Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ziyaur RahmanYour feedback matters!
Hi, How we can survive summer? It was too hot in summer Can please guide some tips for better health in summer. Thanks Ravi.
I am very thin. I was started gym and I was become healthy with supplements but when I was stopped going gym, my body size become same as before what should I do to become again healthy body as well as sex power?
I am 30 year old and I have thyroid problem. I have no baby but I tried to conceive. I also have tummy fats. I also want to loose tummy fats. So please tell me what to do. My height is 5. 3 and my weight is 63.
I m 24 year old and I'm working out on my body by going gym and I'm willing to take supplements, will their be any side effect in future by taking protein powder.
My father is having low haemoglobin and the doctors are not understanding the reason behind it. Also from few days he is having loose motion with some blood in his bowel. May I know the reason behind it. He is having the problem of acute gout.
I am having overweight. I am unable to run fast, even tried getting severe breathing problem when I feel pressure on lungs due to this.
Hello sir, I have fat from past 5 year please consult how too slim in health. What i need to do for slim?
I am present having heavyweight. Which is more than common weight of my age related. So what I do to decrease my weight. And I have eyes related problem like dropping water from my eyes with out my permission.
Hello Doctor. I am very thin recently started taking more food but I gain weight only in the stomach area, my arms and shoulders are still very weak. Please tell a remedy.
have a desk job and in the last 2years, my weight has gonn up from 75 KGS to 85 KGS, I wan to lose weight. Please help.
Doctor my Thighs & Buttocks are looking too bad if wear any pant. Please tell me how can I reduce quickly.
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.