Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ritu SinghYour feedback matters!
Obesity is the condition of being fat or overweight. Being obese poses a lot of difficulty for an individual in his/her daily life. Apart from heightened health conditions, being obese can lead to a lack of mobility, excessive eating, and lower self-esteem. Obesity is mostly caused due to the presence of fats in the body. Lack of physical activities and excessive fat in your diet are found to be the leading causes of obesity.
What are visible and invisible facts actually?
Weight gain happens when the number of calories consumed exceeds the number of calories burnt. Fats contain a huge amount of calories and although reducing the intake of visible fats is possible, avoiding invisible fats could be a challenge. Visible fats are the ones which one is able to see in foods such as margarine, butter, cooking oils, steaks, bacon and other such. On the other hand, invisible or hidden fats are those which are not visible, but present in a wide variety of foods. Mono and poly-saturated fats present in nuts, seeds, cheese, chocolates, hamburgers, French fries are some common examples of hidden or invisible fats.
How visible and invisible fats affect your health?
The presence of fats makes it possible for various culinary functions to occur. For example, the preparation of cakes requires fats which make it soft and light. Similarly, adding fats during the process of cooking tenderizes foods and also improve its appearance. When consumed, fats provide the necessary energy to the body and help in the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Limiting the intake of both visible and invisible fats is very crucial as it can prevent serious health issues in the long run. Apart from obesity, excessive fats can lead to diabetes, heart diseases, and stroke. Selecting low-fat foods or cooking food with little fats can help in reducing their intake. A conscious person should read food labels and choose foods with low calories.
In conclusion, visible fats are easy to spot and avoid, but invisible fats are not. So, one may be at an increased risk of obesity from hidden fats.
Related Tip: 5 Practical Ways to Prevent Obesity in Children
I have started gym since a 1month ago to maintain a fit body but doing gym everyday I get a sever headache please help me.
It is often said that Ayurveda is a science and Yoga is an implementation of that science. In treatment, both these connected branches speak for the consistent practice of breathing techniques and medication along with indulging in body purification processes, use of medicinal herbs, well regulated dieting as well as chanting of mantras for uplifting the mind and body. In Yoga, the physical purification processes are known as 'Satkriyas' whereas the same in Ayurveda is called as 'Panchakarma'.
Understanding Yoga and Ayurveda: Yoga and Ayurveda are two interrelated branches of Vedic knowledge that encircles the whole universe.
- The formation of Ayurveda: Ayurveda is one of the four secondary Vedic teachings called the Upavedas that constitute Gandharva Veda, Dhanur Veda and Sthapatya Veda as well. Each of these Ayurvedas is directed towards specific walks and aims at the Vedic quest for liberation. Ayurveda is by far the most important of all four as it addresses all the disciplines of healing as well as holistic well-being of the mind and body.
- The birth of Yoga: Ever since its formation through the Yoga, it has been widely accepted as one of the six branches of Vedic preaching. It advocates the authority of the Vedas and aims at systematizing the true meaning of the Vedic preaching.
In this classical Vedic system, Ayurveda is specifically developed for healing purposes and there is no other branch of the Vedic system that can offer such comprehensive healing benefits.
Integral relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda: The term Yoga means combining, harmonizing and above all uniting. Thus a Yogic approach is an inherently integrative approach that harmonizes the body, mind and senses, and is not involved in implementation of sideline techniques but incorporates a synthesis of all aspects of the healing processes. This is the reason why Yoga originally has an eight-fold path directed towards bettering the quality of lives. Otherwise, it is caught in similar variants of physical reductionism that are often addressed in modern medicinal therapies.
Asana is referred to as the internal medicine of Yoga as it brings the vital energy directly into the body. It is aimed at alleviating the nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems of the human body. It is crucial to integrate Ayurveda and Yoga for bringing out the total spiritual and healing potential of the human body as well as each of these vast branches of Vedic knowledge.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.
Many a times we get attracted to a person to fulfill pre-ordained energy dynamics. We meet people to continue a story left incomplete, if you believe in reincarnation, or we get attracted by a chemistry a spark, which creates the combustion of passion and falling in love.
