Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Mr. Atul VermaYour feedback matters!
I smoke weed for 8 yr. And my diet is good. But I am feeling weakness now a days. I don't want to leave weed. What should I do?
People who are depressed experience sadness or loss of interest in activities they once enjoyed. While just about everyone experiences these feelings every once in a while, people who are depressed have these feelings on an ongoing basis, and the symptoms of depression affect how they function in daily life.
Understanding the Causes of Depression
A number of factors are thought to contribute to the development of depression, including:
- Genetics. Depression tends to run in families, so researchers believe that certain genes may be associated with developing it.
- Brain abnormalities. Scientists have found that people who are depressed have certain brain characteristics that are different from people who are not depressed. Imbalances of norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine, which are brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, are thought to be involved with the development of depression.
- Stressful situations. Stressful events, such as the loss of a loved one, a major life change, or a serious illness, have been known to trigger depression. While some people have normal and temporary feelings of sadness and loss after a stressful event, others will experience clinical depression.
- Gender. Because depression affects women more than men — at least two times more often — depression in women could be related to gender-specific factors, like menstrual cycles and pregnancy, or differences in how women and men react to stressful situations.
Understanding the Types of Depression
Major depression is a serious mental illness in which a person experiences multiple depressive symptoms for at least two weeks. Other types of depression include:
- Bipolar disorder, alternating episodes of emotional "highs" (mania) and "lows" (depression).
- Dysthymia, mild depression symptoms that last two years or longer.
- Postpartum depression, a type of depression that occurs in the mother after her baby is born.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a major depression that occurs during seasons with low sunlight.
People with depression often have other physical or mental illnesses such as:
Alcohol and/or substance abuse or dependence
Having depression makes these other serious illnesses more difficult to treat, and increases the risk of dying from these other conditions.
Seeking Help for Depression
Depression is a serious illness that should be treated by medical professionals. Whether your case of depression is severe or mild, treatment can help.
If you are experiencing persistent problems associated with depression, talk with your family doctor. Primary care physicians write more prescriptions for antidepressants than other health care professionals.
Your doctor can discuss your symptoms with you, rule out other medical conditions, or refer you to a mental health professional. There are several treatments, including medications, psychotherapy, light therapy, and electroconvulsive therapy, that are very effective for depression.
The first step is the most important: getting help to get better.
My age is 22 years. I have been smoking from 2 years. If I stop smoking right now, what are things that I need to do in order to live a healthy normal life? is cancer avoidable even after 2 yrs of smoking?
Hi, do not know how to put it in right way! I am 28 yrs. I at times loose my anger at a worst level. I feel sometimes my problems are being overlooked actually triggers my nege nege tvotion, n rather asked to understand the other person's emotion at dat vryS moment. So currently I do not even feel comfortable to share my feeling or emotions as well to my partner. I do not know where we are lacking in between. But whenever we try to start a conversation we pin point each other leading to vigorous arguments and thus triggering to lots of negative emotions. Please suggest how can this be resolved in a better way, where both of us can lead a healthy n beautiful life?Please help sir .
I am not interested in sex. But my husband pulling me for sex. I am fully in stressed. please tell me some tablet for improve sex.Please tell.
How to get rid of stinking mouth. Due to consumption of tobacco after 2 hrs of brushing my mouth starts stinking. How to get rid of tobacco habit. Pls help.
I have acute mental stress and regular pulpitation and i am taking anti depression medicine and cardio preventive medicine but my mental tension is not curing .Tell me what i do.Laways i feel that there may be heart attack immedietly and suddenly my anxiety increase.No releif from medicine.Please suggest?
I am 21 now. And I've been smoking since I was 13. But now I've quite smoking. Can I reverse the effects of smoking or decrease them any how? Are physical exercises like yoga or running helpful?
I at times get a feeling that I am not fit for anything. I get scared dat I myt displease anyone. Mentally I get weak.
