Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Smita
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. SmitaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a chronic headache. Sometimes its become intolerable. I also observed that due to heavy sunshine or due to smoke it's started. And sometimes when the the headache started it's feel like hammering inside my head. What to do?
I having relationship problems. I'm mostly in a frustrated mood. I can have my problems sorted but what to control my frustration. Sometimes I cry a lot. Shout for nothing. And I can't be focused on anything. I'm always in some kind of stress or tension. Like I need to open up something. Tell something. But I can't. Please help.
Dear sir, I'm underweight, because of anxiety and unnecessary confusion , my weight is gradually reducing. If you tell me know the dangers of anxiety, I'll try to avoid it permanently. Pls pls. I'm very confused in this connection. Pls pls pls tell me the danger of anxiety to human body.
Why I can not even do basic multiplication many days. Only some days I feel like I am on my full potential. Others I do not even feel like talking with anyone and do not even have the will power to study. I can concentrate whole day some days other day I can not even see my books. Whenever someone hurts my feelings I experience these and no matter how small things are I just feel bad and my brain keep visualizing those bad experience. How can I be normal?
I am having pain on my back side of my head whenever it pains within 2 days my symptoms are I get angry very fast and I feel weakness.
I love someone very badly. We were in relationship of about 3 year She left me last year for no reason I think so because she don't told me the reason why she left me since then I feel depressed and I can't take that for so long and I want to forget her and I started taking drugs but I also did't worked and now I can't feel anything . No fillings . Always remembering her and same thing happens memories hurt and I then again take dose of drugs I see her everywhere . Always think about her And this changed my whole life . Everything is spoiled in my life not a single thing is good in my life and this made me to think about suicide It hurts now please help me please help me.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 year old, my weight is 50 kg. When I am going for interview, interviewer make fun that small boy is coming for interview. So please tell me the way so that I can increase my weight and become fit.
My father is 57 he is still very much interested in sex but my mom is not she is 48 aged. He follows my mom every moment .so we consulted to psychologist he told that he is suspicious on my mom and blaming my mom's character. My mom is good one. Doctor asked to use tablets but also he dint change after using tablets .he is still crying unnecessarily and unsleepy .and we are in dilemma and depressed with him.
A panic attack is the result of a sudden enormous burst of fear and anxiety. The heart tends to beat faster and breathing becomes difficult. A person gets a feeling of going crazy and dries up. If the treatment is not taken on time, this condition can aggravate to panic disorder and such other problems. It is totally curable if the symptoms are addressed properly.
Symptoms of panic disorder:
Panic attacks can lead someone to panic in any place. It takes only 10 minutes to reach its peak and typically lasts for 25-20 minutes. A patient is a prime candidate of a panic disorder if he frequently suffers from the following symptoms:
- The discomfort of the chest
- Profound sweating
- Fear of losing control of life
- Feeling of detachment from the surrounding
- A choked feeling
- Heart palpitation
- Sudden cold flashes and tingling sensation
Apart from the above symptoms, if a patient suffers from anxiety in between panic attacks in anticipation of another panic attacks, he could be suffering from panic disorders. it is often witnessed that patients suffering from panic disorder avoid certain situations and places.
What causes panic disorder?
Panic disorder results from frequent panic attacks and the cause of the latter are not very clear. It is believed that certain life transitions such as divorce, getting married, acute stress, the death of loved one can result in panic attacks. A person has higher chances of getting this disease if it runs in the family. Some medical conditions that can cause panic disorder are hyperthyroidism, use of stimulants such as cocaine, caffeine and mitral valve prolapse.
How it can be treated?
Behavioral treatment: Cognitive behavioral therapy is widely considered as one of the effective treatments for panic attacks. This form of treatment effectively focuses on thinking patterns and behavior that triggers panic attacks. It helps you to look at your apprehensions in a better light. Another method of treatment for panic disorder is called exposure therapy. This method exposes a patient sensation of panic in a controlled environment. The trick is to deal with it in a much better way. For instance, you might be asked to cross the road. When you successfully manage to do it without getting crashed, you are less likely to panic in foreseeable future.
Medication Treatment: Medication can address the problem temporarily, but is not a good solution for long term. Certain medication such as antidepressants and Benzodiazepines are prescribed by doctors with time duration of every 1-2 hours. These are anti-anxiety drugs and gives immediate relief from panic attacks. However, it should be ensured that these medicines are only consumed once a doctor prescribes it.