Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, How to remain Energetic throughout the day? I have noticed that most of the successful people remain energetic entire day, which is not the case with ordinary people. Any tips, diet or exercise advice on this?
I am 21 years old. My weight is 56 kg which is low for my 5'10' height. So, what can I do to increase my weight?
Sir I am female my age is 26 my weight is 90kg could you give me a suggestion how to reduce my weight.
Hi sir. I'm 26 years old, my weight is upto 83 kgs. I have more fat than a muscle. So how to reduce my with good muscle.
For most people, putting on weight is easy, but losing excess weight can be quite a struggle. Obesity is one of the most common lifestyle ailments today and can trigger a number of health problems, including diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. It also affects your emotional health and self confidence.
Patience and perseverance are crucial when it comes to weight loss. Ayurveda can be very helpful in losing and regulating weight. Ayurveda is not only an alternative to harmful medicines, but also a lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise. Here are a few ayurvedic herbs and preparations that can help you achieve a healthy body weight.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich in chemicals that control the oxidation of fatty acids and regulates cholesterol metabolism. Thus, it suppresses fat accumulation and regulates cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps cleanse the colon thus, aiding in the digestion process. Ginger also increases the body heat and blood flow that helps the body burn fat faster.
- Lemon infused water: Water infused with lemon juice and a spoon of honey on an empty stomach can help detox the body and boost metabolism. The lemon acid slows down the digestion process and help the body absorb nutrients that regulate blood sugar levels and keep you satiated for longer after a meal. In addition to this, lemon water also helps stimulate liver functioning and aids in the removal of waste from the body.
- Guggul: Guggul is a resin extract that is also known as the ‘fat killer’. It has lipid lowering properties that help lower cholesterol levels by speeding up the degradation of cholesterol and reducing the production of cholesterol in the liver. It also increases the amount of thyroid hormones produced that boost metabolism and help burn fat.
- Vrikshamla: Vrikshamla is rich in hydroxy citricacis that helps inhibit the accumulation of fat in the body. It also helps modulate the activities of genes that effect fat synthesis and can prevent the development of visceral fat tissues. Vrikshamla is also rich in serotonin that reduces the tendency to overeat by keeping a person feeling satiated for longer.
- Nigella sativa: This is better known as black cumin, onion seeds or kalonji. These tiny black seeds help lower blood sugar levels that can control your appetite and reduce carbohydrate cravings. It also stimulates the burning of fat and increases metabolism. By enhancing the functioning of the liver, it also helps the body get rid of waste and toxins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
From childhood onwards I'm so lean. I'm not gaining weight. .I'm just 43 kgs now. I want gain some weight..
I have a desk & out side job last 4 years, my weight has 57 kg, I want to gain my weight. Personality not growing because of my body not healthy, so please help what can I do.
How do I reduce my weight with the help of home remedies. I eat chapattis at night but also am unable reduce the weight. Could you please help me out in this.
Hi, My weight is 77 now after pregnancy 10 kg increase. I am breastfeeding for 1 year baby so how to reduce with healthy way? And my tummy also want to reduce so please give some ideas.
I am 20years of age and seems to be over weighted and how to reduce the weight suggest me the proper diet & exercise etc.
Can a person in the age group of 50/55 years inhale oxygen twice in a week for about 1/2 to 1 hour? If so what is the benefit?
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures.Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.