Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ritika DassYour feedback matters!
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 21 year old male having headache not able to study pls let me get out of this problem plus I am having problem in my back also including how to gain weight.
I'm 21 year old guy. Doctor suggest me metadec 25 mg for my weakness. Now I have increased it capacity to metadec 50 mg. Bit I don't feel any change in myself. I still feel weak. Should I go for metadec 100 mg? Please suggest. I'm very depressed due to my physical weakness.
I am working at bangalore. Everyday I am in high pollution ie air pollution. Please suggest me some precautions to avoid health problems due to this pollution.
My belly fat is increasing day by day and I can not control on earing then what should I do please tell?
I am suffering from rose coloured eruptions on my body. How do I get cured. It has spread to my wife and my son. Reddish in colour. Itching so much. 2 months have passed. Not taken medicine. Help me. What doctor should I prefer.
I have a desk job and in the last 1 year my weight has gone up from 65 to 80 kgs. I want to loose weight. Please help.
I am a student and m preparing for defense job but my weight is not according to my height please suggest me something to loose my weight?
Hi I m 24 years old andI have some fat cell in my all over body in upper part. Suggest me any kind of treatment.
With obesity on the rise, more and more young people are looking at measures for weight loss. Ayurveda, with its safe and natural system can be a lofe saver. It believes that obesity is a result of excessive Kapha, and weight loss measures should be aimed at reducing kapha. Reduce foods that are sweet, sour or salty. Increase foods that are bitter and pungent and promote digestion.
The following are some effective ways of losing weight, a combination of natural herbs, dietary habits, and lifestyle changes.
- Guggul or commiphora resin is a very effective fat burner that is used in correcting lipid disorders and treating obesity. It helps by correcting total cholesterol levels, lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol), and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Garcinia cambogia, or vriksh amla, is a form of gooseberry that is used widely for weight loss. It affects the fat synthesis, fat accumulation, and reduces visceral fat deposition.
- Salacia or Kotahla is another popular herb known for reducing fat accumulation. It suppresses the growth of adipose tissue and is particularly useful in people who are insulin resistant.
- Kalonji seeds, or Nigella, is also useful in improving waist-hip ratios and reducing body-mass index.
- Liquorice is rich in flavonoids which are rich in antioxidants. This has been proven to be useful in preventing accumulation of abdominal fat and reducing triglycerides.
- Warm lime water everyday in the morning will help boost the digestive system and promotes in weight loss. Honey can be added if required.
- Three meals a day is advisable with no snacking in between or healthy snacking if not manageable. The meals should consist of balanced, healthy foods with no oils, lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat vegetables and fruits that are seasonal, as they have seasonal benefits, are free of chemicals, and easily available. Melons are plentiful in summers while are adequately hydrating, the nuts and roots during winters provide protection from the cold. It is good to have breakfast and lunch as heavier meals compared to dinner, which should be the smallest.
- Starting your day with a round of exercise is considered ideal for a variety of reasons and also for weight loss. Do a mild walk for about 10 minutes after each meal to promote digestion.
- Adhere to a regular sleep pattern. The hormones and digestive enzymes have a natural cycle and help in managing weight.
- Whether meditation or music, exercise or aerobics, find a way to control and manage stress. It is one of the main causes of weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Due to thickness on uterus bladder which is investigated in sonography. Dr. consulted to do fractional curettage test but now in blood report total bilirubin is 2.8 so in this condition is it fine if we do fractional curettage test.
What is Calcarea carbonica? Can I take it as I am having hypothyroid and weight is gaining. What dosage will be better?
I am 28 year old but my weight is only 48 kg. My height is 5 feet 6 inches. Is there any medicine available which can help me in gaining weight.
I am 40 years old male I am suffering since 1 years from very weakness, tiredness, very fatigue and sometimes feel pain in leg and arm muscles. But very weakness in both legs specially and my whole body is not active once. And pain.
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.