Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Mr. R S GuptaYour feedback matters!
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am masturbating from past 10 years and now my sperm comes too low ,does it mean my sperm is finished and dies it effect my fertility any treatment for this.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am not able to sleep for last couple of days due to high acidity. I have also tried many medicines but there is no relief. Now what should I do?
I am having flu from 3 days and dry throats too. I have visited doctors but his tablets are not giving satisfied result.
How to control my uric acid level? I am also 40 years old diabetic patient? Also tell what vegetables and fruits are not good for uric acid.
Sir/ Madam Mera penis tedha ho gya h. Or size bhi chhota h or sperm bhi ptla h. M kya kru. Plss kuch ilaj btaiye. Thanx.
I'm suffering from severe gastric issue. Pain has reached till the chest and even there is a sign of constipation. Kindly advice what all medication and precaution needs to be taken.
Your diet plays very important role to cure acne/pimples. There are many other factors also, which are responsible for the growth of acne but the major one is your diet. Treatment of acne by cream, gel or ointment is not enough. They only suppress the action of the sebaceous (fat) glands temporarily. You can cure acne for a lifetime with proper diet and water intake.
Acne is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous (that is fat) glands and hair follicles usually found on the face. Acne is characterized by the presence of blackheads, pimples, small superficial sebaceous cysts and scars.
To prevent pimples, eating fresh fruits, green vegetables, drinking plenty of water should be an essential part of your routine and intake of oily fried foods, an excess of sugar-salt should be avoided. To begin with-
- Take fruit diet once in a week, which consist of fresh juice, fruits, coconut water and vegetable (green leafy).
- Warm water enema should be taken daily to clean the bowels and constipation.
- Take a balanced diet with an alkaline base, which consists of sprouted cereals, whole grain cereals and vegetables.
- Vitamin a, e and b can be used to treat acne.
- Green tea and walnuts help to keep your skin pimple free.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day is good for emission of toxin from the body.
- Always try to include low-fat dairy products in your meal. These are a good source of vitamin a.
Some natural remedies to get rid of pimples:-
- Apply hot fomentation to open up skin pores and then rinse skin with cold water.
- Sun and air baths by exposing the whole body to sun and air are highly beneficial.
- A hot Epsom salt bath twice in a week will be highly beneficial in all cases of acne.
- Healing packs made of grated cucumber, oatmeal (cooked), carrot and lemon juice is effective for acne.