In the most self assured individual hidden in the deep recesses of the heart is a need to be accepted and loved for just who they are. We need someone to tell us we are beautiful and needed flaws not withstanding. There is a gaping chasm in the human heart which demands being filled.
A relationship seems to be an answer to this need and the hormones plays up to make it a compelling one. Eros or libido is the driving force which makes the person singularly desirable their touch intoxicating and presence soothing. You project your image of your ideal on your partner. The image may be perfect or it may be distorted by past experiences. But this projection of an image conjured up by the mind on the partner who serves as a poor unsuspecting screen is what starts the drama of love.
There can be no hard and fast rules in relationships. Energy finds a balanced flow as your mind and heart settle into a harmony which understand accepts forgives supports and facilitates without the other how would one cultivate these virtues, the acid test of spiritual growth is the flavour of relationships, the man woman relationship being an important one.
I am 18. I have guilty in groin near or lymph node since 3 moths. I went to doc 2 months later and my blood test report was normal and gave me medicine and guilt disappears but from 10 days it again appears. And little pain in groin area. Please help me.
Please help me I'm 17 my health is very poor, I look very weak! Please give me some tips to improve my health! Thank you.
I am a 27 yrs old girl and my weight is 60kg. Also my tummy is buzzing out. Kindly tell me how to loose my weight with in 1 month.
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda. People advocate intake of water on empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures wide range of diseases starting from allergies to Cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in whatsapp groups and on facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
Relation of water intake and meals:
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It has clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence automatically, his food intake will decrease. Of course he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
We Ayurved practitoners follow the sutra given below :
Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman,a farmer,an army man all work for eight hours. Business man is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the Sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day kindly.
'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/Doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared by me will help you take the correct step.
I am 21 female and I have thyroid. I concerned a gynecologist and used some course but it was not cured. I was becoming fat day by day. So please help me how to decrease my weight and thyroid.
I am 19 yrs old and I have a problem. Upto 15 yrs I am so lean. But last 4 yrs my body is fat step by step. Now also increase my weight. 15 yrs my weight is 45. But now 100kg. What can I do. Is there any problem medically.
Eye packs are an indication of weariness. They shape because of liquid develop under your eyes, which could be caused by a few reasons, including absence of rest, stress, hypersensitivities and, let's be honest, celebrating a bit too hard. On the off chance that puffy eyes have turned into a steady piece of your composition, you should attempt to discover the purpose for the issue. Eye sacks do not just look awful – they are your body's method for demonstrating to you that you have to roll out a few improvements to your way of life and get more rest. Still, in the event that they just attack your face sporadically, there are some tried common approaches to dispose of under eye swelling.
Salt makes your body hold more water than typical, the outcome being that you feel bloated. This is valid for all aspects of the body, including the eyes. Disposing of salt from your eating regimen is difficult; however, it has numerous health and excellence benefits. You should likewise read the sustenance data on bundled nourishments, the same number of them contain extensive amounts of salt.
2. Squint Away
Amid the substantial phases of rest, or REM rest, you flicker significantly not as much as should be expected. The reason for squinting is not exclusively to hydrate and ensure your eyes when you are conscious, additionally, do scatter the liquids around your eyes. Repetitive eye sacks may imply that you do not sufficiently squint in your substantial rest. What you can do is squint quickly for 30 seconds after awakening.
3. Drink more Water
To accelerate your digestion and ensure puffy eyes never trouble you again, drink no less than two liters (a large portion of a gallon) of water each day. Remaining hydrated is vital for every real capacity and can do ponders for your looks. On the off chance that you are one of those individuals who do not care for drinking water, you can set an alert, at roughly one-hour interims, that reminds you to do it. Keep in mind that juices and different refreshments cannot substitute water.
On the off chance that there is one great embellishing strategy, this must be it. Cucumber cuts are not just for appear, they can really enable you to dispose of eye packs. This flavorfully new veggie contains vitamin C, Caffeic corrosive and silica, all of which forestall water maintenance and swelling. Chill two or three cucumber cuts in the cooler and apply to your eyes for 10 minutes.
