Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Shaila RawalYour feedback matters!
I love sex & legs of girls. So I hv done HP daily. please tell me what kind of med I used for ignoring of sex.
Jolivel 50 contain opipramol 50. I take by neurologist. My symptom is confusion. Dizziness. Stomach upset. Constipation. Fear. Fast heart rate. Doctor give me jolivel 50 .he said that I am suffering with anxiety. He told me that this antidepressant medicine start working in 6 to 8 weeks of treatment. Ibs is also related to anxiety. So please tell me that I'm on 3 weeks of medicine. What is the dite for this. I drink tea that cause acidity. Fried chicken also cause acidity. What food I take and how much time taken to recover fully with anxiety disorder. PLEASE TELL ME.
I am feeling very depressed now a days with my exam results. But I want to recover from this situation. I can't even study for this. Please Help me.
I am a 48 year old male and having anxiety since almost 6 months due to recession. I have pain at the opening of stomach after I have my food. Also, I suffer from migraine quite often now. Earlier I had taken medicine for Depression for one month. Doctor prescribed me Stablon (1 OD)
I am 53 years old & suffering from bipolar depression please suggest me what should I eat/drink & what should not?
A panic attack is an intense and sudden feeling of fear that may lead the person to lose control and fear that he is dying. The intensity of the attack normally hits for around ten minutes though the symptoms may linger on after that. It normally occurs without prior signals and is typically unrelated to any of the underlying health troubles.
Ways to Control Panic Attack Symptoms-
If you are experiencing signs of panic attacks, then it is imperative to undergo proper medical treatment to find out any deeper medical problem related to these symptoms. If there is no definite cause, which is required to be treated, then there are various ways of controlling the panic attacks.
Proper education: If panic attacks are left untreated for a long time, then it may lead to panic disorder, which includes frequent and recurrent panic attacks within a short span. So, it is important to have proper knowledge for combating panic disorders. You will have to understand how the fear centre of the brain works in order to recognise what panic disorder is. It is imperative to understand that the signs of panic disorder have no connection with any severe illness.
Calm breathing: When a person is hit with a panic disorder, it is natural to take short, shallow breaths. You will have to take control of your breath and try to create a slow stream of air within and breathe it out, which will prevent hyperventilation and an accumulation of carbon-dioxide in the blood. It is recommended to practice slow breathing in a normal state of mind, so that you have a good hold over the technique which would come in handy when a panic attack occurs. You will have to breathe in for five seconds and hold the breath for one second before you exhale it out, spanning through four seconds. Repeat the process several times until you start experiencing a soothing feel.
Muscle relaxation: Then you must try to learn how to relax the body by tensing and then relaxing different muscles, which will reduce the overall anxiety and stress levels causing panic attacks. You can start working on the muscles of your feet and then slowly move on to the forehead. You will have to tighten each muscle group while taking a deep breath, hold it for a few moments and release it while breathing out.
In case you think you are suffering from a panic disorder, it is imperative to waste no time and talk to a psychologist without further delay.
My chest pain a lot and not able to breath properly how can I reduce it? I smoke. Is that the reason? Is there any precaution and reduce the effect.
Dear sir, Muje tension Bahut hoti he jisase Muje headache ho jati he. Bina vajah tension hoti he or mere dimag me kuch na kuch chalta hi rahta he. Please suggest me.
Male 25years old. I think have an addiction of game called clash of clans. M worry about that. Playing 2-3hrs daily. What should I do to come out of.
I am 20 yrs old female. I lose control on myself when I get angry. I started throwing things. This is happening with me from last few months. I dont know how can I cope with all.
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
- Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
These are some of the natural remedies that you can opt for to fight depression before consulting a psychologist for the same.
Exams are round the corner. Can shank pushpi help in memorising the lessons for my son who is in class 8th.
Even after putting her best in her family, Radha's husband was shouting at her again, her children were again complaining about the food, her mother-in-law about her joint pains and even when she had a million issues on her mind, the one bothering her most was her board presentation scheduled tomorrow in office.
Tired, exhausted and challenged she smiled remembering her mother's words-
'They say it's difficult to be a woman! You need to think like a man, act like a lady, and look like a girl and work like a horse.'
