Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. R.K.GUPTAYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old suffering from general anxiety disorder and IBS. Doctor give me daxid 50 mg .in first week to much improvement. Then I take start alcohol 6 peg daily after several days the symptoms come back why. Alcohol cause anxiety.
I am well prepared for exam but when I sit to write the exam I forget what I have learnt and can't produce I the exam. So what is the solution that I can produce what I have learnt.
My mom always thinks about negative things that was happen in there past. He harassment some type of environment in their past about his another son. Her another son has some mental problems and always takes money from her 200 Rs. Per day by shouting very loudly. He also gives bad language or threatening her (I will kill my self). So my mother sometime think about that environment and wake up at night automatically. So what should see or I do?
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this. Should I go for mri of brain and citiscan maybe blood is not circulating in brain properly in anxiety. Ans in anxiety head some parts bcum numb. Please suggest.
Suffering from agoraphobia panic attack anxiety pls help me best treatment and medicine m 23 unmarried boy.
I am 19 years old male. And I have a lot of problem like headache, lack of sleep and many tension. Pls help me to relax my mind.
Do you have an overstressing nature? Do you have to deal with so many things in life that it leaves you overwhelmed and stressed out? Do you want to control this nature of yours so that you can get a better grip on your life? In today’s fast paced society and modern lifestyle, there are too many things which can make you feel overwhelmed. There are several ways, following which you can change your overwhelming nature and be at peace. The most important ones are as follows:
- Step out: If you are trapped in a place of overwhelming confusion, you can never get away from feeling overwhelmed. You need to step away and leave such situations and places in order to see your circumstances from a different and fresh perspective. You should do things like moving to a different room, going out for a walk, or stepping out from a certain conflict. This enables you to shift away from the situation you are in.
- Analyze what is important: When you are feeling overwhelmed, your mind becomes clouded by the work at hand, and by thoughts. This is what causes you stress. You have to think what the most important thing for you is while stepping out from an overwhelming situation. It is important for you to know how you want to feel. Focus on important things and the things which really concern you, instead of the overwhelming preoccupation.
- Avoid juggling thoughts: Usually, a lot of things go on inside your head when you are overwhelmed. Different thoughts, ideas, and perceptions clamp up in your mind, cluttering your mental space. You need to get rid of these thoughts for controlling your overwhelming nature. You can try writing down all these thoughts. This is an effective way of sorting your things out.
- Giving up control: It is important for you to realize that you cannot do everything just by yourself. There are many tasks which are doable alone, but it adds to your stress and triggers your overwhelming nature. You may think that you are not dependent on anyone and can manage everything yourself, but sometimes you should stop doing everything and focus only on the parts you enjoy. By taking assistance of others, you will be able to reduce your load, and concentrate on the things you love.
- Asking for help: You should start taking other people’s help instead of being too much self dependent. There are many people in the world who want to help, and by accepting it, you will only feel good in the end.
Another important thing to do for controlling over overstressing nature is to shut all noise which gets in the way of your peace. You should take a break to relax your mind in the most ideal way you like.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Every packet of cigarette comes with the warning 'Smoking is injurious to health'. With every national budget plan, the prices of nicotine based additives are hiked. Yet, you cannot quit smoking because you find it extremely difficult to resist the nicotine urge. Ayurveda says that the root cause of addiction is mental stress due to one of the 3 Doshas that are Vata, Pitta, Kapha. People try to terminate them through temporary, addictive methods rather than a bit more natural, holistic methods. Here's how it can be easier for you to quit smoking by adopting Ayurvedic remedies.
- Drink adequate amount of water, especially from a copper vessel. This helps to accumulate the wastes and release them.
- Perform the Neti Kriya (inhaling saline water through one nostril and releasing it through the other and then reversing the procedure).
- Performing the Bhastrika Pranayama twice every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Consume 3 tablets or 1 teaspoon of triphala everyday before going to bed, to eliminate the deposited nicotine tar in your system.
- Consumption of a measured mixture of ashwagandha, bala, shatavari and ginseng every day, or a chyawanprash containing these help in detoxification.
Changes in diet:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other addictive drugs, such as coffee, sugar, etc. because they increase the urge to smoke.
- Decrease intake of fatty foods because your metabolism rate is lower than at most other times, so you might risk gaining weight during this period.
- Try a vegetarian diet because it increases the Sattvik quality of your mind. Every fresh food item contains prana or life which rejuvenates both your body and mind.
- Chew anti-nicotine gums or suck on cinnamon sticks which curb your urge to smoke.
- Keep eating low-calorie food items like carrots, apples or celery.
- Incorporating regular exercise in your routine may help you to quit smoking more easily. It controls weight gain, which is a side-effect of quitting, and also offers you a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating and doing yoga regularly helps in relaxing your mind. Yogic postures like Sabasan help attain internal peace and divert your mind from craving to smoke.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways like taking help from a professional ayurvedic counselor, which will help you quit smoking, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family, will keep your mind diverted from the stress of quitting.
M going through stress due to a new project abd mild depression as suggested by psychiatrist. He has advise to take flunil-10, fluanxol0. 5, zapiz 0.25, plse advise on medication m also having high bp which general physician as advised medicine. After first counselling with physiatrist I hvent felt good abd seems it was too time bound and effective solution was not suggested. Not aure on medication provided or should I continue with the counselling. Plse advise.
What the symptom for zika virus & how to overcome it? Some few days onwards I feel very mental depression please help me.
Repeated occurrence of sleeping problems is a hidden mental health problem! #sleepmedicine #soundsleep
Insomnia or simply difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep has become a common complaint in today's fast paced life. But do you know that sleeping difficulties persisting beyond 2 weeks or more are warning sign of deteriorating mental health?
So, if you or any of your loved ones is battling with symptoms like difficulty falling asleep (needing 1 hour or more), repeated awakening with subsequent difficulties falling asleep and early morning awakening (waking up 2 hours or earlier than scheduled time with subsequent inability to go back to bed. Then now is the time to seek the help of a psychiatrist!