Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Naveen SolankiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 18 years old. I have fever since yesterday and cold also. My nose is totally watered and headache also occur.
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Many adults who get hepatitis B have mild symptoms for a short time and then get better on their own. But some people are not able to clear the virus from the body, which causes a long-term infection. Nearly 90% of infants who get the virus will carry it for life. Over time, hepatitis B can lead to serious problems, such as liver damage, liver failure, and liver cancer.
Hello my name is usha Agrawal I want to ask you that I have fever and cold problems in winter how can I overcomes these problems.
Hi Doctor, I'm a bodybuilder. I'm having protein powder. Its whey protein gold standard. Its from Australia. My uncle suggested it Because he is using it. So how can I diet Dr. What should I eat pre workout and post workout. And for my breakfasts also. Please suggest me.
I often have cough n cold n close nose. I have taken d tablets Himalaya septilin. Can I get a permanent cure?
Having a kinnow a day will energize your body. Owing to the huge amounts of carbohydrates present in the fruit including glucose, fructose, and sucrose, it proves to be one of the best sources of energy in winters.
Kinnow acts as an effective medicine for stomach health problems. It helps in kick starting the metabolism and keeping one healthy for a long time. For those recuperating from illness, the fruit acts as an energizer.
One of the best qualities about Kinnow is that it absorbs into stomach and aids in digestion without placing any burden or load on the stomach. Those with weak stomach are recommended to take kinnow juice instead of milk.
Since Kinnow is rich in mineral salts, it helps in alleviating acidity. The fruit is very helpful for those leading sedentary lifestyle.
Kinnow is helpful in reducing sluggishness of intestines resulting from intake of junk and various sub-standard foods. It helps relieve chronic constipation.
Kinnow is known as one of the best anti-poison medicine. The juice is when prepared with clean distilled water enhances appetite and pancreas functions. It expedites the process of elimination of harmful toxic elements from the body and keeps it healthy always.
With so many benefits of consuming Kinnow fruit, it is start adding these to the daily dietary routine. The citrus fruit rich in vital minerals and vitamins keep you fit and healthy. It is also good for skin health.
I haven't been able to sleep since 10 days due to severe headache. And only getting relief from saridon tablet. What can be the reason for this issue. Tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Sir mera beta 5 years ka hai. Usko bhut jald jukam ho jata hai, phle nose sote time block ho jati hai, jiski wajah se usko sone me problem hoti hai, phir 1_2 din baad se uske bulgum ban jata hai jo garha pila hota hai, chest me jam jata hai, phir uski saans fulne lagti hai, fir mai pediatric ke paas le jata hu, 10_15 din me thik ho jata hai. Yeh bhu jaldi_2 hota hai sir mai thak gya hu pls koi permanent ilaj homya ya ayurvedic batai. Is time phir mera beta is problem se suffer kar rha hai. Thank you. Bete ka wight 18 kg k near about hai.
Which is the best snack other than the biscuit? Is fruit good? It also has sugar but good Fibre. What should be had with tea in the morning?
Either of my Nostrils gets blocked due to damn cold weather where I live in, am I infected to Sinusitis or any kind of Infection.
Hello sir, I am suffering from cold 5 days and also suffered from fever. What kind of precautions? Please help me.
I am a women aged 27 years leading a sedentary life. Over the last 4 year I have gained 7 kg. My height is 159 cm and my weight is 63.5 kg. Please suggest me a good diet. I am a non vegetarian.
Berries are known to be extremely beneficial to health, and the strawberries, given their wide availability are more popular, especially in the Asian region. Whether as a raw fruit or in a salad, as a smoothie or an ice-cream, strawberries are liked by different people in different forms.
Read on to know some of the common benefits of these wonderful berries.
- Boost immunity: Rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, strawberries boost immunity significantly. A cup of strawberries is enough to get a complete day’s requirements of vitamin C.
- Controlled inflammation: The antioxidants and phytochemicals lower the ability of blood to develop higher cholesterol levels. They help reduce levels of C-reactive protein in the body system, which also controls inflammation. The risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke is reduced significantly.
- Digestive system: Given their high fibre content, it helps eat less and with reduced calories. It also promotes bowel movement and reduces intestinal inflammation. It also contains nitrate which improves blood flow and helps cleanse the system.
- Antihypertensive: Strawberries are rich in potassium, and this is highly beneficial in controlling blood pressure. Potassium and sodium act conversely, and by increasing potassium, sodium is reduced, which helps lower blood pressure.
- Controls cholesterol: The Ellagic acid and flavonoids are known to reduce low-density lipoprotein or LDL, which is harmful to the heart and overall health. They also reduce oxidative damage, which is a result of chronic inflammation leading to heart disease.
- Anti-aging properties: The biotin in the strawberries also improve skin and hair quality and also promotes tissue regeneration. They promote collagen formation, which reduces wrinkles and improve skin tone and texture. Vitamin C and A are also responsible for its antiaging benefits.