From an amoeba to higher species four aspects are common-Nutrition, Reproduction, Excretion and the fourth one is Stress. Working professional or a home maker, a woman's plate is always full with multiple projects and a huge list of things to do. Cooking, washing, cleaning, picking & dropping kids, homework, spouse attention, extended family, social obligations, and dependency on maids, over demanding workplace, sometimes obnoxious co-workers, and long commuting hours are facets that bother every woman today.
All these activities and stressing situations are disturbing. The human mind is not conditioned to handle so much. The result is emotional disturbance- anxiety, energy drain and undue stress.
We need to understand that we have the power to be happy, stress free, peaceful and only we can help ourselves. Hence it's important to take charge of situations causing stress. We should try to go easy on ourselves and accept the following:
We are not Durga or an Octopus with multiple hands: We need to understand our limitations and should not stretch ourselves. We can always ask for help from others. Sometimes people around us are just unaware about our needs. We should ask our family, friends, co-workers for help bluntly, rather expecting them to read our mind.
Don't try to control the uncontrollable: We should not get tense unnecessarily when something happens unplanned and hampers your schedule. We need to accept facts -we can't change the weather, situations, how others behave. The best way is to relax and accept situations and re-plan your day.
Don't be a perfectionist: Expecting perfection from others adds on to our stress. Not everyone can be organised like you. Your maid might not be able keep your home spotless, your daughter's hand writing could be as poor as the girl you hated in your class, and your co-worker might not be good in MS Excel. A perfectionist cannot delegate work. Be easy on yourself and on others. Most importantly don't nag people about issues; it can make them feel suffocated.
Self-compassion: Be compassionate with yourself too. Don't feel pressure to perform every time. Don't try to put extra efforts beyond your limit to please others. Give some room to others to make mistakes- after all people learn from them.
Stay on schedule: An organised approach to handle tasks always gives a pleasure of accomplishment and it's very important to design a balanced routine and stick to it. A 'Me Time' is very important when you budget your day.
Simplicity reduces stress: Keeping less stuff helps us to manage and organise things better. Don't buy or store things you don't need.
Take care of your health: Our mind, body and soul are inseparable. Taking care of your health, practicing yoga, and exercising, eating a healthy diet is important to fuel better emotional well-being.
Tears are not sign of weakness! Don't feel guilty: Yeah! Shedding tears does not make you weak. Don't feel miserable for being sensitive. Express yourself openly!
Be assertive in communication style: We can always put across our points assertively without sounding irritated, frustrated or angry. It's important to put your thoughts and difference of opinion constructively.
I am alcoholic I am drinking everyday whisky if I don't take 2 or 3 pag every day I can not sleep at night please help and suggest me how to leave this habit?
Are you suffering from acute depression? Well, in this case nothing can be a better solution than taking anti-depressants. Anti-Depressants are nothing, but specialized medicines or drugs that can help in releasing the stress hormones and finally the depression is completely eliminated.
These medicines need to be taken only if the doctors have prescribed the same, otherwise you might face innumerable complications. Some people think that these drugs are equivalent to sleeping pills; in fact they are not.
What are the benefits of the ani-depressants?
- Provide Tranquillity: You can feel calm by taking the tranquilizers. However, in this case, you have to be very much aware of the perfect dosage as overdose can create innumerable troubles that cannot be easily rectified. In fact, these medicines can be treated as one of the major aspects of any psychological treatment. These drugs are the most powerful of all, and on the other hand, you can have greater effectiveness after consuming the same. If you are facing heath complications while taking these anti-depressants, then you have to immediately inform about the same to the doctor so that you can remain absolutely safe and protected.
- Increases Comfort: Your comfort level can be increased to a great extent. If you think that alcohol can provide you comfort, then you are wrong. Your health will get deteriorated a lot by having alcohol. But in this case, you will not face any health complications until and unless dosage is exceeded. All anti-depressants are not suitable for your health, and this is the reason you should listen to your doctor and then only consume the same. You should learn the safest usage of anti-depressants so that you can remain healthy and safe along with the elimination of stress and depression.
- Treating Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety is of the most critical types of mental disorders that cannot be easily treated, and this is the reason doctors often prescribe different kinds of anti-depressants so that anxiety can be controlled. In this case, Barbiturate deserves special mention and this drug is suitable for all. Nembutal and Phenobarbital are also very much beneficial in treating anxiety disorders. Acute stress and panic attacks can be resolved only by consuming Benzodiazepines. Brain activity can be reduced, and your nerves can get relaxed. This calming effect is really quite soothing in nature and can help you to stay away from all kinds of depression.