Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Chitrangi Sanghvi
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Chitrangi SanghviYour feedback matters!
Sir actually my dad have problem (Age 52, can you give me a suggestions. My dad got neuro surgery (brain burr hole) before one month, now he is stable but he is lost memory, doctors told it will be take time, its a correct. And we are taking regular physiotherapy, he got right side hemi paralysis.
My nature is very angry every time I am in angry and sometimes I got suddenly angrily I can't control my anger what should I do? I never take medicine for that problem.
Dr. , My wife has something really wrong problem. I dnt knw whether it is for pleasure, fantasy etc . The problem is - She is not interested in sex (special when at home). But very interested at weird public places. Eg: at bus she is so interested . Most weird thing is that her most interested place is at cinema theatre . She like to have sex with me at theatre . (But not interested at home) . She likes to get exposed . She is saying that it will make her so horny. She likes to have Sex with me only if someone must stare on us . She told me that she like that very much. But if when we are alone at room, home she not at all like to have sex with me ! What's going on Doctor ? What's her problem ? Any sexual disorder or what ? I'm cmpltly confused and out of mind . please help.
In the morning when I wake up and stand from my bad. At that time in my head I feel that some water is moving and so I feel some stress. And so I have to immediately sit down or sleep again. Why this thing is happen and what is the remedy. Guide me. Thanks.
I am patient of depression and now I am having allergy In my body by medicine of depression. My skin become black where allergy occurs. Please answer what should I do.
I have problem in my testis it's paining. And also have increased in size. I'm not feeling well and much stressed about it. And also shying to share it with anyone. What should I do?
Respected sir I am suffering form ibs since 5 year and I can not sleep without following medicine 1) depran 10 & 2) taxidop 0. 25 at night. I want to reduce sleeping pills at any how but I cannot success. I am facing so many financial problem since 3 year. I loose my confidence and remain in sadness. Even though I can fight with routine problem, but my inner consciousness droop me and give me deep sadness. Please suggest me some medicine which pull me out from this situation and after proper recovery my self will never habitual with all the medicine. I will never forget your valuable consulting.
Hi I am From Maharashtra I am 34 years old and I cant control my emotion. This problem is from childhood. If I watch the move and if there is some emotional seen My eyes start tear. Also If I chat to elder Person Who is on better post or famous person that time also my eyes get full of tear. So what is the reason. And how I can come over it. I am a healthy person and I do daily exercise.
I want tips to control my anger and want to learn how to be calm in situations where I have to wait.
Jolivel 50 contain opipramol 50. I take by neurologist. My symptom is confusion. Dizziness. Stomach upset. Constipation. Fear. Fast heart rate. Doctor give me jolivel 50 .he said that I am suffering with anxiety. He told me that this antidepressant medicine start working in 6 to 8 weeks of treatment. Ibs is also related to anxiety. So please tell me that I'm on 3 weeks of medicine. What is the dite for this. I drink tea that cause acidity. Fried chicken also cause acidity. What food I take and how much time taken to recover fully with anxiety disorder. PLEASE TELL ME.
Mere hubby ka affair hey or mjhe bolte he me sirf time pass kerta hu hm dono me bht jhagre hote hey vo kuwait me rehte hey hmesha online rehte hey or uski sister ki baat hi mante he mere pass twins hey do lerkey me india me rehti hu hm dono me bht jhagre hote he uski sister kerwati hey me bht tention me rehti hu me divorce chahti hu lekin meri mmy ki death ho chuki hey mere papa ki financial condition thik nhi hey kuch smjh me nhi ata divorce lu ya nhi plzz docter help me me bht bimar rehti hu me kya kru please help me.
I am a diabetic for last 40 years DM type 2 and HTN patient and suffering from multiple ailments including psychiatric problem from last 35 years at present on medication and suffering from anxiety depression with anger etc have started consuming whisky a peg in evening and I am a smoker for last 50 years and squamous cell carcinoma oral at present carcinoma is in remission no abnormal uptake detected suffering from enlarged prostate gland and diabetic neuropathy. Please suggest what should I do now. Thanks.
I have a bad stress after workout in gym and my all day go such as hell help me to get out stress can you guide?
