Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Subhash Nagar, New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Raminder Deshmukh
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Raminder DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious. They are packed with energy, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins and various minerals, all of which are essential for the normal functioning of the body. These kidney-shaped nuts are not only delicious but are loaded with tons of health benefits, which are:
1.Dental benefit - The chemicals present in cashew nuts kills gram positive bacteria and other dental afflictions that can cause tooth decay. Cashews are rich in minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are essential nutrients for dental health. They are known to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, and research shows that cashews can remove abscessed teeth although no conclusive evidence has yet been found.
2. Eye health - Zea-xanthin, an important antioxidant, present in small amounts in cashew nuts helps to improve eye health. This antioxidant, which gets selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea of the eye (responsible for filtering UV rays), helps to slow down age-related macular degeneration of vision.
3. Weight loss - Although cashew nuts are fat rich food, they help in shedding weight. They contain good fat out of which 75% of is unsaturated. This unsaturated fat provides more energy to the body, which helps in improving metabolism. Thus, it helps in weight loss, if consumed in moderation.
4. Aids in brain function - The human brain depends on two types of fat to function. They are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Cashew nuts contain both of these fats and help in the dual functions of producing brain cells and improving oxygen circulation in the brain, which aids in improving memory.
5. Healthy heart - Cashew nuts are rich in several monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acid that help in the proper functioning of the heart. These crucial fatty acids help in lowering the harmful lipoprotein, and in increasing the level of good cholesterol. The monounsaturated fatty acids also help to prevent coronary artery diseases by reducing triglyceride levels.
Ways to Include Cashews in your diet: It is more advisable to much the cashew just as they are. A fried/salty variety adds more calories. You can also use it as a garnish or use it in your shakes or dips (soaked and grinded). Add a few cashews to your bowl of cereal in the morning, or a few steamed ones to your plate of sauteed vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 10 amazing health benefits of Cashew Nuts you probably didn't know
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Here are few tips for the busy executives who are constantly on the go and work under stressful conditions:
1]water- think of water as a food group in your diet. Always carry a bottle of water in your bag to keep yourself hydrated as well as active throughout the day. Sometimes we don't realise that we just need a glass of water and instead think that we are hungry, so drinking water frequently will save you from overeating but avoid roadside vendors for juices and unpacked water.
2] breakfast- never miss your breakfast even if you are in a hurry, it should be the heaviest and the healthiest meal of the day as it not only boosts up metabolism but also increase concentration levels and charge your body for the day ahead, moreover it will drag you away from unhealthy eating on the way to your office.
3]avoid eating at late night -responding to official emails and calls may demand your time but that does not make you eligible for snack reward, especially avoid coffee and caffeine-containing colas for peaceful and sound sleep.
4] avoid sugary drinks while socialising, read labels carefully and look for latent names of sugar like maple syrup, corn syrup, cane juice, glucose etc. Also, avoid processed and prepackaged foods to cut back on salty snacks. Sugar and salt are the main culprits for giving us bigger waistlines and, therefore, threat to our hearts, not only this processed food may result in constipation.
Some food suggestions for breakfast;
Egg whites or low-fat cheese
Multigrain bread or roll
Tea or coffee with skimmed milk
Some food suggestions for meals
Salad with fat-free dressing
Soup veggie broth
Sandwiches whole grains
Lean meats like fish n chicken
Seasonal and regional veggies
Steamed brown rice
Dals and pulses - sprouted or cooked
Avoid desserts or take small portion of it
Some low-calorie alternative foods
Chappati is better than parantha
Steamed rice is better than pulao
Replace fried veggies with steamed veggies
Try grilled chicken rather than butter chicken
Fried eggs can be replaced with boiled eggs
Lemon dressing is better than salad oil dressings like mayonnaise
Fruits instead of fruit juices would be a great choice
Why not try buttermilk instead of squash
Replace processed cheese with cottage cheese
Go for medical check-ups on regular basis
Exercise, exercise and exercise, at least, 5 times a week
Join dance or yoga class
Keep smiling, sleep early to rise early.
6 ways to gain weight most naturally
Most people these days want to lose weight in order to look slim, and as a result, they often miss out on essential nutrients and starve themselves, deteriorating their health. On the other hand, some people want to put on a few pounds to look and feel healthier or simply to bulk up. Gaining weight is not strenuous and can be achieved simply by reversing some essential dieting principles. Certain basic calculations and lifestyle changes can garner impressive results.
