Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Rekha SethYour feedback matters!
I can't sleep at night. I wake up at 10 o' clock in the morning. I feel weak everyday . What can I do.
My mother is of around 50 years now and she is getting her bones weak and sometimes her legs also shivers while standing. What should I do?
For an upset stomach, add 1 teaspoon of blackberry tincture in a glass of water and drink it every 2-4 hours until your symptoms subside.
Hello sir my name is Rahul Maurya and my age is 22. Sir I want to ask about appetizer. Accutly my food dose is small and my weight is also not good. Can I use appetizer for increasing weight and also for good digestive system. Can you please suggest me about good appetizer.
Hi, I am interested in bodybuilding and I am in under training for 8 months. Recently I was asked to take few tablets for fat burning. Mega - 3 Supradyn Kindly guide me. I am fully confused.
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.
Sir, I ve been keeping glucose level at normal for the last 3 months. Is there any need going for diabetic profile test.
Hello doctor. I am slim. I would you like ask a question about to improving the my health. please suggest me some healthy diet and supplement for health.
When I was at 16 years old, my weight was 42, Now I am 24 years old, but my weight was not increased. Why? Basically I am a active person, 4 months back I started a Diet Plan with Protein rich food and Alfalfa too, but Result is Zero. May I know My health Condition, what is Remedy for my problem?
Food craving is absolutely normal during pregnancy. Junk food craving is a cause of concern, be it a pizza or a doughnut or any other junk food you can think of.
From the very onset of your pregnancy to delivery, you and your baby are undergoing constant changes. Major ones are:
- Food cravings
- Your weight
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Blood sugar levels
- Mood swings
The following are the Do's and Dont's to ensure that your food cravings are healthy and benefit you and young one!
- Absence of Whole Grain: Fibre is a nutrient essential for energy and also helps in smooth bowel movements. The doughnut or pizza base does not have whole fibre even if they claim to, so there are more chances of you having bouts of constipation.
- Salt from Mayonnaise and Sauces: Without an extra blob of mayonnaise that Sub sandwich will not taste as good and moreover it has high amount of salt, which is just not friendly to a fluctuating blood pressure, it may also cause swollen feet due to water retention in your body.
- Limited Nutrient Quotient: Junk food has very limited meat or vegetables. The major portion of any junk food is the fattening, less nutrient cheese. This will surely affect the nutrient intake of the expecting mother and her baby.
- Sugars and Fats: Many expecting mothers have a craving for nibbling chocolates at unearthly hours. Foods high in sugar are known to cause mood swings and irritations. This could shoot up your blood pressure or even include gestational diabetes as a chain reaction.
- Expecting Mother to the Baby: By eating all the fast food which is fully loaded with sugar, salt and fat; rest assured it goes directly to the baby. Babies born obese and with other health disorders, tend to develop associated health disorders in their growing years or later on in life.
Tips to Stop Junk Food Cravings?
'You are what you eat' and so is your unborn baby. To make sure both of you get the rightly balanced, healthy, good nutrition, it is very important that you completely avoid fast food during pregnancy. Some tips to tackle junk food cravings:
- Clean your Kitchen Stock: Get rid of all junk food in the house and stock it up with healthy snacks – preferably organic. You can opt for baked options, rather than fried. Buying an oven is an excellent idea, so that you can make and eat tasty, healthy and nutritious snacks at home without preservatives and additives.
- Snack on Fruits and Nuts: These are so much better than artificially prepared munch bites you get from the local supermarkets. Have fruits and always keep dry fruits handy to fulfil the craving in you. Always eat fruits as soon as you cut them, as they lose their nutrients soon after they are cut.
- Photograph Therapy: Put up a nice, huge photograph of a curvy you, prior to pregnancy. The more you eat now, the harder you will have to struggle to get back into shape after delivery hence; this will surely make you strong enough to escape the lure of junk food.
It is important for you to always keep a watch on your pregnancy diet what you eat and want to eat. If you can't, do take the help of a family member or a friend to keep you away from junk food.
Did balancing diet is more important than Jogging Eating healthy food or oil food is there is any fault in pizza burger eating ?
Sir, I am muley bhagyashree. I am engineering student. I am so fat give me the solution to reduce few fat within a week.
I am 31 years female. Got married in one year back. In last year my stomach fat increased so fast. Apart from that my health is ok. Please suggest any solution for this.
What is the prevalence of obesity?
Obesity is rapidly becoming a common problem. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there were about 1.6 billion overweight adults aged 15 years and above and at least 400 million adults are obese worldwide. It is a serious public health problem that is growing in countries with low or middle income. According to IOTF (International Obesity Task Force), it was estimated that the prevalence rate of obesity could reach 45% to 50% in the USA, 30% to 40% in Australia, England and Mauritius and more than 20% in Brazil by 2025. Of note, many developing countries like India, face the double burden paradox of obesity and under nutrition. What is Obesity?
Obesity is basically the mother of most chronic diseases. It is measured as excess weight as compared to height of individual and usually measured in terms of BMI (Body Mass Index). Obesity is defined as BMI more than 30 as per western population is concerned and more than 28 as per Asian population is concerned. However even a BMI of more than 23 for Asian population and more than 25 for western population is considered as abnormal and defined as overweight which is considered as a harmful state. Other methods to measure obesity is waist circumference and waist to height ratio. Waist circumference of more than 80 in women and more than 90 in men is consider abnormal irrespective of BMI.
What if I am obese?
Obesity is not a single disorder but is a starting point of various disorders. In the long run it can lead to increase chances of Diabetes, hypertension, PCOS in women, infertility issues in women, heart disease, sleep difficulty. It also causes osteoarthritis especially of knee joint, breathing difficulty and many other diseases with increased chances of certain cancers in the long run. Overall being obese can be a costly affair.