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir 2 days ago my cousin sisters was here with me then she went at her home. I am very close to her. After she went then my mind is constantly thinking about them only. Then after few time that day when I thought about her my breath increases slightly and mainly there is a heaviness or something strange in my below breast bone like in chest or heart region. Whenever I think more about all this theres more discomfort to me. I'm not able to concentrate properly and think properly. Its happening since 2 day's. And when this kind of think happens and then I take a long breath this it is decreased by afterwards it comes back. Sir please help. I have noticed that whenever I think about her this happens. I try to avoid thinking but it always happens opposite. please help sir.
His nature is like that he doesn't like anyone questioning him or asking him about his life. Where he is going with whom n all. Still I don't ask him much bcos he don't like but then too caring purpose I feel like to ask him. Even when we are in the bedroom he is all the time being busy with watching tv, chatting on Wattsup with anybody, calling n trying to make his schedule busy, and iPad chatting on fb with other girls. Three to four times he is going to toilet and taking iPad inside and chatting with all those girls. Many time I have entered in the toilet I can't smell dirty inside means he didn't do anything except chatting. Weekdays he is busy with his new upcoming project and weekends he is going to Pune for Pune projects but there he do partying and calls for other girls and entertainment. When I ask him can we go for a weekend somewhere he is saying yes will go but the day n time never comes. It's more than 1 and half years but he is not interested to take me anywhere. I said I need a break n asking you since so long. He send me Singapore last month for a week with his brother n I was not ready to go but he go so much higher, bcos of scared I went but there too he was in my mind n keep thinking what he is doing what n with whom mall, after coming I came to know he stayed 4 days in the hotel intact we r having our own house thn too he stayed out. N he started drinking a lot till early morning. Worried about his health. All his friends n chances are with him only for money nothing else. No one is bother to care for him. I do but he wants to stay away from me. I'm really in depression and want to quit his drinking habits and cut of his all mean friends n chamchas. I want him to save money and make a proper house so we can start our family. I want to have my own family husband n our angel, but now he is saying we shouldn't have a baby bcos I'm now 35 years n he is 55 yrs. Whole life he wants to do party and wasting money. His Pune friends group are drug addiction and now he also started taking that from last more than two months. Others are spoiling him n ruining our love life. He is so much addicted to body massage at cheap place which is known as wrong way. I told him but he is not ready to understand all these n in return he is getting angry on me. I really can't leave without him and love is my weakness n Bcos so of love I'm facing n baring everything. He hurts me a lot n don't even try to understand me to keep me happy. He is not ready go out with me for shopping or dinner or anything specially. Earlier he use to take me out n keep me happy at least for few hours in a week. Now to it's more than 4 months n he is fully changed. On valentines also I use to spend time now he avoids me n purposely making trips n work Schedule n he leaves me alone. I can't tell all these to mummy also else she will be very upset that my daughter is not happy n all. Please me n give me the way.
Concentration depends upon the ability to focus. Concentration is basically concerned with disciplining your mind to improve focus. However, your mind will tend to resist your efforts as it loves its own freedom. By practicing 10 to 15 minutes of exercises to improve concentration on a daily basis, you will be able to train and discipline your mind, and hence improve your concentration.
Before proceeding to do these exercises, there is a need to set the mood for it. First of all, you will have to find a place where you can be alone without any disturbance. You can sit cross legged on the floor or on a chair with your spine erect. Take a few deep breaths and then relax your body to direct your attention to it. To start off, you can practice these exercises for 10 minutes and then lengthen the time to 15 minutes after a few weeks of training.
- Exercise 1: Take a book or a magazine and count the number of words in a single paragraph. Count them again to ensure that you have counted correctly. You can start off with one paragraph and as you get used to it, move on to counting words in two paragraphs. Then move on to counting words on the whole page. Make sure that you perform the counting mentally and only with your eyes without pointing your finger at each word. This is one of the simplest brain exercises to improve concentration.
- Exercise 2: Another exercise to increase concentration is count backwards in your mind from hundred to one. Once you have mastered this, move on to counting backwards from hundred to one but this time skipping three numbers such as 100, 97, 94, 91, 88 etc.
- Exercise 3: Select an inspiring word or just a simple sound and think about it in your mind, repeating it in your mind for 5 minutes. Once your mind has begun to concentrate on it easily, move on to 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration.
Care to share.