Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Naveen SolankiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sneezing, headache due to nasal pollip for 15 years. I am 40 years old. I request you to suggest home medicine.
I am 26 year old male, I am suffering from swelling of tonsil below my tongue and also suffering from cold. I am feeling very uneasy while talking, eating or drinking. Please suggest the treatment and medicine for quick relief ?
I have a running nose for last 2 days what a solution to stop and cure cold immediately without side effect.
What measures should be taken to prevent chicken pox And if a person has once got infected with chicken pox would he get infected again.
Is it possible to get chickenpox more than once in a lifetime, or the body develops immunity against it once we get it?
Hii I want to know the advantages or disadvantages of flax seed in human body. Also want to know the schedule of it and how to take.
I am suffering from cold. Specially in the morning when I woke up. Whole day it becomes normal. What should I do?
Is red bull energy drink is suitable to take? I am 18 years old and I always in my home and studying for school.
Health benefits of CHICKPEAS:
1. Control hunger
2. Reduce Cholesterol
3. Rich source of soluble fibre
4. Improve women's health
5. Control diabetes
6. Boost immune system
7. Help in good sleep
For cooking is vegetable oil good for us, is there no harm in cooking food in vegetable oil as compare to refined. Which one is better vegetable oil or refined like saffola. Please explain in detail and why.
Fast foods are quick and easy substitutes for home cooking. But fast foods are almost always high in calories, fat, sugar, and salt.
Some restaurants still use hydrogenated vegetable oils for frying. These oils contain trans fats. These fats increase your risk for heart disease. Some cities have banned or are trying to ban the use of these fats.
Now, many restaurants are preparing foods using other types of fat. Some offer low-calorie choices instead.
Even with these changes, it is hard to eat healthy when you eat out often. Many foods are still cooked with a lot of fat. Many restaurants do not offer any lower-fat foods. Large portions also make it easy to overeat
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
Hi Doctor, I am a software engineer I travel a lot on business needs, when I am away from home I am facing a lot of trouble when it comes to breakfast options, especially when I am abroad. Please suggest Simple breakfast options which can be taken "with out cooking"?
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.