Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Preeti JaggiYour feedback matters!
Hello mam, I am 28 years old boy. I want to increase my strength. Now a days I feel some weakness in body. So continuously take dry fruits. Please suggest whether it is good or suggest us which fruit and dry fruit should be better for me.
Mam I have fat problem my butts and thighs are increasing in extreme speed I used to take oil free food but no effects please. Give me some medicines name and exercises.
Is my microwave emitting death rays? Is bird flu still a threat? I do yoga, but should I also be lifting weights?
I am so much under weight. I am 23 years old and my weight is only 45 kg. I looks very weak and I am losing my confidence. Please tell me how to gain weight?
What dietary constraints should a 50yo man living a mostly sedentary life with diabetes (high blood sugar) practise?
I am a 59 year old man and Diabetes 2 and suffering from E D for the last 05 years I am leaving in Delhi Praveen.
I am 19 year old boy. How can I gain stamina to run in 800 m or 1600 m race? Currently I can run only about 200 metre.
I am 41 years old female and a diabetic patient for the past 12 years. My present medicines are okra 10 once in a day. Triposmeal 2 mg 3 in a day .tendia 20 once in a day and telmax 50 one per day. I am worried about the heavy dose of my medicine. How can I bring down my diabetes and blood pressure without these strong medication. Please give me a reply.
I am trying to loose weight but no luck. My daily food include oats and cornflakes in mornings and fruits in lunch and 2 chapatis for dinner still no advancement. I am following this diet for over a year. Please suggest.
Sir we are 5 members in the house. We use single thermometer. Is it ok to wash it with water after use for using it again by other house member or please suggest me the ways to keep that thermometer clean and hygienic.
Hi sir I am aman from bijpur and I am not feeling well surfing from cugh and cold so sor help me to get well.
You might be a fitness freak and love to hit the gym daily but chances are that you are not aware of a few things which you should never do before workout
Never drink alcohol before going to the gym. It can lower blood sugar level which can lead to everything from shakiness and weakness to flat out injury.
In fact, it is advisable not to eat or drink too much water before exercising otherwise you may feel nauseated and end up puking.
Stick with lighter foods like fruits within a couple of hours of your workout. Sex can be detrimental because you are spending a lot of energy
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.