Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. SwetaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I am feeling like I am lack of calcium too much and I am facing problem of bone density. Is there is any way that my bones can fill up again with the calcium and I can leave normally.
Dr. Doc mam $sir I am asking you for diet chart for 7 days which can help me to reduce my weight from last 3 days but I didn't got the proper response so I reqst you all once again to send me my diet plan.
4 Reasons you SHOULD have your meals with ghee
Full of nutrients, ghee or clarified butter comes with an assortment of health benefits. Despite its vast nutrient content, most people avoid ghee, believing that it is fattening. This is in fact not entirely true! Here’s why you should consider adding a dollop of ghee to your meals.
1. Good for your brain: Ghee is an excellent source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, which help in the proper functioning of your brain and nervous system. Furthermore, these fats can also decrease your risk of getting brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Strengthens your immunity: Ghee is rich in nutrients like CLA and K2 that give it its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also, the presence of these nutrients helps ghee in strengthening your immune system so as to keep diseases at bay.
Additionally, several studies show that the butyric acid (acid that helps in controlling metabolism) content of ghee also helps in fortifying your immune system as it enables the creation of killer T cells (a type of white blood cells) in the stomach.
3. Promotes weight loss: Contrary to popular belief, the inclusion of ghee in your diet can also help in reducing fat cells in your body, leading to loss of weight. It does so by improving the functioning of your gall bladder, so that the bile that is produced is able to break down the fats that are digested. As your meals get easily digested, your body’s metabolism levels also increase significantly.
Moreover, it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) that are responsible for augmenting your body’s metabolic processes. Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
4. Helps in digestion: Ghee regulates the secretion of stomach acid, which gives you a stronger appetite, while helping you to properly digest your food. Furthermore, when added to foods like khichdi or puran poli, it could help you to digest these better. If you suffer from low levels of butyric acid production, it can significantly perk up your butyric acid production by improving the functioning of your digestive tract. Butyric acid is highly important as it strengthens the walls of your intestines, while being an energy source for your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I want to loose my weight. I need a proper diet for that. Please tell me what should I eat and what to avoid?
I am 27 year old married girl. I am feeling very weakness and low all throughout the day since last one month. I have tried on home remedies as well as health drinks also, but no improvement till now. What should I do now. Please help.
Hi sir, madam can you please tell me healthy tips for these summer, what type food and drinks or juices have been taken can you please guide the healthy tips for best health conditions.
I am 18 years old boy and suffering from low energy problem. All the time I feel less energy in my body. I have consulted a doctor before but the reports are positive. So what should I do now?
Sir, I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kg to 85 kga. I want to lose weight please help.
I am 23 year old. I feel tried in doing any work in very less time and feel weakness. What should I do.
I am 70 yrs old female. I have diabetes. What should be my blood sugar level during the time of fasting?
you knw sir increasing weight is common problem now a days. I delt wid same 1 nw how vill I lose my weight sir?
Does amino acid and whey protein cause any problem in blood? I want to get mh class 1 medicals done. My blood test each and every report should ne normal. So does amino acid and whey protein cause any problem?
I am 28 years old. I have one baby boy. My weight is 86 kgs. How to loss my weight. How to reduce my stomach. Please suggest some diet chart. I have one problem that is hormonal imbalance. Irregular periods.
Stomach problems are one of the most common issues you face. Irrespective of what your age is, it is highly likely that you have an upset stomach once in while. A stomach upset has a distinguishable characteristic - that stomach linings as well as the small and large intestines tend to swell. This is called inflammation. The following are the most common causes of an upset stomach.
Viruses are the most common causes of an upset stomach. It is highly likely that your stomach upset is because of a virus since there are so many types of them.
2. Parasites or bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli
This is also a very common cause of stomach upset. Salmonella infections are usually caused by eating raw eggs, meat and meat products whereas Escherichia coli infections come from raw vegetables as well as milk and dairy products.
3. Allergic reactions
These happen very specifically to people who have a reaction to a certain type of food.
4. Excess alcohol
Most people think that alcohol will only make you pass out or get liver cirrhosis. Many people do not know that alcohol can actually adversely affect your stomach as well.
5. Excess caffeine
Caffeine is also dangerous to your stomach as taking too much of it can cause a stomach upset.
6. Fatty foods
Fatty foods such as cheese, dark chocolates, whole eggs, fatty fish, etc. are dangerous because they are harder to digest than many other types of food. This means that eating even a small amount of fatty foods are enough to cause a stomach upset sometimes.
7. Eating too much
This is also a major cause of stomach upset simply because your stomach can only digest a certain amount of food.
You must also be able to distinguish when you have a stomach infection and when you have Chron's disease as it is basically a chronic stomach upset. Chron's disease causes the whole digestive tract to be inflamed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.