Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Neha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 23 year old I'm a farmer. M kheat me hard work krta hu par fir bhe m bohot mota hota ja raha hu Mare hight 5 feet 9 inch h or 90kg please help me.
Her height is short less than 5 feet and her body is thin and her weight is 41 but her hips are fatty and Chubby she wants to decrease her hips fat how can she do it is there any medicine?
Dear Dr. I'm felling very tired when I wake up at morning. I'm only 19 year old. Why this happens on me.
Seems like every day you hear some nutritional advice either in the media or from friends. Maybe you are reminded of an old wives’ tale that your mother or grandmother told you. Many people just believe everything they hear or read. Let’s separate fact from fiction.
Myth: - A Zero fat diet is excellent
Fact: - No, Some amount of fat is necessary
Myth: - Cholesterol containing foods are the only culprits
Fact: - No, Saturated fats also increase blood cholesterol. The two together have additive effects
Myth: - Only oils need to be cut down
Fact: - No, A total change to a healthy dietary lifestyle is also necessary
Myth: - Plenty of vegetable oils are good
Fact: - No, Moderation in their use must be exercised
Myth: - Safflower and sunflower oils can be taken as much as you want.
Fact: - No, Excess of these oils can decrease “good” cholesterol
Myth: - Vegetable oils do not have cholesterol
Fact: - Yes, But vegetable Oils consumed in excess can cause an increase in total fat intake. Too much of fat in the diet increases blood cholesterol.
Myth: - Starvation and rapid decrease in body weight are good
Fact: - No, Body weight reduction should be gradual, starvation is not the solution
Myth: - One meal a day is good for body weight reduction
Fact: - No, Frequent and small meals are far better.
Myth: - Alcohol is good for the heart
Fact: - No, Alcohol does not increase “good” cholesterol.
Myth: - Only plain sugar increase blood sugar levels
Fact: - No, All carbohydrates can increase blood sugar. Refined foods and sugar increase blood glucose rapidly.
Myth: - Only fat people need to worry
Fact: - No, Even individuals who are normal in weight can have higher body fat and blood lipids.
Myth: - Only vigorous exercises are good.
Fact: - No, Even a long brisk walk will help very much.
I have very low energy level round the day even I don't feel like getting up in the morning. Please suggest.
2. Drink plenty of water - if you want to get rid of your belly, then drink sufficient amount of water every day. Drinking water, after regular intervals will help to boost your metabolism and remove toxins from your body.
3. Eat raw garlic - chew 2 - 3 cloves of garlic every morning, and drink a glass of lemon water after that. This treatment will double up your weight loss process and make your blood circulation smooth in your body.
4. Use spices, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper - spice up your cooking. Use spices like cinnamon, ginger and black pepper in your cooking. These spices are loaded with health benefits. They help to improve your insulin resistance and reduce levels of sugar in your blood. This burns more calories and contributes to weight loss and reduces type2 diabetes.
5. Oats - it not only tastes great but also reduces your hunger. Oats contains fiber which helps and stabilises the level of cholesterol. Daily consumption of oatmeal helps prevent obesity and issues of excess weight gain.
6. Apples - apples are enriched with powerful antioxidants and other supplements. Most importantly it contains pectin which helps to reduce the fat cells in the body.
7. Green chilli - it contains capsaicin which helps to develop the body growth cells and burns the calories in quick time.
8. Honey - honey is the best one to burn fat. Add honey in warm water and take it daily in the early morning.
9. Green tea - it is the most effective one which helps you to lose weight. It contains antioxidants which helps in stabilizing our body weight. Take daily cups of tea for a better results.
10. Tomatoes - it helps us to burn the fat in quick time. It also helps us to stay away from cancer. So take tomatoes in your diet regularly.
11. Dark chocolate - it contains flavonoids, anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood. It boosts the growth of serotonin in the blood and also burns the fat.
12. Eggs - eggs are the rich sources of proteins and low in calories. Eggs help us to build the muscles and develops the good cholesterol.
13. Wheat grass - it boosts our metabolism and helps to reduce the fat.
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.
I am suffering nerve weakness .just I think only not sure. I am having body pains and havy strain any work doing ,not sleeping, digestion problems, dull Ness, premature ejection.
How can I increase my weight and in how much time I will increase my weight Is I will increase my weight in 1 month please give me solution.
Is it good to drink water stored in copper utensil in the night approx 1.25 ltr daily? water stored in copper shall have any side effect like anxiety? kindly guide me.
According to my height my weight is 20 kg less, kindly say me what to have food to increase my weight.
Gd afternoon sir, my question is about my friend. She is 23 years old, 5' 5" height and weight only 49 kgs and she is too slim and underweight. Her breasts size is too small and not attractive so. She has no interest on proper eating. So please give me some valuable tips to enlarge her breast size and gaining healthy weight. Thanks.
Sir I am diabetes patient, my penis is not hard this is weak for 2 minute. My body is not produce semen. I am erectile dysfunction problem please suggestion me.
Heart disease doesn't affect all women in the same way and neither does it have the same warning signs as heart diseases in men. For women, heart disease is a bigger threat than breast cancer. Cardiovascular diseases also kill more women than men as the disease progresses differently in men and women. Here are a few things you should know about heart diseases.
Women have more atypical symptoms of heart attacks: The classic symptoms of heart attacks are pain in the left arm, chest pain and heart palpitations. Though women may exhibit these symptoms, they are more likely to have atypical symptoms. These include nausea, stomach aches, pain in the shoulders and upper back and extreme fatigue.
Preeclampsia and gestational diabetes can increase risks of heart disease: Even though your blood pressure may go back to normal and conditions like preeclampsia or gestational diabetes may go away post pregnancy, their effects linger on. The risk of heart disease for a woman who suffered from preeclampsia doubles while gestational diabetes can cause glucose intolerance leading to obesity or other such conditions which are risk factors for heart diseases.
Hot flashes could be a sign of heart problems: Hot flashes are usually associated with menopause but may also be a symptom of underlying heart problems. Hot flashes that occur after a exerting a strenuous effort on something can be a sign of angina in women.
Men and women do not face equal risks: Traditional risks to heart diseases such as cholesterol, obesity and high blood pressure affect both men and women but some factors such as diabetes, stress, depression and smoking affect women more than they affect men. Since women tend to lead a more sedentary lifestyle than men, a lack of exercise also affects them more than it affects men. In addition, a low level of estrogen can also increase the risk of cardiovascular conditions. This is usually seen after menopause.
Metabolic syndrome increase your risk of getting a stroke:
There are five metabolic risk factors for heart disease. If you have 3 or more of them, it is termed as metabolic syndrome. These risk factors are:
- A waist circumference of more than 35". This is also called abdominal obesity
- A triglyceride level higher than 150 mg/dL
- A low level of good cholesterol i.e. HDL cholesterol that is less than 50mg/dL
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar. This could also be a sign of diabetes.
While some factors like genetics are out of our control, most of these factors can be controlled by conscious lifestyle changes. Your doctor may also prescribe medication for the same. Heart disease can occur at any time so do not take your heart for granted.