Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Shaila RawalYour feedback matters!
Hi. My name is Latifur Rahman I m worried about ma health. I don't know what should I do? Doctor recommended me to lose weight but its very tough for ME. I m official person there is lots of stress n work work schedule is very long approx 10 hrs. Really I m worried about ma health. Plzzzz suggest me what should I do to lose ma weight n look fit.
I have bad and depressed thoughts when wake up in morning at 8 and lie down on bed upto 10 with depressing taught and also bad feeling all days. What to do I don't understand while everything around me is good happenings.
I am a regular student and my weight has been a topic of stress for me since a few days. Since a very long time i'm trying to put on some weight. Tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Need some advice.
I am 28 years male I have problem of high pulse rate from about a month ago I have done ecg and the report is normal and anytime I check my blood pressure it is also normal and I have a problem of anxiety due to my intestine irritation pls let me know what should I do.
Homeopathy: an alternative treatment for depression?
As per the national crime records bureau report, between 2004-2014, the number of suicides in India increased by a whopping 15.8% out of which 16, 307 people from Maharashtra itself committed suicide, making it the highest number of suicides in the country. The days when depression was not even discussed and brushed off as nothing but a mere state of mind are slowly coming to an end.
M addicted to weed. But I really want to get red of dis. I seriously fed up aid Di's.PlZzz tell me how to stop smoking weed.
My mother have desperation problem like fear of what to do and excited and always like to sleep But not in deep sleep just lay down on bed.please help
I think too much and plan too much , since my childhood , but couldn't anything like my plans. Now I have a good running business and a nice family. But I have lots and lots of problems which I have created by being lazy all time and accumulating my jobs. Today I don't have time for anyone , even my family .whenever I gather some courage to do my pending jobs. I try to do them fast. And again gets back to the same dead end. It seems that the life is finished. I am not able to fulfill anyone's wishes and not even mine. I am totally trapped in my own problems. Now I can't even leave my addiction to smoking and drinking. That is further ruining my life. I am totally messed up.please help
40 years old lady and married. She have a child boy 15 years old. He studying in 10 standard. Problem is that my cousin sleep along vd husband and son on one bed. She mostly sleep with son. And always doing tight hug. She never doing gap with his boy. She take bath in front of him even change Clothes in front of his boy. And mostly touch private part also. We are doing objection many time but she said that he is his only boy and she loves him so much. And she is right. We are unable to understand her situation. please suggest us.
I want to quit the smoking he to quiting and any side effects or any causes I accoutrements if I quit the smoke.
He is forgetting the things to do and he don't remember even while he is studying he do not remember next day what he has learned and I do not remember what work I have to do its look like my brain is not working properly what he should do.
Anxiety is nothing but stress and can result from everyday work-life pressure. One's body becomes alert in a stressful situation. Too much anxiety and stress is harmful for one's health and can cause severe damages.
The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues and why you should get rid of anxiety.
- Depression: Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
- High blood pressure: The blood pressure rises during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
- Stomach problems: Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
- Disorders of the respiratory system: People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
Because anxiety does not do any good to you and your health, it is pertinent to control it.
How to best deal with anxiety:
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms.