Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Shaila RawalYour feedback matters!
If a person is short tempered and not listen to advises , how to make him follow the medical practisners recommendation.
I am fit,but sometimes am feeling like earthquake and my body heart beats is hardly beaten, just like earthquake and feeling my bad also shaking me. It's happening 1 or 2 mint 2-3 time in day. What can I do. Am very depressed for the.
Hii I am 23 years old I would like to ask you that how I can improve my concentration power wherever I read something I can't concentrate on it for longer time and after few seconds I feel that I read so much so pls help me .
I am having a spinal block and sedation and am very anxious about the whole procedure. How can I get through the next 2 weeks without constant anxiety and apprehension?
I'm on finasteride 1 mg and minoxidil 5% everyday from past 1.8 yrs. Recently I'm suffering from some anxiety problem, loss of memory etc. My question , is it coz of finasteride? I read some forum saying that it affects to our brain n result anxiety n memory loss. Thanks in advance.
Hi.There is a friend of mine.She has lost her mother when she was kid.She couldn't concentrate in study after that and taken degrees from open school.She is thyroid patient.Somehow she behaves very awkwardly when somebody in family ask her to loose weight or study like tying dupatta on her neck and threatened to kill herself.Is it a medical condition.How critical is it?
I got married 3 years back My wife age 23 years mother of a 2 year old son is very short tempered, it's sometimes uncontrollable she gets angry without any reason even threatens to die. She also suffers from the problem of white discharge. Please help what should I do or is there any medicine to make her normal.
Hello I am always treated as logical persons I gave advices how and why our families and friends are important to us I gave preechings to my friends of different religions how can we stay together and could add value to bring unity among all of our different religion friends But I personally get disturbed when I think that what I shall do to make sure my parents are healthy my small kids remain safe and am getting disturbed when I think about any death of such whom I know but died in young ages so on so on and also I am disturbed about a question what is there after the life ends this us small but impacts my whole think box.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.