Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Seema SuhagYour feedback matters!
I'm 32 years old male my abdomen is big rather then any other part of body is there any house hold remedy then please advise.
The reason why your lungs are so large is because it allows for the easy exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, ensuring you stay properly oxygenated at all times
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hi. I am 182 cm height. But my body weight is only 62 KG. Is it under weight? And I need to increase my body weight, what can I do for it. (Daily morning I played football for an hour) Thanks in advance.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello. I am Vismad Bajaj. Height 5'8 Weight 90. But I look heathy. Not too fatty But I want to reduce my weight . Regards
My date of birth is 06/06/1998. I am too weak, I want to become somewhat fit with nice look. So, please guide me
I want to reduce my body weight. I eat 2 times in a day. But my body weight is not decreasing? What to do?
I am 29 years old male am an accountant. My weight is only 49 kg. Sir give some suggestions for increasing my weight without any side effects.
Everyday semen leakage problem. And also the scrotum. Is too lose and hanging. Feeling weak. And little short breath. Could you please give the solution of this problem.
I am suffering from obesity I am 27 height 5.8 and weight 84 pls tell me easy process to reduce 10 kgs weight.
I am loss my weight and I am tried rise my weight but there are no change in my bodyso you can help me what can I do.
My age is 23 and I want to know how can I reduce body heat is there any remedy or medicine for that?
Hell sir/mam my problem is I have very thin body at age and height. I don't able to gain weight. I tried endura mass but I didn't get better result. Please suggest me what to do. I want to gain my muscles rapidly.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties