Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ritika Dass
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ritika DassYour feedback matters!
Am normal man ht 5'8" Age 27 yr Wt 61 kg Married 2011 I could not perform more than 2 or 3 minutes during sex How can I gain my sex timing? Am serving in Army Physical fit No any disease.
My grandfather is 97 years old. Suddenly yesterday his legs and other things became very weak. We took him to a hospital. He was given 2 units of IV and doctor told that everything was normal. He has now become weak and is not able to walk or sit properly or even move without others help. What might be causing it? Please help!
Take vinegar and water mixture after having the intercourse douche rhe vagina with the vinegar mixture as soon as the acidic water comes in contact with the vaginal mucus it increases the ph level of the vagina and kills the male sperm. It also makes the vaginal environment favourable for the female sperm. Is it true? Plzz suggest me.
I am getting fever frequently, I feel very weakness in my body. I cannot run for long time than my breath gets too high.
My stomach is burning. I am feeling spicy in my stomach. It is burning. What should I eat to reduce it.
As per the latest statistics published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 9% women suffer from a deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of haemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So when the iron content is low, there is not enough haemoglobin production and all organ do not receive oxygen in the required quantities. This is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost lustre and become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience the burns last longer than normal. Lack of right amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from aches in the muscles.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent a development of spoon-shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign of possible deficiency of iron.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to inform about the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take chances with your health and so, check for these signs without any delay.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Diabetes is a condition in the body, which is characterized by blood sugar spikes that result in the body being unable to use the glucose in the body.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
The various ayurvedic remedies for diabetes are:
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables
- You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.