Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in new delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Damini Grover
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Counselling And Stress Management
Submit a review for Ms. Damini GroverYour feedback matters!
Anxiety and stress are the biggest roadblocks of sound sleep for many individuals. It is estimated that three out of ten individuals can’t sleep due to anxiety related disorders. The mind starts racing as soon one tries to sleep. The anxiousness results in increased restlessness, thereby, affecting sleep. Most adults face this problem at least once in a week. There are many individuals whose sleep is affected more than once a week due to anxiety.
A study revealed that more approximately 42 % women and 52% men find it difficult to focus on their work the very next day. In a case, anxiety affects your sleep occasionally, these simple methods would help you to do away with sleeplessness:
- Exercise: It is a very old practice and most people already know it. Daily exercise, moderate workout, brisk walking, jogging etc. can keep stress away and helps to improve sleep. Daily exercise can relax your nerves, loosen body muscles, relaxes the brain and helps to keep stress away. People with chronic insomnia have found to be exercising beneficial. In a case of an intense work-out session, it should be ensured that the body is rested at least twice in a week.
- Wind down before sleep: A bedtime routine is important for a sound sleep. Healthy practices such as taking shower, playing quiet music, reading a book etc. can help soothe your nerves and get can hellp you sleep better and quickly. These activities should be done at least half an hour before sleep. Soon it becomes a habit and helps an individual sleep without stress and anxiety.
- Meditate: Quieting the mind is an art. Yoga can greatly you help to achieve this without much hassle. If meditation looks like too taxing, sitting quietly in an isolated place for 5 odd minutes and inhaling and exhaling air will also do the trick. Yoga is a thousand-year-old stress buster mechanism. It has fetched fruitful results for many.
- Do not undertake stressful activities before bed: It becomes obvious not to get into any heated arguments, reading a stressful news, undertaking any stressful activity etc before bed. This will ensure that a person can relax before sleep and the adrenaline levels are at a normal level. It will ensure sound sleep for an individual.
- Create a to-do list: A to-do list takes care of daily works to be done. This can organize the day and help a person establish everything he needed to, throughout the course of the day. This will also help an individual refrain from any stress which in turn will help in sound sleep.
- Don’t lie awake: If it becomes difficult to sleep, it makes sense not to lie awake. Instead few things that are relaxing can be done in the interim. It will soothe the nerve and help to catch sleep sooner than later.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Alternating between being happy and sad as you go through life's ups and downs is normal, but if you're sad most of the time, it could be a sign of being depressed. Depression takes the joy out of all your activities, and can make merely getting through a day feel overwhelming. The first step to overcome this problem is to understand its symptoms and causes. Not everyone experiences depression the same way, but here are a few questions that can help tell you if you are depressed or not.
Do you feel helpless?
It is common for depressed people to feel helpless and that everything around them is out of their control. As a result, the person may either stop participating in activities all together or try to control things they can't. Both situations are cyclic and lead to further depression.
Have you lost interest in daily activities?
The feeling of helplessness is one of the main reasons depressed people lose interest in activities. Another reason is that activities that were once enjoyed now do not seem interesting enough. In most cases, this leads to the person isolating himself and withdrawing from all his family and friends.
Do you often feel angry or irritated?
Depression is almost always accompanied by irritability and anger. Small annoyances that would usually be overlooked quickly, take on an inappropriate significance. This can lead to poor impulse control, substance abuse and anxiety disorder. In most cases, anger and depression are related by the person trying to take accountability for things that are out of his control and hence feeling helpless.
Is there a change in your sleep pattern?
Your sleep quality is very closely related to the way you feel. Depressed people often suffer either from insomnia or oversleeping. Depressed people can have trouble going to sleep as well as staying asleep. This can cause drowsiness and lethargy during the day. Sleep apnea is also linked with depression. As you can imagine, if this is left untreated, it will only worsen your depression.
Do you feel tired?
When the body does not get adequate sleep, you begin the day feeling tired. Thus depressed people often feel fatigued and complain of a number of muscle and joint pains. This is because the body has not had enough time to regenerate cells during the night. This is usually complemented by complains of persistent headaches and stomach aches, both of which are emotionally connected to the way you feel.
The nature of depression is such that it lowers a person's self esteem to the point of interfering with his ability to seek help. Hence if you have a positive response to the above questions, it is time to address your problem before it worsens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Procrastination is a phenomenon that all people are familiar with. It is the squandering away of time in the pursuit of meaningless fulfillments at the cost of important targets and responsibilities. The more urgent tasks are constantly being put off for a later time.
In some cases, it becomes a chronic problem that can lead to severe difficulties in life. When one keeps delaying the confrontation of essential commitments, it can have a tremendous negative impact on life in the form of failure, stress, and embarrassment.
Whether you are a chronic procrastinator or an occasional one, there is always room for improvement. Following are a few examples of ways in which you can keep procrastination at bay:
1. Make a list - This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid procrastinating. It is helpful if one lists down all the necessary things that need to be done. Having a visual reminder of tasks and goals can increase motivation to accomplish them at the earliest.
2. Set a deadline - Time management is the most important aspect of avoiding procrastination. For every task that you set yourself, chalk out a time frame within which it must be completed so that no time is wasted.
3. Fragment your goals - Consider breaking your tasks into a set of mini-tasks and tackling each of those at a time instead of trying to accomplish the entire thing at one go. The larger the task, the more overwhelming it appears. Mini-tasks are easier to complete and hence this method can help in the prevention of procrastination.
4. Reward yourself - Devising a reward system that lets you celebrate accomplishments can act as a boost to morale and provide motivation for working consistently. Treat yourself after every achievement as a prize for all your efforts.
5. Eliminate all distractions - There will always be distractions all around that keep you from focusing on your goals. These add to the tendency to procrastinate and must be identified, and removed from the environment in which you are required to work.
6. Start right away - As the saying goes, there's no time like the present. Taking immediate action is the only real way to avoid procrastination. Identify your goals and get started on them at the earliest in order to achieve the fruits of your labor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.