Puffy eyes are no major ordeal by any means, if you have a few potatoes lying around. You can utilize potatoes simply like cucumbers – cut them up into thin cuts, chill in the cooler for a bit and place on your eyelids for 10 minutes. This top-notch root contains a great deal of starch, which assists with swelling and aggravation.
6. Tea or Coffee
Concerning eye sacks, the appropriate response is dependably tea. Chamomile and green tea are not just relieving refreshments, they are additionally brilliant embellishing instruments. Locate a quiet, peaceful place where you can taste your tea, while applying the chilled tea-packs on your eyes. Remain like that for 10-15 minutes to mitigate puffy eyes.
7. Egg White
Egg whites are a nutritious, without cholesterol breakfast; however, they can likewise, be consolidated into your Cosmetic regimen. On the off chance that eye packs have been troubling you, beat a couple of egg whites in a bowl; however as opposed to pouring them in the container, spread them over your eyes with a brush. Hold up around 20 minutes until the point when the blend dries and your skin begins feeling more tightly, at that point wash with lukewarm water.
Milk is yet another nutritious substance that can work ponders for decorating your eyes. Plunge two cotton balls or a towel in warm (however not hot) milk and apply to your eyelids. Remain like this for 15-20 minutes to alleviate the anxiety and pressure from your eyes.
In the event that you have a driving forward eye pack issue, all you require are two or three spoons. Stop them overnight at that point, in the morning, apply to your eyes until the point that they are not cool any longer. On the off chance that you need to see critical change in your composition, rehash for no less than two weeks.
Sir my age is about 20 years but my weight is only 44 kgs. please help me sir how I gain weight and developed my personality. Thanks.
Am suffering from laziness issue recently I left my job now am looking for a new job but am unable to make it and these days I've observed myself am being idle and preferring alone I might facing or falling in depression I thought so kindly help me out with your suggestions to overcome with laziness and depression.
Hi, I am a working woman. Can you tell me some nutritious food for me to stay healthy in this busy days.
1. Drink Warm Water With A Lemon In The Morning
Drinking warm lemon water is one of the easiest Ayurvedic ways to improve our health. The acidity of lemon promotes regularity in the body to help prevent toxic build-up in the digestive track. Warm water can remove the accumulated toxins floating around the bloodstream, and prevent it from staying put and triggering illnesses..Before breakfast, drink hot water with a little bit of lemon to stoke the digestive fire.” It’s important to make sure the water is room temperature, since cold water in the morning can actually shock your system.
2. Add Cinnamon To Tea/Coffee
Cinnamon is considered to be “the ancient healing spice” that not only enhances the flavor of any dish, but also has numerous health benefits seen in Ayurvedic medicine. Cinnamon is a “soothing Ayurvedic spice that regulates blood sugar which caffeine throws off,” The spice also soothes the nervous system.
3. Scrape Your Tongue
Ayurvedic medicine suggests our tongue can teach us about our health. This is because tongue surface is known to be the breeding grounds for accumulated toxicity. Using a steel tongue scraper can remove the “ama” — toxins on our tongue — and stimulate certain nerves that stimulate digestion. A tongue scraper will prevent the toxins from getting reabsorbed by the body, which can lead to breathing difficulties, digestive problems, and a weaker immune system. “Scrapping helps remove them from the body and helps in a variety of health issues,”
4. Do Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is one of the recently best known Ayurvedic practices. Gargling with coconut or sesame oil for 10 to 20 minutes in your mouth helps remove the hundreds of bacteria, including Streptococcus.
5. Oil Your Body
Massaging the body with oil helps improve the texture of the skin and provides you with a healthy glow. It’s best to put massage oil on yourself in the morning before bathing or showering for optimal absorption. Overall, “Oil massage helps to detoxify and reduce stress, remove chemicals and energy that are throwing off balance in the body,”
6. Get Good Sleep
Whether it’s Ayurvedic medicine or no medicine, it’s well known getting a good night’s sleep is essential for proper functioning the following morning. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule is considered one of the main focal points of health in Ayurveda, suggesting we need to be protective of our sleep time