Here are 6 ways to gain weight healthily:
1. Eating 5 to 6 meals a day
In order to gain weight, start eating 5-6 meals a day by breaking them into parts. Eating a lot at once may cause indigestion if the body fails to absorb all nutrients. Eat in small amounts, even if you are not hungry and there will be an increase in appetite from day to day. The aim should be to have a generously portioned breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as two to three snacks in between.
2. Start weight training
If you build your muscles through weight training, it will convert the extra weight into lean body mass and also stimulate your appetite. The extra muscle increases the rate of metabolism. When you start exercising you will often experience extreme muscle soreness but it goes away in 3-5 days.
3. Load up on protein
Besides weight training, a protein-rich diet can help you gain mass. Eating a meal heavy in protein shortly after finishing exercise can be highly effective in adding extra pounds to your body. However, a diet focused only on lean protein is not helpful. It is important to make sure that your diet has plenty of fat in it. Eat foods rich in protein like cheese, meat, eggs, etc to gain weight in a healthy manner.
4. Workout your entire body
A lot of people focus only on training the muscles on their arms, chest and shoulders and this is a grave error. Firstly, it will give you a disproportionate body; and it will make you prone to injuries. Therefore, it's important to work out the entire body for a complete and balanced look.
5. Drink your calories
To reach the calorie requirement only by eating may be tough. Drinking milk, milkshakes or protein shakes with little or no sugar can be an effective way to load up on the calorie requirements.
6. Be patient and believe in yourself
Gaining weight quickly in a healthy manner is unrealistic. Every body type is different and it takes months to gain weight. Living healthy by eating the right diet will increase your strength. It is also important to keep following the routine even if you don't see any gains.
Caution: junk food and fried foods must be avoided; although have a tendency to add more fat to your body but are very low in vitamins and minerals which are essentially required to keep you really fit.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: The Most Powerful Way To Put On Weight - Snacking Right.
Dt. Raminder Deshmukh
TEN SIMPLE STEPS TO FLATTEN YOUR TUMMY
If your belly is lowering your self confidence and giving you sleepless nights,here are the tips to give you flatter and fitter tummy.
1. Add fiber to your diet
constipation distends your belly,add veggies and fruits to your daily diet to relieve you of constipation,reduce intake of refined cereals like maida, noodles,pasta and whole grains instead add dalia and oats.This would relieve you of constipation and bloating to give you flat tummy.
2. decrease sodium intake
sodium retains water in the body and hence your belly swells up,reduce intake of junk food as it contains a lot of sodium.Stop adding extra salt to dishes, also packaged and processed food contains a lot of salt so better avoid it.
Foods rich in potassium help you get rid of balancing sodium,fruits are very good source of potassium,adding them to their daily diet not only provides this nutrient but also increase the fiber content of your daily intake
4.Avoid sugar alchols
We donot completely digest these low calorie sweeteners usually found in flavoured low calorie drinks,diabetic and sugarfree foods. Bacteria in large intestine ferment during gas and distension so check food labels and avoid sorbitol,xylitol and lacitol.
Drinking plenty of liquids helps flush out toxins from the body.Keepyourself hydrated with atleast 8 glasses of water ,also include lassi,coconut,water,lemon water in your daily routine .Make sure to include home made soups only,as packaged soups are not that nutritious and contain added sodium in them.
6. Carbonated beverages and alchol
These give you extended bellies and your dream of flat tummy falls flat..Alchol gives you empty calories with zero nutrition.
7. Probiotic curds
Include low fat curd in your diet regime as it contains live bacteria which tame bloating by increasing intestinal motility.
8. Method of cooking
No doubt salads and sprouts are good for our health but if experience distension with them then saute,blanch or steam them Also fried foods are best to be avoided not only because of their high calorie content but also because frying leads to changes in oil composition which may result in bloating.
9.Avoid chewing gums and candies
while chewing them air enters our digestive system,giving us feeling of bloating,also candies are zero in nutrition but contain loads of calories.Also eat slowly as gulping down increases air passage to the digestive system
some individuals are more intolerant to certain foods like raddish,capsicum,tea,cauliflower etc ,so with your own personal experience omit them from your diet