Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. P.SinghYour feedback matters!
My son is 1 years old and his weight is 8.2 kgs. His birth weight was 3.1. He is too much underweight. I am give all solid foods and also high calorie food but still his weight gain is very poor. Though he os very active and also started walking but pls help me as he look like he is 8 month baby due underweight. What can I do to increase his weight.
I am worry about my health because my weight is only 50 kg and I am weak. I wish to join in gym,it will better or not?
My height is almost 6 foot and my weight is 58 kg. I feel weakness myself after my marriage. I take 1/2 kg milk with ashwagandha powder daily. But I want quick result for good health and power. Give me valuable advice.
I am nearly 67 yrs and weigh 134 kgs. Over last 40 yrs have been gaining 1-2 kgs every year. I take 30- 45 mts walk 4-5 days a week. Do regular yoga Pranayam. Vegetarian, Keep on a diet of 1500 cal. Except daily 50 mg thyroxine take occasional 100 mg ecosprin when feel breathless. Life Style: Little business, mostly at home. Sleep at 10.00 PM daily and wake around 3.00 am Not diabetic. What to do to correct overweight to below 100 Kgs by the end of 2015.
Is it ok to sleep after lunch in the afternoon for 1-2 hrs. Will I put on weight if I take a 1-2 hrs nap in the afternoon?
My new born not gaining much weight, doctor asked to give top feed, after top feed 2 times a day 90 ml, weight gain is around 20 gms per day, now doctor has asked to give 60 ml after each breast feed. She has vomited twice after doing so. She is 3.3 kg after one month, birth weight was 3.125. Baby is active and has no other issues apart from weight gain. Should we give so much top feed? Is it safe for baby?
My mother (age 52 yrs) being a diabetic patient use to take medicines (tablets) for it since a long time and subsequently shifted to insulin injections shots twice a day of 12 mm in morning and 10 mm in evening However, now she has stopped taking insulin since last 2-3 months (mainly due to pain caused by the injections) and shifted back to her earlier tablets and also try ayurvedic methods like chewing insulin plant leaves and likewise. Though she is not regular with these homemade ayurvedic measures, her diabetics has been little down now from 300-350 level (when she use to take insulin injections) to current 250 level. Now from last 2-3 weeks she is having pain in her right knee which is getting severe resulting in sleepless nights. Doctors referral has ruled out any fracture and have simply advised her to loose some weight (though her weight is actually average) and apply massage oil on it. Need some concrete advice to subside her pain. Thanks in advance.
I was suffering from dehydration for 2-3 weeks and that is 3 months back after that I didn't recovered fully my body gets tired easily what can be reason for this tiredness if I climb 5-6 steps I get tired easily which was not there previous I use to gym but after his dehydration I didn't even went to gym.
I always feel tired and drain out in the afternoon. I feel stress and my eyes dull with dark circles. Please help me get rid of this situation.
I am mother to 7 months baby. After delivery I lost my colour .day by day I am loosing fairness no glow in face .n my weight is very good .but my hands are thin .i want to gain fat in my hands .pls suggest me thank you.
Our body is made of 60% water that is divided into an extra and intracellular fluid. When the body is deprived of water due to any reason, there is severe electrolyte imbalance in the body causing muscle cramps,sagging off skin, weight loss etc and if corrective measures are not taken,this could be life threatening too. To overcome this,first and foremost try drinking water at regular intervals. Ors or any home based beverages should have salt and sugar for better absorption of the electrolyte. One can also have coconut water, fresh lime juice or kokum.have moisture rich veggies and fruits like cucumber, water or musk melon ,juicy fruits. One can also serve curd or dal rice,thin porridge with added salt and sugar. Ensure not to eat too many sugary foods as it could lead to diarrhoea and further loss of body fluids. Elderly,young kids are especially prone to dehydration. People who work in hot weather,who sweat a lot and diabetic patient are in particular at risk of dehydration.
I am 17 years old student and I am suffering from fat or Heavy weight so I want to know about that how can I decrease my weight?
Hi, I am 25 years old here, My height is 6 feet and weight is 65 kg. I feel I am underweight and I am an vegetarian .please suggest me some foods how I can increase my body weight and look physically fit. Please help.
I need to buy a blood glucose monitor at home for monitoring diabetes. Which is the best painless device available?
It is often said that 75% of fitness and overall health comes from the diet a person maintains. ‘You are what you eat’ is something quite true. There are so many people who put in such a large amount of effort while exercising, but a lack of prudence, when it comes to their diet, happens to be their undoing. So, let’s get some ideas on how to eat healthy food and lose weight without much effort.
- Lemon love: One of the small but meaningful improvements that a person may bring in his or her diet is the inclusion of lemons. It may seem simple, but to increase metabolism of the body and to detoxify your liver, it is pretty important to have lime water regularly. All you need to do is squeeze a few lemons in three litres of water, and drink it on a daily basis.
- Read the fine print: Spending a little time making sure the food that you eat is what it seems is something which can pay massive dividends. So, when out shopping, it makes a lot of sense to look at the table on the box, which features the nutritional information, rather than taking the label on the front at face value. You never know, the food that is marketed to be ‘diet food’ need not necessarily be as healthy as it is made out to be. Quite contradictory, isn’t it?
- Splurge on salads: Many people happen to associate weight loss with salads and there is a good reason for them doing this. As a matter of fact, if a big lunch is replaced with a salad, there are multiple easy benefits such as low calorie content, high fibre intake etc. In order to make the salad tasty, there is a range of things which can be added to it. For example, nuts and avocado, both of which have health benefits. What can be better when taste and health are being added in one fell swoop?
- Make friends with green tea: Green tea is considered one of the best drinks that helps in accelerating your metabolism. Research shows having four cups of green tea every day will help you lose weight up to almost 2.7 kgs within 2 months. Therefore, if you want to lose weight effectively, say goodbye to your hot cup of coffee today and shake hands with green tea.
- Control your cravings: Avoiding binge eating is crucial in order to stay healthy. After all, who wants all the effort and care put into exercise and correct eating to be wasted, just because of a temporary departure from rationality? Well, as long as a person eats at regular times and does not allow too much of a gap between meals, this should not be a problem.
In short, a person does not have to make very radical changes or alteration to the diet he or she is on in order to be able to enjoy a good health.