Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Pooja Singh
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Pooja SinghYour feedback matters!
My friend has excessive fat in th chest area. It looks almost like small breasts. Can this be solved with exercise or liposuction surgery is the only way. He is 17 just like me but looks a lot different. He weight about 70 kg age 18.
Hello doctor, I am 25 years old male. I want to reduce some weight as currently I am 81 kgs which I think is too much. Please tell me what should I do.
Most people experience prominent side effects on their body and mind the morning following a night of heavy drinking. These after-effects of consuming excessive alcohol, popularly called a hangover, include rapid heartbeat, headache, anxiety, exhaustion, vomiting, dizziness, lack of energy, and body pain.
Drinking too much alcohol (5 to 7 drinks for men and 3 to 5 for women) not only causes a hangover but also can negatively impact your health by damaging your liver, central nervous system, brain and gastrointestinal system. It takes about 8 to 24 hours to cure a hangover completely, but you can try these natural remedies to get quick relief from the symptoms and reduce the recovery time.
1. Have a banana
A hangover is often associated with decreased potassium levels in your body and having a banana will help replenish it as it contains an adequate amount of the mineral.
Directions: you can either have one or two whole bananas or a banana smoothie with few drops of honey to get relieve from most hangover symptoms.
2. Try honey
Honey contains fructose, which helps to neutralize the negative impact of alcohol on your body. Moreover, honey provides relief from the hangover as it also helps digest the alcohol better.
Directions: take 3-4 teaspoons of honey after each hour (post-hangover) till you feel yourself getting better. You can increase the dosage according to the severity of your hangover.
3. Go for a glass of tomato juice
Tomato juice proves to be very effective in curbing the symptoms of a hangover as it compensates for the dehydration caused in your body due to excessive alcohol consumption. Also, due to its fructose content, tomato helps in metabolizing the alcohol present in your body.
Directions: drink a glass of fresh tomato juice or soup laden with 1 tablespoon each of honey and fresh lemon juice. You can have this juice in the morning once and repeat in the afternoon if needed.
4. Drink a lot of water
When it comes to beating a hangover, there is no substitute for water. Drinking water is not only a tried and tested remedy, but is also the most effective way to cure a hangover. This happens because water fights the dehydration of fluids in your body caused by drinking alcohol.
Directions: to keep the hangover at bay, drink one glass of water after each glass or shot of alcohol you consume. If you forget to do this, starting your day with a bottle of water the next morning will help reduce hangover symptoms drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Being sad shows as if he is not sad but deep inside he feels alone. He asks to sit alone. He gets frequent mood swings. He gets irritated easily. Is he suffering from smiling depression? Should we allow him to sit alone & sad & cry?
My wife scan (Real time B Mode ultrasonography of pelvis) report: 1).Normal appearing endometrial cavity both adnexae, pouch of douglas. 2) Both ovaries enlarged and poly-cystic pattern. 3) Enlarged uterus with features of adenomyosis. Seen in the posterior wall of the uterus. We need clarity on this report. What is exactly problem? How will pain will come down? Shall we cross check with MRI for additional information. If yes, please suggest MRI scan name. So much pain in the abdomen. We have one son and c section delivery. Age-25y. thyroid normal. Please suggest necessary treatment for this problem and any scan (MRI/CT) is required for additional information?
The wrist is one of the most common areas that can go through a fracture or an injury. This is especially true for patients over the age of 65 years. There are many kinds of fractures, including simple or closed fractures, as well as compound or open fractures and comminuted or greenstick fractures. Hairline fractures are considered as the most common kind of fracture, and can be easily detected in an x-Ray. While it is easy for children to recover from a fracture, it is that much more difficult for the elderly to recover from one.
Read on to know the various ways in which the elderly can recover from a hand fracture.
- Time and trauma: Usually, an adult will take six to eight weeks to recover from a fracture completely. Children take almost half the time to recover as their bones are more tender and willing to fuse back together in lesser time, which is not always possible for more mature bones. Also, the elderly experience more trauma when it comes to a fracture and broken bones. Further, these individuals are already a part of a high risk group when it comes to such fractures due to problems with vision, gait and even the bone density.
- Physiotherapy: This is one of the most important parts of the treatment that elderly people have to follow after a hand fracture. This can help them in restoring normal mobility in the hand and wrist eventually, with regular practice. Physiotherapy must be practiced under the guidance of a trained expert, and thereafter, the exercises can be continued at home on a regular basis. These exercises will help in restoring the strength of the hand as well as the wrist.
- Changes in the hand: The knuckles and wrists may look different after a fracture. This depends on the kind of injury and fracture that has been sustained by the patient. The different types of hand fractures can occur on the knuckles or right below them, in the shaft of the main bone, at the base of the bone, on the wrist, and also with a dislocation of the bone and wrist. These kinds of changes should be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon who can help by inserting pins and braces to repair the fracture and bring the hand back to normal.
- Medication and self care: It is important to keep your hand above the heart level at all times during the recovery process. Also, an ice pack can help in stemming the pain. Further, you can wear a splint and take pain relief medication as prescribed by your doctor, in keeping with any other ailments you may be suffering from.