Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Chitrangi Sanghvi
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Chitrangi SanghviYour feedback matters!
I am a college student. I have recently developed an urge for smoking. I smoke 4 cigarettes a day. But the fact is I still have control over myself and I want to discontinue it. Little bit of guidance and suggestion would surely benefit me to quit smoking now as I believe in the latter stages it's might turn into dire consequences if I keep smoking. Please help.
My mother is suffering from schizophrenia for 3 years I gave medicine through food till 1 year ago. Now she does not take medicine in any form. What am I do?
I think I have panic disorder What should I do? I generally get nervous or start shaking when I have to confront my teachers or simply to have a chat with some whom I dnt knw very well or some one with authority. I can not keep my composure. And my hand start shaking and my face turns red Give advice?
Hi, I am having depression and I am taking stablon tab at bedtime for a period of one month n prodep 20 mg in morning n after that mydoctor advice me to stop stablon n start tryptomer 10 mg at bed time from then I feel sleepy n severe headache whole day n during this period I again start depression like feeling n weakness.
I am suffering from depression since 8 years. Now a days I am better. But I have mild depression. I am a patient of panic disorder. I take arpizol from the beginning. Now what should I do?
I have been drinking alcohol regularly and now I am in no position that I can skip it even for a day. Yesterday for some reason I had taken it on less amount than I take usually and I was unable to sleep the whole night .and I was getting tremors I was feeling my heart beating very fast. I have been drinking from the last. 7 years .I can't a night in which I could go away without drinking .I really want to move on but this habit has really taken a toll on me.
I have been suffering with migraine, ibs since 10 years gb removed 2 years back. Having anxiety tension depression used lot etizolam, escloparam,fuluxetein, dipolarex,amitriptyline, clonazepam etc now my doctor prescribed tryptomer 25 mg to 10 mg lonazep 0.25.my migraine ibs was better now. Using librax, pantocid l as well. But my anxiety was too high can't control help me with any suggestion pls.
My mind is not working properly in study ,the learning capacity is also decreased than before, what I do?
I am 49 years old and feel very depressing from my life. I am always want to weep. I acn not help my self for me. Some times I want to suicide. I know that is not solution but I feel helpless.
Sibling Rivalries develop when parents do not give equal importance to their children; they may unconsciously create competition and comparison between their own children that may, later on, result in major differences amongst them. It is the duty of the parents to teach their kids how to respectfully handle interpersonal relationship amongst siblings. Just like every problem has a solution so the sibling relation can also be enhanced through communication along with various ways being used by parents:
- Parents themselves should stop making comparisons between their children. They have to highlight the strengths of each child and accept their weaknesses without any criticism. They should not play the card of favouritism or take sides.
- Parents should spend individual attention to each child, by spending one to one time with each child and ask them about their personal likes and dislikes to make a special bond with the child. They can further guide them to describe the positive qualities of their siblings during a few of the interactions.
- Whenever possible, let them settle their own differences and if required the parents should sit and resolve the differences between the siblings, especially in a contest of inequality in terms of strengths and eloquence.
- Parents should never dismiss or suppress your children’s resentment or angry feelings. They should acknowledge and let the child guide how to ventilate that energy constructively.
- Make the older sibling feel important, and especially teach them the concept of sharing.
- Parents, first themselves need to express self-control and then help the child learn the same. Parents should focus more on the positive qualities of the child and appreciate for the same.
- Parents should boost the self-esteem of their child, avoid the use of sarcasm and demotivation by all means. Parents should not label one child as intelligent and other as dull, one as slow/stupid and the other as street smart.
- Parents should work as a team, and not as an individual. Parents should teach each kid to be responsible for their conduct and actions, and privileges come along with responsibilities.
- Parents should introduce the concept of empathy to their kids, in order to make them aware of the impacts of their own behaviours towards others.
- Parents should also teach their kids to be gender sensitive, and give respect to each other beyond that.
- Parents should teach their kids to set their limits; they are additionally required to teach their children to respect each other irrespective of the age, avoidance of physical as well as verbal abuse.
- When sibling rivalry becomes excessive in the form of physical or verbal violence parents should take the stand against the bully and if required take the help of a professional family counsellor.
Last but not the least, we all should work together in changing the perception of the society, believing in an equivalent treatment to both the kids, additionally, providing them with a fair share with their rights and make sure that they understand that in spite of differences between the siblings, this relationship is forever.