Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Pallavi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. PallaviYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old my nipple becomes round and perfect when I do chest work out but it again becomes flat after exercise is that any problem? Please advise.
I underwent kidney transplant and now it is 6th month what foods I should avoid and what about the salt please help me because my doctor didn't explain this?
I am 27yr old female. I suffer from hormonal imbalance. What should I do? and what diet should I take and what food should I avoid?
I am little fat and I have anterior pelvic tilt How to loose weight quickly and get rid of anterior pelvic tilt?
I am a bit overweight and this month my period was late. Is it because of my weight? Or I should go for other tests?
I am a diabetic, taking 500 mgs glycomate morning one and evening one. I am a vegetarian. I am not having sufficient energy to attend my day to day work.
Thought I'd write a little update! 7 weeks post op today. I had a go at hoovering, and mopping on Sunday morning. Unfortunately had to quickly dry floor with towel as visitors appeared. The foot swings trying to dry floor put me back a little, could barely walk in evening. However have recovered.
Are you aware of the procedure called hymenorrhaphy and the benefits that are associated with it? It is a surgical procedure that aims at repairing the hymen by stitching it back. It is referred to as hymen reconstruction, but is not a part of conventional gynecological care. It is considered to be more of a form of plastic surgery. Women undergoing this procedure do it so that the hymen bleeds after it is broken during sexual intercourse.
- Hymenorrhaphy is a non invasive procedure which is performed under local anesthesia, along with sedation.
- Sometimes, general anesthesia may also be required depending on the patient’s condition.
- The surgery starts with the excision of the torn hymen edges.
- Commonly, a hymen reconstruction is performed following three ways.
- Sewing of the torn skin, which makes up the hymen’s secondary layer, making the hymen look intact.
- The placement of an artificial membrane without any blood supply that acts as an artificial hymen. A gelatin capsule containing a substance resembling blood is placed here.
- The placement of a flap taken from the vaginal lining for creating a hymen that is fully functional, along with blood supply. This acts as a restored hymen.
- Patients undergoing the second form of hymenorrhaphy should avoid having sexual intercourse for three months after the procedure.
- Dissolvable sutures are used during the procedure so that the patient does not have to visit a clinic to get them removed.
Results and benefits
The hymen, referred to as the virgin’s veil, breaks during sexual intercourse. It can also break or lacerate because of other factors like physical exercise, sports injuries, diseases, tampon use, or masturbation.
- The most common benefits or the reasons why women undergo a hymenorrhaphy are as follows:
- For serving as a sign of virginity before an intended marriage, which is needed in several cultures.
- For help with healing in women who have suffered sexual assault of some form. The procedure provides emotional and psychological relief to the affected woman.
- For repairing a hymen that is torn because of some kind of injury.
- Women considering undergoing a hymenorrhaphy for restoring their virginity should keep in mind the recovery period that follows the procedure. It is advised to women to undergo the procedure within a period of three months before getting married.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!