Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
I am 43 years working women, What precaution should one take after crossing 40 years to stay healthy and fit. Also do guide me lifestyle changes and exercises.
Why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases?
Chronic diseases can be defined as long-term diseases that plague an individual, and are generally progressive in nature, i. E. Their symptoms become worse as time passes by. Some of the common examples of these diseases are diabetes, heart disease, chronic respiratory diseases like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and stroke to name a few.
Their symptoms are progressive and fixed in nature and this causes a lot of hardships in the life of the affected people, ruining the quality of their life. Since these are the diseases one usually lives with, you are supposed to take pills/medicine every day.
It is important that the treatment of chronic diseases is reliable and does not cause any further harm.
Here are some reasons why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases.
1. No side effects
Homeopathic treatment not only cures the chronic diseases but also ensures that the medications do not cause any side effects whatsoever. Most of the conventional drugs treat problems but they also cause dangerous side effects that may increase your problems altogether. So, homeopathy is naturally the better option.
2. Permanent treatment
Homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases because it helps to cure the chronic diseases permanently. This is so because homeopathy follows a holistic approach and treats the root of the problem in order to eliminate the diseases as a whole and not just reduce the symptoms. Also, homeopathic treatment is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the patient, which makes it a more viable option than conventional drugs.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.
Hello Doctor! I am obese. I am going to gym. But do not see progress in weight loss. I have a big appetite. I am married. I am worried. Is there any way I could loose weight?
I have a desk job for last 2 years and my weight is increasing day by day please help doctor please.
I am very fat lady. I want to decrease my weight as spon as possible. For my heavy weight nobody marry me. Please say how I decrease my over weight. Can it possible, please say.
My mom has a diabetes from past 2 years. She take medicine named as glucomet gp2 daily for diabetes. 2 days ago her blood glucose level shown as 340 after meal. So my question is whether this glucose can be controlled by tablet or insulin should be taken. Her physical activities is not much as she feels dizzy while walkingher diet is :- sabji and chappati (sabji mostly includes karela) Doctor asked her to take glycomet gp2 tablet along with tablet jalra 50 mg daily till next sunday But my question is whether such level of sugar can be controlled by above tablets or insulin injection should be taken.
Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient since 5 years. Now in my abdomen TB virus has been detected and from today only I have started taking R cinex 600, combutol 1000, pyzina 750 (2wice daily) and benadon. I am also taking the previous medicine also. I.e. Eltroxin 100 for thyroid, glisen 2 & cetaphil xr 500 (2wice daily) for diabetes, olmy 40 for BP, rozavel 5 for cholesterol, febuget 40 for euric acid. Kindly suggest the combination of all these medicines are ok or not ? What are the precautions should I take while taking these medicines ?
My husband is 23years old, now his height is 5.11 and weight is 88, and 9months before his weight is 74 and at that time he did not have any habits like alcohol, now he have an habit of drinking beer and alcohol, he is increasing his weight after having this habit, please suggest me how can he reduce his weight. And having the habit of alcohol is leads to any health problem?
Apis Mel, Clematis E, Silicea, Natrum Mur, Thuja Occidentalis, Lycopodium, Sulphur, Cannabis Sativa, Aurum Met, Hydrastis and many other medicines.
-DR Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic