Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Naveen SolankiYour feedback matters!
How much the limit of drinking water in this summer for me? I'm age of 15 years old. I drink water everyday 1.5-2.0 liter, that's enough?
Hello sir, I have cough and cold from last 3 days and my full body is paining. Please tell me what should I do?
Healthy diet too get free from piece. And from his symptoms . What should I for good and healthy body and good supplements and proteins and healthy suggestion.
I used to have common cold from long time. Though I have taken medicine cetriliv but relief for some days. If I used have cold things than again it happen.
Is eating dinner with sabji & roti necessary? If we eat some rusks with milk, will that suffice. What are the negative of having light dinner?
My body get affected by cold often (often means once in two months) is there any problem in my body or I don't have enough supplement.
I am Suffering from chicken pox and fully itchy and also severe fever what can I do need a reply as soon as possible I am waiting.
I m 20 year old male. And I have a problem in my nose. Because I am suffering cold and very quickly influence with dust. What I do?
Hello sir I want 2 ask a simple question about my diet plan what is good or not for my health its is very important for me?
Hi. I'm 33 years old man. From past 15 days suffering from lack of hunger. Today I went for sgpt test. It is 89. What can I do now ?
If one cup of green tea is to be made then how much of green tea would we take. Cud a pregnant woman take green tea as many green tea selling brand does not show if their products contain caffeine or not as it cud bring miscarriages. please enlighten me.
I get cold squeeze every morning when I woke up and open my eyes. I get it in morning only then whole day am normal. I took many medicines but its not getting any effect on my problem. Its been more then a year m suffering from this. What should I do?
Constipation causes a lot of discomfort to children. A lot of factors are responsible for constipation among children.
Some of them are:
- Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
- Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
- Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
Treatment for constipation in children:
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar. The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
- Dietary Adjustment - Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.
- Stool softeners and laxatives - The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.