Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sarita MalikYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. Now I weighs 51 kg. I am not feeling that much hungry all time and I eat very less. Is there anyway to increase weight or to feel hungry?
I am 21 years old. My height is 6.1" my weight is 105 kgs. So now I follow this think to reduce my weight. They are- I wake up at 4 am and I go for a walk at 4: 30 am and come back at 6: 30 am. After that I take lemon quiz and ginger mix in a glass of luke warm water and drink daily at empty stomach. After one hour of that I take 4 sugarfree biscuits at 8am. After that I take abowl of raw cucumber and tomato salads as snack. I add peppermint and lemon quizto get them taste at 10 am. At 12: 30 pm I take 2 route with vegetable curry (some times I take fish curry also) as my lunch. I take a snap at 3 pm. At 5 pm I take 4 sugarfree biscuits. After 2 hour I take 2 route with vegetables curry. At 9 pm I take abowl of tomato and cucumber salad as my dinner. At 11pm I go to the bed for sleep. So now I have so me question. No 1 question is I want know that if I follow this routine then how much result I get form this thing. And no 2 is I want to know that I take how much calorie in a day to follow this diet chart?
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants to lose weight. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get rid of the fat accumulated in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people.
With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods. Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss
and body contouring.
How it works: The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break but attract more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is
drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers. The sound energy gets converted into mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
3. Improves body contour
4. Reduces body circumference
5. Muscle toning and firming
6. Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients,
and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible to reduce weight and fight obesity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My hair is thinning and I am experiencing hair loss every day. Alopecia is occurring. I also feel very tired every day. I am male aged 23years plez give me some remedy.
I am 19 year old from 4 months i am suffering from thyroid and day by day my weight is increasing so what is the solution?
My husband is 67 years old. He is a diabetics patient. He is also over weight. He is also suffering from slip disc problem. Please help me and to suggest what should I do my best possible for him?
Please tell me diet to increase my height and to loose weight I am too much fatty now and my height is about 5.5 I want to be 5.11.
I am 64 years diabetic (2type, morning walker (50 minutes) .enlarged liver, and triglyceride-controlled with medicine. BUT OUT OF BREADTH WHILE CLIMBING STIRS AND JOGGING.
I'm 26 yrs old and gave bith to a girld baby 9 months before (normal delivery). Even after 9 months of delivery I could not reduce my weight. My actual weight before pregnancy was 52kg and after delivery my weight was 72 kg my height is 155 cm. My current weight is 62 kg. I'm doing household work, yoga excercise and taking care of my baby and i'm vegetarioan and taking balanced diet, but still I could not regain my original weight. Give me some solution for my problem.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am a 45 year old male, I have diabetes since 2000 and now I become very thin and weak. My sugar level is very high. what should I do? Please help me.
I am 35 years male and my weight is 84 kg I am too much worried about my health so pls suggest me to lose my weight in natural way or as per your suggestion.
With many technological advances, our attention span has decreased drastically from what it used to be. We spend significantly more time glued to our screens and have an increased amount of stimuli from the environment. This results in our focus constantly shifting.
Your memory capacity on the other hand is limitless. The human brain has the ability to store more than 1 quadrillion pieces of data. This is only the average amount of data being recorded throughout our lives and 99% of the information from our environment gets discarded.
Here are some ways in which you can improve your memory and attention:
Regular exercise helps supply oxygen to the brain which can help reduce the risk of memory loss and other related problems.
Getting enough sleep:
It is said that the average adult needs 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Even one hour less can reduce problem solving skills, memory and creativity.
The phrase “laughter is the best medicine” doesn’t only hold true for physical ailments but also helps in improving memory. It helps people think more broadly and connect ideas more freely.
The power of music:
Numerous studies show that listening to music without lyrics helps increase your ability to focus. Music has proven to be very calming and soothing for people. This very quality is what helps boost your concentration and focus.
Stressors act as a magnet and pulls away our concentration. A way to rectify this is to “clean up” your mind. Get rid of all the stressors by taking a few deep breaths before you start your work. This will help you concentrate and focus on your desired task for longer periods of time.
Test your attention span:
Cut out newspaper articles with three paragraphs. Cross out the any one vowel in the article.
If you have skipped letters in the first paragraph – attention span dips at the beginning.
If you skip letters in the second paragraph (and not in first or third) – attention is lost halfway and returns slowly.
If you skip letters in the second paragraph and in the third – you have a short attention span and other activities along with this must be conducted regularly to increase it.
If you skip letters in the third paragraph – attention span decreases towards the end.
This activity can be done often to check improvement in attention span.