Hi this is for my Wife, since few months we noticed that sometimes while speaking, wrong words are pops out from her mouth e.g she want to say 'honey' and the word comes out as 'ghee' or 'thousand' comes out as hundred. It happens with words only not with sentences. Along with this recently she often complains about her headaches too. Please let me know if there is anything serious, what is a cause of it and what treatment should we go for?
I get really angry over stupid little things. I get paranoid alot. And that leads to an anger that im not able to control. How do I stop this?
My name Abhishek .I want discuss about my personal addiction. I am addicted of drug tramadol .I want quit it and want to be out from it. Currently I am very much depressed .I am a married man .so I want live my life with my wife very smoothly .please suggest me some alternate for quit it.
Doctor please help me. Since 4 years I am suffering from depression and on medication now. I am 30 year old male working in a bank as a cashier. Since I have so much responsibilities on work abt cash and transactions and I cannot concentrate on a work perfectly feeling little bit low again. I am taking medicine now which is veniz 150 mg. All is ok but in morning I cannot wale up early and too many negative thoughts will enter in my mind so that I can not be active whole time and feels scary that again I hot anxiety and depression? Please help me doctor.
My brain is full of ideas 2/3 ideas run in my brain and im inconsistent in taking decisions but, I do know about the positive and negative s of those ideas but unable to select any one of them. And also I have a habit of daydreaming and I was also overconfident and most of the times I will be fully depressed, please please I request you to help me how to get rid of these problems.
Hi sir, I get habitual to masturbate everyday. I want to get stop, sir now a days I also loss my weight and getting pain in whole body and also lazyness whole day. I cant concentrate on my mind. please help me.
I have lost my brother. Last year. Since the day he has left. Life has changed. I study. I forget things. I don't even remember a thing a rear 2 mins before. I can't concentrate. If I try I start feeling irritated. I just don't feel like speaking to people. Have frequent headaches. And I just try being alone almost all the time. People around me are not getting it. Its not my over thinking. Its something else. Its something which is consistent in my case since my childhood but got even worse after he left. I don't know how to take it now. I just feel like giving up on everything. These mood swings. I feel soo dumb. I just feel lost. Please tell me what to do.
I am 23 years old male, I have difficulty concentrating and forgetfulness. Difficulty comprehending movies, Not able to study ,less interested in study, fatigue, for 4 years.
I'm getting anxiety unnecessarily. When my weight increases a little , I'm getting anxious whether I would get fatty and get any disease even though I'm underweight. Pls advise me. When I'm becoming anxious , there is a clear viscous liquid (semen) leaking from my penis. Then I'm become weak.
Delusional disorder refers to the condition in which an individual experiences non-bizarre delusions that are beliefs in things that aren't actually true. The delusions involve situations that take place in real life like being deceived or stalked, conspired against, etc but in actuality, these situations may be highly exaggerated or not true at all as they involve the misinterpretation of experiences or observations. This health problem tends to take place during the middle or later part of your life and is said to affect women more than men.
What are the symptoms associated with this condition?
There are certain signs that you can look out for to easily identify this condition and there are:
- Delusional thoughts lasting one month and above
- Lack of schizophrenia symptoms except delusions associated with the olfactory and tactile systems
- One's behavior and normal functioning doesn't witness any kind of impairment
- Duration of mood symptoms is short compared to the length of the delusions
- Disorder is not brought on by the use of substances or any medical condition
- Commencement of the disorder can vary from teenage years to later part of adulthood
What causes it to happen?
The root cause of the disorder is still not known, but experts are of the opinion that a variety of biological, genetic, environmental and psychological factors can cause it to occur.
Some of these causes include:
- Genetics: It's said that this disorder can be passed on from parents to children. Additionally, it's more common in individuals whose family members suffer from schizophrenia or one of its types.
- Psychological/ environmental: In addition to drug and alcohol abuse, delusional disorder can also be set off by stress.
- Biological: Abnormalities in certain parts of the brain can lead to this problem. Areas of brain associated with thinking and perception have been found to be connected to delusional symptoms.