Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sarita MalikYour feedback matters!
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
You described the benefits of peanut butter in article. I would like to know the recommended serving for weight loss and also which peanut butter to go for. There are so many varieties (crunchy vs creamy) and brands in the market. Any suggestions?
Meri Mummy DCMP 30% ki patent hai. 7 8 salo se. Pichle mahine ulti dast hone ke karan unhe hospital admit krna pada tha. Waha unka urine bilkul nahi hu 3 din se. To unko dialysis krwana pada. 2 bar dialysis krwane ke bad unka cretnine normal aya to dischrge mil gya. Abhi kidney ki problem to nahi hai. Par phle ki heart ki sari dawaye change ho gayi hai. Lekin idhar bich mummy halka fulka chalne ya kam krne se hi thak jati hai. Sase fulti hai. please muje batye kya krna chahiye. Ek doctor ne anziography test ke lea bola tha. Par mere purane Dr. Ne kaha ki mummy ka heart size me large hai. Jiske karan pump nahi kar pata ache se. Block nahi hai. Isile unhone mana kea. please advise kumya sahi hoga. Aur kya Ayurved se bhi ilaj ho skta hai ki nahi. Thanku.
I feel like my energy drained till 12 pm .please tell me methods or foods or medicines to increase my energy.
I am suffering from sexual disorder, night fall, weaknesses, less stability. My weight is also not increase. What do I do.
I do not feel hungry. I can survive without eating anything for the whole day. But I am too thin. Would you please tell me how to gain some weight and how to be fit and muscular?
I am a student and I am 22 year old but not so healthy what should I have to do for becomes a health person. Please give suggestions.
I am 19 years old female, can I take garcinia tablets to lose weight. Does it have any severe side effects?
I heard about spirulina. An organic based tablet contains protien and vitamins as regular supplement. Is this safe to use or having any side effects ?
Hello sir good morning my self alok Sharma from Kolkata am very weak and slim that a reason am facing problem in my marriage give me a guidelines how to gain weight suggest me some medicine and nutrition for gain weight please help me out.
Tests which confirm about Diabetes and its Symptoms
Hello friends main doctor Hanish Gupta hu, diabetes related kuch information mein aaj aaplogo ke sath share karne aaya hu. Main Delhi sahar mein practice karta hu aur Lybrate ka abhari hu ki Lybrate mujhe yeh avsar de raha hai ki main apke sath diabetes ke upalaksh mein kuch batey discuss kar saku. Sabse zyada pechida sawal jo main logo se sunta hu jo ki vastavik roop mein ek simple sawal hai who yeh hai ki kya diabetes mujhe hai bhi yah nahin?
Har insaan janna chahta hai ki diabetes yah madhumeh jaisi bimari ussey grasth kar rahi hai yah nahin? Well iska jawab aap ek simple blood test dwara kahi bhi kisi bhi laboratory mein test kara ke paa sakte hai. Agar apka fasting blood sugar 126 se zyada hai who bhi do avsaro par naki ek avsar par toh apko diabetes ka mareez ghoshit kiya jayega. Isi upalaksh mein ek aur test hota hai jo ki hai glycosylated haemoglobin jissey asaan bhasha mein hba1c ka test kaha jata hai. Is test dwara apke teen mahine ki blood sugar ki ausat pata lagayi jaa sakti hai. Iss test ka humein result percentage mein milta hai. Agar yeh test 6.4% se zyada kisi bhi mariz mein paya jaa raha hai toh ussey bhi diabetes ka mareez ghoshit kiya jaa sakta hai.
Dosto diabetes itni pechida bimari nahin hai jisko bana diya jata hai. Diabetes ko pata lagan ke liye keval yeh do test mahetwapurn bhi hai aur purn taur pe purey bhi hai jiske dwara aap diabetes ke barey mein pata laga sakte hai. Kuch aisi baatey aur bhi hain jo main apke sath discuss karna chahta hu jaise diabetes ke lakshan kya hai. Well agar apke parivar mein koi aisa sadasya hai jissey diabetes hai yah apke upar 40 saal se zyada ho chuki hai yah apko sudden unexplained weight loss hai yah aap wazan mein zyada hai yah aisa hai ki kuch dino se apko zarurat se zyada bhook lagne lagi hai yah zarurat se zyada peshaab aney lag gaya hai toh apko diabetes ke test karwana anivarya hai.
Toh dosto in vishesh baton ka agar aap dhyaan rakhengey toh aap apno ko aur apne parijano ko diabetes jaisi bimari se bacha sakte hai. Mere se sampark karne ke liye aap kabhi v Delhi mein mere clinic ka address Lybrate dwara paa sakte hai. Dhanyabaad!