Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. SomyaYour feedback matters!
My arms are too much weak I'm 20 years old but I even cannot do 5 pull-ups. I get my hands shaking vigorously if I perform 2-3 of them. What should I do to get my arms have some toughness. And my height is 5'5" I also want to get a bit more. I don't want to be a 6 inch guy. But I want 3-4 inch more of it. And with the height I have also got another problem. Actually I use to sit with my back very low towards ahead. I kindly request you to help me with these problems.
What to do to make my liver healthy? I can't eat oily foods. It makes my liver unhealthy all time. Suggest me.
Hello doctor I want to weight Gain which type doctor I should constant what types of tablets My age is 23 my weight is 44 only I am very Lin.
Hi doc. My age is 34years and my weight is 77 KGS. I want to reduce it. I joined gym but there I only shaped up my body but weight could not reduced. Don't know why. please guide me.
Hi I am 28 years old. . Can your please let me know whar are the best items to eat to get healthy...
I hv one question in my mind. Is it true. That by taking warm lemon water with Honey in early morning one can reduce his/her body weight. And if yes thn hw it works. Because my sister is trying this on regular basis since many months. But she didn't get any satisfactory rçresult yet. And please provide some genuine way to reduce weight for her.
Hello I'm 17 year old I felt weak and my eyes turned slightly yellows before 15 days. So I had liver function test and got total bilirubin as 6. So I consulted a doctor And he gave me some medicines. I got tested before 9 days again and my bilirubin was 12 and now before 2 days it got down to 8 again. Can I please know what should I do now and my diet especially. I'm not taking oil at the moment but How many days should I be like this. Please advise me what to do and how long and when I can be 100 percent cured. Presently I am not feeling any pain but a little weakness.
I want to reduce weight. I have put on lot of weight in last few months and couldn't find the right diet for me. Please help me out - what can I do to reduce weight?
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.