Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. P.SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 53 years old .for me diabetic and blood pressure is there in normal condition .Iam using a penegra 100. Kindly help me naturally how can get power with out medicine.
Heyy. I just want to know how to reduce my body weight and to take my body into well shape. And suggest me a well balanced diet.
Can you suggest me the basic foods that are to be had and avoided for reducing weight. And also muscle fat. Mi have arm fat and thigh fat more. Please suggest?
I'm 22 year old but I look like 18 year old. I look very underage. My face is very small and I'm underweight. My weight is only 50. I want to improve my health and I want to look according my age. And I want also a wider face. What should I do?
Sir I want to increase my weight. Now my age is 23 but the weight is 53 kg and so is any suggestions to increase weight please tell me as soon as possible.
I am 62 year old male and have type 2 diabetes. How many cups of coffee should I drink to get the best of it? I already take Amaryl 2/500 (two every day).
Mere uncle ka pett bahot nikla hua hai aur wo dhire dhire bahot mote hote ja rahe hai aur unka age 60 hai aur weight 98 kg hai kya unka laser operation ho sakta hai agar ha to pls koi ache doctor ka contact no de kya unka laser operation ho sakta hai agr ha to pls reply kare.
Is it good drink milk mixed with boost, Horlick,born Vita etc. Or raw milk is good. Does milk effect serotonin in good way if mixed boost or born Vita etc.
All of us at some point in our life crave to have the body that we had a few years earlier. We are constantly looking for weight loss tips. If the problem is not very big, we feel losing just 3-4 kgs will help us get to the place we want. Some time weight loss tips are needed for medical purposes too. You never know when that extra weight may become a cause of health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, heart ailments and even metabolic disorders.
Weight Loss Tips:
1. Increase soluble and insoluble fibre intake -
Insoluble fibre is the roughage derived from vegetables, fruits and bran, whereas soluble fibre like pectin is derived from oats, apple peels and guava. Both types of fibre are equally helpful in obtaining optimum health and achieve weight loss goals.
Fibre helps in weight loss by filling up the space, bringing satiety and still providing lesser calories than 90% of other foods in the world. So next time you feel hungry, grab a cucumber or carrot or tomato instead of reaching out for biscuits and chips. Raw carrots, radish and tomatoes have special enzymes that keep metabolism up. You can also increase your fibre intake by mixing bran to your regular wheat flour. And using non-sieved flour. Avoid the use of refined flours. Substitute white rice with brown rice.
2. Drink warm water 4-5 times a day -
Warm water helps in better digestion and keeping the metabolic rate elevated. Drink 4-5 glasses of warm water specially after your meals. Add lemon / cardamom / saunf for taste. These items further increase rate of weight loss.
3. Cut down on whole milk and curd -
Whole milk and curds made of whole milk have some percentage of fat in it. The best way to enjoy these foods, even when on diet is to have the milk in skimmed form and dilute the curds and make buttermilk / chaas out of it. You can take upto 3-4 glasses of chaas in a day, it will not only keep you hydrated and help in weight loss, but it will also provide you with quality protein and calcium.
4. Substitute your rice and roti (chapatti/breads) with oats and dalia (broken wheat) -
It all comes down to your routine. If a person who is used to eating more of rice or more of chapatti in day to day life, gives up on it and substitutes it with items like oats and broken wheat, the body automatically starts losing weight in order to adapt to the new changes. It might be tough for some people, but it the best way to eat as much as you want and still lose weight. For better results add a lot of veggies to your oats and daliya preparations.
5. Half a teaspoon of lemon juice or amla (indian gooseberry) powder -
Both these are good sources of vitamin c. These foods ensure that your immunity stays intact and enough antioxidants are provided to the body in order to take care of metabolic wastes. They help in weight loss by elevating the metabolic rate. Read – lemon water for weight loss
6. Increase your liquid intake -
You must have seen a lot of people who keep dieting and feel weak or they look dull and tired at all times. This is because while fat is being burnt, a lot of metabolic wastes accumulate in the body, causing stress, hence one must increase liquid intake. You can add plenty of plain water, infused water, buttermilk / chaas, warm water with lemon, amla juice and vegetable juices. These liquids ensure increased urination and hence wastes can be eliminated from the body.
7. Have lighter dinners -
The most helpful weight loss tip is substituting your regular dinner with a glass of milk with lots of fruits.
The weight loss and weight gain industry is not regulated in India. It is up to you to choose a safe and trustworthy weight management program. Here are some "red flags" that may tell you that a program does not meet your health needs:
- Promises fast weight-loss (more than one kilogram (two pounds) per week).
- Recommends a very low calorie diet plan (below 800 calories) per day) without medical supervision.
- Tries to make you dependent on their company by selling you products such as foods or supplements rather than teaching you how to make good choices from regular grocery store food.
- Does not encourage long term realistic lifestyle changes, including regular exercise and a healthy diet that suits your lifestyle and health.
- Employs salespeople who act as "counselors", but are only trained on the program and the company’s products and not on healthy approaches to help you change your behaviour to help you lose weight.
- Requires you to sign a long term, expensive contract.
- Pressures you to sign up right away by offering a "special price".
- Does not tell you about risks that may go along with weight loss or their specific program (for example: if you have diabetes and take prescription medication, it may affect you differently after you lose weight).
- Promotes weight loss aids like starch blockers, fat-burners, herbs, supplements or amino acids that have not been scientifically proven to have any health benefits. Talk to a dietitian or other health professional to find out this information.
- Does not offer support or follow-up to help you lose weight and keep it off.
In general, if it sounds too good or too easy to be true, it probably is.
The problem is my roommate , getting fatter day by day. We cannot figure out what could be the reason. Whilst other girls here in the hostel are getting thinner due to the improper food and hygiene, she on the other hand is gaining weight and has become 10 times fatter than what she was when she came to Asansol, here in the hostel, last year. It has been 1 year. Please give me tips on how to reduce or lose weight within only a few weeks. What to eat and what not to? Will it just be okay if she drinks a lot of water and minimizes the quantity of food by a considerable amount?
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.