- Stress management: The antioxidants, improved immunity, and reduced inflammation also lead to improved stress management.
- Heart health: The colour of the strawberries comes from flavonoids, which are the main reason for their heart health.
- Eye health: Strawberries have been shown to improve eye health by reducing incidents of cataracts, reduces the degree of macular degeneration, and reduces damage from sun exposure. The vitamin C also strengthens the eyes lens and retina, further contributing to eye health.
- Anti-cancer agent: Strawberries are specifically shown to reduce the incidence of esophageal cancer with their rich content of flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamin C, and most importantly ellagic acid. These suppress cancer cell growth and reduce free radicals in circulation thereby providing protection against cancer.
- Weight management: Not just for people who want to lose weight, but even on a preventive measure, strawberries are good for weight maintenance. Those who want to prevent heart disease and diabetes should help themselves to strawberries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Just wanted to know how good is having dates mixed with milk and having it on both morning and night. What are all the health benefits on it.
Since I always have bloated and very tight stomach, is it ok fir me to drink milk (especially cold coffee) or shud I avoid it in any form. And what about giving lassi coz I like it n is it beneficial in anyway since I have muscular dystrophy , I need some strengthening for my muscles n bones.
I am suffering from cold from past 15 days, I use two types of medicine, but still I am suffering. Please refer a good medicine. Thanks.
Ever wonder how the dishes you order are served within minutes? most of the hotels keep the food half cooked ready and store it with some chemical stabilizers. On order they re-cook it quickly and serve. The canned food is another option they use. Most of the vegetables are stored in a can by using chemicals. That's why they can serve any vegetable even in odd season. Butter, cheese, oils are stored by adding chemicals. So whenever you consume canned food, you eat chemicals, some of which are potentially toxic also.
Best thing is to eat freshly cooked food without using any chemicals. Avoid hotel food, bakery food or ready cooked food. Preservatives are bad for your health.
9 health benefits of radish:
1. Radish can be helpful in treating cancers:
Radishes are known to fight oral, stomach, intestinal, colon and kidney cancers. They are rich in vitamin c, anthocyanins and folic which help in treating cancers. Also, they are rich in antioxidants and isothiocyanates which make the cancerous cells die and stop their multiplication. Radishes can treat as well as prevent this deadly disease.
2. Radish improves urinary issues:
Radishes are known for its high water content. And this makes them great for correcting disorders in urination. A disorder like burning sensation during urination can be treated with radish juices. Its water content cleanses the entire urinary system as well as the kidneys, improving urine excretion.
3. Radish improves hypertension:
The leaves of radishes are rich sources of potassium while having low levels of sodium. This makes them amazing for controlling the high blood pressure levels.
4. Radish benefits during constipation:
Besides being helpful in treating urinary issues, radishes can be helpful in constipation too. Since it has fiber content, it helps in digestion of food effectively and also improves the excretion process. Moreover, its high water content helps in the secretion of different digestive juices and makes the elimination of wastes from the body, easier.
5. Radish benefits the respiratory system:
If you are asthmatic or having sinus issues, including radishes in your diet can help. Radishes are well known to be effective in clearing mucous from the respiratory tracts and hence helps in overcoming breathing issues as in asthma. Radishes are known to provide protection to the inner lining of the respiratory organs, preventing it from allergies and respiratory infections.
6. Radish juices benefit thyroid patients:
Radish juices are found to have a sulfur component raphanin. This component keeps a balance in the production of the hormones thyroxine and calcitonin. This balance improves the hypothyroid conditions.
7. Radish benefits weight loss:
Yes, one of the benefits of radishes is that it promotes weight loss. How? a) radishes have low gi: low gi foods keep a control on the blood sugar level. This, in turn, keeps the insulin level balanced in the blood which is necessary for proper fat burning. Hence having radishes can help in weight loss. B) the fiber content: as mentioned earlier, radishes have high fiber content. Fiber makes you feel full for a long time, hence it will make you less hungry and prevent you from eating more. C) have low calories: if you look at the nutritional facts about radishes, you will know that they are low in calories. Hence, eating them won’t make you gain more calories and at the same time can prevent your hunger pangs. All the above three points can be helpful in losing weight. Hence, replacing many of your unhealthy snacks with a radish salad or soup can actually help your diet for weight loss.
8. Radish benefits diabetic patients:
Although research has been limited to humans, radish has shown sugar lowering signs when tested on diabetic rats. Moreover, they are low on carbs and gi, which is a good factor for them to be included in diets for diabetic patients.
9. Radish benefits skin:
Radishes provide hydration to the skin cells which make them keep the skin hydrated. Also, radishes are found with components like vitamins, phosphorous, zinc that keep the skin healthy. Raw grated radishes can be applied as face packs to fight problems like rashes, dry skin etc.