Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. PallaviYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I really get tired by doing a little hard work and I feel weaknesses in my body why is it so please reply.
Homeopathy is a slow form of treatment, but is has negligible side effects. This makes it safer to self medicate with light doses of homeopathy than an antibiotic. Homeopathy can be used for first aid, to fight common infections and as general constitutional remedies.
Here are a few common homeopathic medicines you should keep at home.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica can be safely used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, a loss of appetite, depression and migranes. The ideal dosage for nux vomica depends on the age of the patient, their overall health and several other conditions. Nux vomica can also be used to cure a hangover.
- Aconite: When taken at the onset of a cold, aconite can stop the virus from progressing further. Aconite can also be used for joint pain, gout, inflammations and to speed up the healing of wounds. Apart from the pill form, aconite can also be used as a cream.
- Arnica: If you have kids at home, arnica is a must have. It is the most common homeopathic remedy for bruising, accidents, injuries and shocks. It can also be used to treat arthritis and the pain that follows dental work and jet lag. Arnica can also be used to promote hair growth. Depending on its use, arnica can be used in the form of pills, cream or oils.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is an ointment that should be kept in every kitchen. It is the most effective anti inflammatory cream to treat burns of any kind. When a burn is treated with cantharis, it leaves minimal scars. It can also be used to treat urinary tract infections. Cantharis is usually used as a cream.
- Magnesia phosphoric: This is a must have for women. It can be used to treat any form of cramps including menstrual cramps. It can also be used to treat tiredness, headaches, nerve pain, insomnia and to help a person relax. Magnesia phosphoric is usually prescribed in the form of homeopathic pills.
- Rhus tox: Rhus tox is a common homeopathic remedy for muscle sprains and bruising. It is also beneficial for people suffering from back aches, arthritis, sciatica and body aches associated with the flu. Rhus tox is usually found in the form of homeopathic pills.
One should not do any type of self medication, however, you should check with your homeopathic practitioner about the dosage and frequency of consumption. Do not take it for granted that homeopathy has no side effects and take a more intense dose than required. Also store these medicines properly. Ideally, homeopathic medicine should be stored in a cool place without direct exposure to sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
I doctor I'm 39 yes old female and a bit overweight. Can you suggest some basic tips in diet and exercise to be normal.
I am doing exercises many times but my belly fat I think remains the same please suggest me a heavy way to reduce it fast. Also I do not get my mensuration on time every month it'll be after 15 or after 2months give me a proper way to make it regular because after it cm I face painful menses pls suggest.
Hello doctors, Please tell me the rough cost of laparoscopy surgery or any other surgery to open my tubes in faridabad. As my Hsg test showed both tube is blocked at corneal end (one is partial blocked and other is completely blocked). And also I am financially weak so suggest me best advice. I also had my first pregnancy miscarriage in march 2015 and after that no success. So please help me by giving your best advice.
I am 20 year male, I am suffering from severe nausea over 3 years. While eating. I could not eat though am hungry. I feel like vomiting but am not actually. By this am in under weight. Kindly help me.
• Conditions which cause increased pressure on veins around the anus:
• Chronic constipation
• The weight of the foetus and increase in blood flow during pregnancy
• Heavy weight-lifting jobs
• Excessive consumption of spices and condiments
Natural home remedy using radish:
1. Crush 1 radish
2. Add some milk to make a thick paste
3. Mix well
4. Apply around the anal opening
5. Wash off after 15 min
6. Repeat 2 times a day
Natural home remedy using cumin seeds:
1. Take 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
2. Add water to make a thick paste
3. Mix well
4. Apply on the affected area
5. Leave for 15 min
6. Wash off with water
7. Do this 2 times a day
Natural home remedy using ginger and mint leaves:
1. Crush some ginger (1 inch piece) and make a paste
2. Crush a handful of mint leaves and make a paste
3. Take 1 tsp ginger paste
4. Add 2 tsp mint leaves' paste
5. Mix well
6. Press the paste on a sieve and extract its juice
7. Add 2 tsp lemon juice to it
8. Add 1 tsp honey
9. Mix well
10. Consume 2 times a day
Hello Sir, Good DayMy self sheesh (male) age 24.5 and some times I feel that I'm suffering from asthma. Before I was suffered a lot with nose running and some doctors told me that you have sines but by a local doctors treatment I found myself well from nose running. But the major problem now is the asthma type breath problem for a certain time and some times tonsils put me in danger zone. Rest all ok. I humbly request you to guide me that as a small age I can recover myself in such a ways and stay fit. Hope you get my problem. Thanking you in anticipation. Best RgdsSheesh.
Being a lady, shopping is my favourite task. I love to shop whether its clothes, jewellery, bags, shoes, home furnishing products or my daughter's stationary items. I am pretty sure 99 % of the women love to do that. But being a medical nutritionist and a mother, I am very cautious while purchasing the grocery. As every time with the change in season, cold, cough, flu become the common ailments as immune system of people is very weak these days because of the improper diets and unscheduled eating habits. I take charge that my family should not be affected by choosing right food for them. I will share some of the magical food items which all of you must include in your respective shopping lists, whenever you are going for the next purchase.
1. Citrus fruits
Vitamin c increases the production of white blood cells in the body which are responsible to fight against infections. Our body does not produce or store it, so it is really essential to include citrus fruits in the diet as almost all of them contain vitamin c. Some common examples are:
It is a super food packed with minerals, vitamins such as vitamin a, c and e and many antioxidants. The best way to serve this healthy veggie is to cook it as little as possible and keep the nutrients packed.
3. Red bell peppers
Red bell peppers have vitamin c double the amount of citrus fruits which help in maintaining healthy skin and the beta carotene in them keeps both the eyes as well as skin healthy.
4. Ginger garlic
These are the most commonly used ingredients in the indian cuisine and along with the taste, they add infection fighting properties to the food. Garlic helps in lowering the blood pressure and ginger help controlling the cold in taking place in first instance itself.
5. Green tea
I always recommend green tea to everyone and it is an inseparable part of my daily regime. Not only it aids weight loss but also produce germ fighting compounds because of the presence of flavonoids.
6. Sunflower seeds
Winter season is very famous for its love for sarson (sunflower.) these seeds are packed with vitamin e which is responsible for fighting and maintaining immune system. It is full of nutrients like phosphorous, magnesium and vitamin b-6.
I include 10 soaked almonds in my morning routine because of the presence of the key to healthy immune system in it named as vitamin e.
Next time you go for shopping grocery, buy all these things as limiting yourself to only one of them won't make any difference. The variety and combinations of all of them will keep your immune system strong and your body healthy.
Sir how to be active for the whole day. What diet should be followed to be active for the whole. Like what was the sleeping time, wake up time and what time food has to be eat. What are the timing for the diet ?
I am 63 years old male, a diabetic and bp patient since 15 years, a veggie, drink daily around 240 ml of liquor, walk at least 7 km, but I don't get erection, if I take sildlefinile citrate I get erection, but my wife of 59 years will not oblige, what can I give her to be active, please advise.
How to gain weight I am 20 years old male am masturbating from my 14 years old but still am in 52 kg weight and my height is 177 cm so what can I do is masturbation causes to get weight? I am so sad so please answer me quickly.
Indian summer vegetable - Snake gourd (chichinda, padval)
The snake gourd (chichinda, padval), also known as chinese cucumber.
Snake gourd is a natural antibiotic, expectorant, and laxative. It can disperse phlegm, remove pus, expel toxic matter and is anti-inflammatory. It creates a cooling effect in the body. It is useful in correcting disorders, processes of nutrition and it restores the normal function of the system. Snake gourd helps stimulate the production of body fluids, relieving dryness. The plant is particularly useful in checking night sweating during the active phase of tuberculosis of the lungs.
Snake gourd is the best household remedy for heart problems. The juice of the fresh leaves is useful in heart disorders like palpitation and pain in the heart on physical exertion.
What are things that are rich in dietary fibres for veg persons. What should a man take the fibrous food during meals.
How can I increase my overall physic. What routine and diets should I follow to make my physic better at faster rate.
I am eating food properly but its not a work in a body. I am not sure what else can I do. Pls help me.
From last 2 years my weight has lose 70 kg to 60 kg how I can increase my weight at what should i do
Exercising outdoors is always fun and refreshing for the body. It de-stresses the mind and increases energy in the body. Most people prefer outdoors workout due to the pleasant weather. There are many advantages of working out outdoors but you need to follow some tips to make sure your workouts are injury free.
Here are 4 tips to make your workouts safe:
- Warm Up: Warming up before you begin your workout is very essential to a safe workout. A good warm up increases your heart rate and improves your blood circulation. It also improves the mobility of your joints, thus reducing the risk of injury. A sample warm up may consist of shoulder rotations, jogging in place, bodyweight squats and burpees.
- Stretch: Stretching after your workout is essential for injury free joints. Stretching helps to ease the tension in your muscles and allows greater range of motion. Blood circulation also improves along with reducing soreness in your muscles. It lengthens the muscles and allows it to return to its natural position, thus improving posture of the body. Stretches are either classified as static and dynamic. Static stretches are stretches which are held for a fixed period whereas dynamic stretches involve moving through various postures.
- Limit Sun Exposure: Make sure you are not over exposed to the rays of the sun. This may lead to various skin complications such as sunburns, tanning and even skin cancer. Too much sun exposure may increase free radicals in the skin, leading to various skin disorders. Apply a sunscreen before you head out as this will protect your skin. Wear proper gear such as caps and full sleeved clothing to protect your body from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Wear the Right Footwear: If you love running on roads, then you need to take special care in selecting your footwear. Running on roads without proper cushioning may increase your risk of injuries such as shin splints and other calf injuries.