Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Monica SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hai doctor, My name Rajesh age is 22 but all my friends told that you looking too old age like 26 ,27 please give me some suggestions am mentally disappointed because of this. Please suggest how can moisturize my face.
Break up hone k bad bhi cope up Kar nehi pa Rahe Hai. Lagta Hai depression mein ja Rahi Hu. Rat mein nind nehi hota Hai. Jada se Jada 4 hrs hota Hai. Iske asar professional life mein bahot par raha Hai. Please help me out. Thank you.
Sir I am OCD suffer and I smoke, tobacco should I avoid all these? And is this the main reason that I suffering by OCD? Is this the reason which decreased the level of serotonin? Sir kindly tell me your advice wiil be grate full to me thank you.
Dear sir, From one month I had head tingling and numbness in hand and legs, I contact doctor he told me it was anxiety and given some tablets, but it won't help me. May I know how long it will take to cure, it was big problem, please suggest me.
I am 33 old and mom of 4.5 years old - I am having tough time in my personal life and I feel that I am getting panicked very easily and unable to think anything positive at this moment - however I want to come out of this depression - I cannot discuss everything - I just need some suggestion how can I come out of this depression and live a normal life - I have a headache all the time. Joint pain all over my body - I have vitamin D3 deficiency too leading me to been in pain all the time. I feel breathless at times along with lot of tiredness - I am unable to do my routine work efficiently like before.?
Hello doctor I have got a problem in my feelings. I'm depressed bcoz I don't feel like to enjoy myself nor I don't get feelings to myself. How do I solve this?
Anger is an emotion found in every human being. There is nothing wrong with being angry. However, if it gets out of hand there might be serious consequences. Knowing a few things about anger management might help the next time you are struggling to manage anger.
The Wrong Approach
Before knowing, what are the right things to do, it is necessary to know what doesn’t work well. This will give a better insight on anger management.
- Often, we think suppressing anger might be the right thing to do. But, it is not. Trying not to react to a situation and keeping it under wraps, might affect your health and can even be the root cause of heart disease. However, suppressing it often lessens the intensity of the anger.
- Just like suppressing it is not a good idea, venting it out completely is not the right approach as well. Venting might help you to cool down faster later on, but initially, it might hurt the other person and also have a negative impact on health. Venting anger occasionally will also make the person aggressive in nature.
- Thinking or using words like always, never, should/shouldn’t, must/mustn’t do not usually help. Thinking about ‘he should never talk to me like that’ or ‘they are always being unfair to me’, brings about negativity and doesn’t help in calming down.
The Right Approach
- Counting to 10, the age old approach to anger management often helps in cooling down and giving a clear perspective. When we are angry, we end up saying and doing things we don’t mean to. Counting gives us some time and helps us calm down a bit.
- Breathe slowly when you are angry, say experts. Instead of talking or reacting to the situation, just breathe in and out slowly. When you breathe out more, your body will calm down and make you relax.
- Talk to someone who understands you when you are angry. Instead of venting out or suppressing it, talk it out with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings and why you are angry. This will help you a lot in relaxing. It works as a counselling session.
- To manage anger, in the long run, one should always lead a healthy lifestyle. It means not just having a healthy diet, but also having proper sleep, not being stressed about anything, doing exercise, etc.
- Doing something creative often takes your mind away from angry feelings. Join a dance class, an art workshop, start keeping a journal, it will definitely help in the long run.
- Leave the place immediately for few moments and drink water slowly when angry. Don't prolong the anger, come back and start conversation normally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.