Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Sweta
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. SwetaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I want to reduce my belly fat from tmy N thigh area so I am doing yoga and taking warm water with honey N lemon I just want to ask that after taking warm water with honey N lemon how much time I have to wait for my breakfast. I am giving half N hour is that is OK or not. Pls suggest and reply. Thanks and regards.
Which is ideal diabetic medicine I am having diabetes since last 16 years I am having Galvus Met 50/500 mg twice daily. Please advise.
I am a hosteller, so by default food is never good. I have lost my wt. In recent yrs. My ht. Is 5.4' and wt. 54 kgs. I don't want to lose wt. Any further. But I also want a healthy body which requires both exercise and good food. Should I continue to exercise or stop it?
Hi. I am 24 years plus female and I weigh abt 82 kgs and my height is 5.4 .i jst want to lose weight but not in a hurry or in a way that I don't harm my body by doing excessive diet or exercise. How much should one run in a day as a beginner. Also, wat kind of food shud I hav before starting my run. Pls suggest some other means. Also, what not to do after a run. Thnx, Kanika.
I eat to much food but I don't get fat I'm a naturally skinny guy please help me to get fat on my body.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised.