Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Shikha Sharma
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Ms. Shikha SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have a bad past which is effecting my present? My mind always thinks of them and I am unable to focus in present? My attention is out of order and I am getting anger and I live more in past and I react to it with my facial expressions changing ?what should I do to stay in present?
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of an age suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, foggy vision, stiff head, depersonalization, tuff to carry on life since 1 year. One of psychologist has suggested me that your immunity is too low so eat healthy and sleep good. As soon as your immunity power rises you will be alright is he right. Please suggest.
How can I control claustrophobia and anxiety. I am taking etizolam 0.5 daily one time a day. But sometime I feel anxious. Please help.
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterised by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms included hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behaviour therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life.
Hi, My husband in front of all become very good and lovable but at alone he don't want to see my face he didn't understand me and never talk with and not understanding my feelings so that I decided I have to quit my life.
My mind is good. But I am not interested in study. I forgot every thing after one day. No feelings sleepy. Every time feeling weakness.Please reply me.
Please suggest. Champix 1 mg one tab twice daily for 3 month can I quit and stop smoking completely.
Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a mental health condition, which is usually triggered by an unfortunate event experienced or witnessed by the affected patient in the past. The symptoms of this condition are flashbacks, nightmares and extreme anxiety. The patient also thinks about the event in an uncontrolled manner.
PTSD is a serious mental health condition that can damage the affected person's personality to a great extent. Therefore, the person should be given proper treatment at the earliest. There are various treatment methods for PTSD that can help you in changing how you think about a traumatic event. The treatment options that can be used have been mentioned below:
There are different forms of counselling for treating PTSD which include:
- Cognitive therapy: It is a therapy where you learn how to change your thought patterns regarding the trauma and allow you to eliminate unnecessary fears.
- Exposure therapy: It involves talking about the trauma over and over again until the fear departs.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: It is a process where you are made to focus on several forms of distractions like sounds and hand movements while you think about the trauma. A good therapist is very important to bring positive changes in your life by means of counseling therapy. You require a therapist who will listen to whatever you have to say and guide you through everything to make you feel better.
SSRI or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor is a form of antidepressant medicine, which helps you with your sadness and tension. There are certain medicines that are really effective and can be prescribed by your doctor depending on the condition.
Other forms of treatment:
There are several other types of medicines and procedures that can be used for treating PTSD. They include the following:
- There are other counselling forms, which include group therapy, brief psychodynamic psychotherapy and family therapy.
- There are other medicines as well for the treatment of PTSD. They include tricyclic antidepressants and atypical antidepressants.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like isocarboxazid can also be used for curing PTSD.
- Certain mood stabilizers can be taken along with the medicines such as carbamazepine and lithium.
- Several antipsychotics, which include risperidone can be used to tackle symptoms such as flashbacks and sleeplessness.
- Another medicine known as prazosin is also used for dealing with nightmares and sleep disorders caused by PTSD. All kinds of medicines for the treatment of PTSD should be taken only after being prescribed by a doctor.
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a serious mental health condition in which a patient suffers from continuous negative thoughts regarding a traumatic event which has happened in the past. This condition may give rise to other health problems, and immediate treatment is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.