Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
I am 55 and having high sugar especially in the morning (fasting) ranging from 110 to 140. I have been given Januvia medicine od for the last 7 days but sugar level has merely affected. During the day the sugar level is normal ie upto 140-145. Earlier I had taken Glyciphage tablet OD for a period of few months but sugar level remained more or less same. Pl. Advise.
I am having pain in my stomach on right side just beneath chest it happens specially at evening time when I go back to home from office while walking it really panics sometime what to do?
I'm suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
Drinking coconut water for 2 to 3 times a week reduces the size of kidney stones in a short period of time.
Benefits of coconut water
* it dissolves kidney stones
* it prevents bladder infections
* it revitalizes your reproductive system
Symptoms of kidney stones
Kidney stones that are above the pelvis of the kidney usually do not cause symptoms.
Symptoms often occur when a stone migrates into the ureter, the tube that carries urine from the kidney to the bladder, and prevents the drainage of urine from the kidney.
When stones are present in the ureter, a person may experience the following symptoms:
* nausea and vomiting.
* blood in the urine.
* increase in frequency or urgency of urination, or the inability to urinate.
There are other possible consequences of kidney stones. Partial or complete obstruction of a kidney by a stone may lead to a backup of urine in the blood, along with its potentially toxic component, urea. If this happens, the kidney may suffer damage to its tubules (the microscopic chemical plants that manufacture urine) and to their associated blood vessels.
Kidney stones are formed from chemicals that are found in your urine such as, calcium, carbonates, cystine, oxalic acid, phosphates, uric acid, ammonium, and magnesium.
Of these chemicals, calcium constitutes a large percentage of the stones that are formed.
Causes of kidney stones
One contributing cause is a defective metabolic process. When you habitually drink insufficient amounts of water and other fluids daily, your urine becomes highly concentrated.
Diet is another major contributing factor. If you are fond of eating fatty foods and your daily intake of high fiber foods is low, you will surely have kidney stone problems sooner or later.
* acid-forming foods
* alcoholic drinks
* junk food
* sugar foods
Importance of making kidneys function properly
Kidneys receive a large amount of the blood pumped by your heart. This huge blood supply enable your kidneys to regulate the composition of your blood.
They also remove wastes such as ammonia, drugs, urea and other toxins from your body.
That's why it is important to dissolve kidney stones early before they get big enough to give you problems, such as kidney infections, later.
* they keep the volume of water constant in your body
* they regulate your blood pressure
* they aid in making red blood cells
* they maintain the calcium levels in your body
Coconut water helps dissolve kidney stones by diluting your urine so that the various chemicals in your kidneys such as calcium, phosphates, uric acid, etc. Are relatively easy to flush out of your system.
This is because it is a natural diuretic and it increases the urine flow.
Aside from its ability to dissolve kidney stones, it is also a rich source of cytokinins. Cytokinins are plant growth hormones, they regulate the growth and development of plants.
The interesting part is that cytokinins have an anti-aging effect on human cells and tissues.
In other words, they help delay your aging process.
Other health benefits of coconut:
1. Prevents simple goiter (enlarged non-toxic thyroid) because of its organic iodine content.
2. Good body builder, so it is a food recommended for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals.
3. Constipation and for any build-up of gas in the stomach and intestinal tract.
4. Coconut milk has been found to help causes of a sore throat as well as relieving stomach ulcers.
5. Coconut oil has been found to heal cuts, scratches, burns and sunburns.
6. The oil has also been recommended for facial massage and is reported to be good as a wrinkle remover.
7. Coconut oil is also good for the scalp and hair and makes hairdressing unnecessary.
8. Intake of at least 2 tbsp. Of virgin coconut, oil per day can lessen your vitamin e requirement.
9. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
This proves that a pound of prevention is indeed worth more than a ton of cure.