fall, thicker hair and going to almost bald, I am very much tensed with this problem, please help me.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
- Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
- Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
- Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
- Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
- Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
- Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia problem and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
- Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
- Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.