Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Ripan SippyYour feedback matters!
I love my wife and care for her. We have a 17 month old son who is well taken care of by her. We live in a joint family. My wife is given to occasional anger episodes where she uses abusive language, blackmail and threats of hurting herself. This is usually after she has had a verbal argument with any woman of the family. I know she loves me and takes care of me a lot but during her anger episodes she thinks I don't love her or don't take her side in an argument with someone else. During those episodes of anger she will not listen to anyone and the more I talk to her the situation gets worse. She recently (1 month ago) had her gallbladder removed because of gallstone pain. Sometimes she does not even remember the things she said during her anger episodes. She sometimes thinks no one loves our child or he is subjected to partiality. Our baby is still on breastfeed. What should I do?
Hi, I am feeling depressed. I'm a student. I'm not able give time for me and people and my studies. Even though I study I don't remember. Give me solution to manage time and studies and people.
What is chromophobia? How many of world population is suffering from this one? Is this genetically happen?
Sir I am 14 years 9 month old boy and I does not able to understand mathematics. My mind not able to understand. All Teacher are fed up not want to study me and I have not interested in any work. What I do. So please suggest any kind of medicine.
Depression is one of the complex physical and psychological disorders. The disease is characterized by loss of pleasure or interest, sadness, feelings of guilt, low self worth, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor concentration and feelings of tiredness. The common effect of this condition is leads to the decreased activity level in some parts of the brain. The disease is a mild one that causes little annoyance in daily life. But the extreme stages may lead to severe effects where the affected person may fail to participate in their social life. In rare cases severity of suicide is even possible.
Depression is diagnosed by these symptoms:
- Lack of interest or joy in activities
- Sadness or low mood levels
- Feel of guilt without any reason
- Inferiority thoughts
- Slow thought process
- Slow in interpreting sensorial stimuli
- Slow physical reactions
- Slow physical processes or digestion.
Types of depression
It can be either be a single disease or the effect of other diseases. It can also be due to two or more factors. Based on the cause the disease, it has been divided into six types, which are
- Reactive depression: Caused due to psychological struggle and stress.
- Endogenous depression: Caused due to strain or lack of rest.
- Depression by physical disease: This is caused due to any physical disease such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, cushing’s syndrome, mononucleosis, hypothyroidism neurotransmitters in the brain etc.
- Depressive consequence of unsound lifestyle: This is caused due to less exercise, too much alcohol, coffee or tea consumption, least intake of necessary nutrients, too much sugar intake and fat.
- Postnatal depression: This happens mostly in women after pregnancy and child birth.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This happen due to cold and dark seasons of the year. The lack of light is the factor for causing depression as well.
Treatment of depression
Best way to treat depression is through Psychotherapy, also anti - depression medicines are usually prescribed to treat the effects of depression. But the intake of these types of medicines result in nervous disorder. However, the best way to treat is through environmental changes and positive and happy surrounds to the affected person along with psychological counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
approached Clove Dental for complaint of toothache in 4, 5 on the upper right teeth. They suggested RCT in both which has been done 4 times in each tooth. Now with and without the caps, the pain has increased. After so much efforts to continuously inform my increasing discomfort to Clove, they have asked me to get the CBCT done of the RCT treated teeth. Is it advisable n clinically necessary? Please do note that any x-rays or clinical history is unavailable as it was done at a private clinic. Also, the consultations undertaken were with the private practising Dentists, hence no documentation is available. I in no way want to retry RCT again for this teeth. It has repeatedly failed and added lots of unwanted harassment and increased discomfort and stress levels. Is CBCT required and clinically needed for further diagnosis?
How to be a winner in life
1. Know what you want to get out of life … as you won’t reach your goals if you don’t where you’re going.
2. Make a list of all things that you’re grateful for … as it will change your attitude, your feelings and your mood.
3. Count to 10 before responding (or even worse, reacting) … as you don’t want to live with a series of regrets.
4. Track your progress so you know how you’re doing on your journey, and can make adjustments if you find you get off course.
5. Take care of yourself or you’ll end up burnt out – and you’ll lose the motivation to try, and persevere.
Obsessive compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which an individual suffers from an unwanted repetitive thoughts and behaviour. They experiences obsessions - repetitive intrusive thoughts ideas or images which are unable to stop or control. It occurs in a spectrum from mild to severe if left untreated in severe cases it can destroy a person's capacity to function at work school or even at home.
Treatment: medications to control execessive thought process and psychotherapy is used frequently. Another popular therapy used is co ognitive behaviour therapy which is decided by psychistrists or clinical psychologists. A specific therapy approach called emdr (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) is effective for many people suffering with ocd.