Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. SwetaYour feedback matters!
She is 42 years old. She has mechanical MVR surgery in 2006. 12 days ago she had left MCA stroke. ICA, MCA Blocked. Now she is completely fine. What she should INR kept?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight, please help.
Hello sir, I am 27 years old. But now also I can't eat well and also can't sleep well. Please give me a good solution for this.
Is liposuction to get rid of excess fat about 8 kgs. Is harmful? do you have to go through any surgery? hospitalization is require? if safe please suggest best center doing this procedure. Thanks.
My weight is 74 kgs and I am 20 years old and my height is 171cms so how can I reduce my weight to get a fit body ?
Since I have type2 diabetics, there is a prostate slight prostrate enlargement. Also problem with erection. (i am 64 yrs).
Hello doctor my age 21 running my height is 5'6" and thin personality I have improve my height and weight in short time that's how can I improve it.
I am 20 years old. And i am thin not getting fat on body. Even i am eating good energy food for better health kindly told me what should I do?
I am 23 years old now After delivery my weight is increasing. I am 164cm height and weighs 76kg. Plzz give me an ideal weight loss plan.
I want to ask that whether or not I am overweight. If I am, then tell me the ways to reduce the extra weight.
Hi Dr, I'm very thin compare to my friend he is 1 year younger then me but he is fat I mean perfect but I'm very thin I wanna gain body so please give some suggestions.
Doctor Is omega 3 tablet's are helpful to increase my weight? Will you please suggest me some food items to increase weight? Is playing badminton will decrease my weight?
What should the diet chart to avoid obesity. Her age is 56 years and weight 98 kilos. Question is for my aunt Rakhi Gupta.
The perineum is the area between the vagina and the anus. This fragile area plays a significant role in the female reproductive system. This is often intentionally or accidentally torn open to allow for the normal delivery of the baby. This needs to be repaired meticulously to ensure that the pelvic floor is safeguarded from further damage.
The pelvic floor contains multiple muscles and supporting tissues which help in keeping the vagina, rectum, uterus and supporting structures in their places. When these muscles become weak due to childbirth, ageing, perineal injury etc, the uterus, bladder and rectum loosen up and prolapse down.The most common problem that is encountered is urine and fecal incontinence, where the woman has difficulty holding urine and feces. Though not often discussed openly given the private nature of the topic, many women suffer from a weak pelvic floor. Read on to know some of the common causes, symptoms, and management measures.
- Chronic cough: The next time you cough for prolonged periods, notice how much pressure it puts on the pelvic area. This goes unnoticed, but chronic cough can weaken the pelvic floor muscles. It is not common for women to lose some urine during these long-drawn coughing spells.
- Chronic constipation: The pressure exerted during constipation weakens the pelvic floor, often leading to incontinence.
- Pregnancy and delivery: Most common cause of perineal injury, where the perineum is torn (accidentally or intentionally) to allow for easy passage of the baby. If it is not repaired meticulously, the pelvic floor is weakened.
Urinary incontinence is the most common symptom that women present to doctors with. However, there are minor symptoms which a woman would experience prior to reaching this stage. Most often, these are ignored, and only brought to doctor’s notice when symptoms become quite severe. If left unattended, there could be more severe repercussions too.
- A heavy feeling in the pelvic area, commonly referring to as a bearing down sensation, a feeling that the internal organs are going to pop out through the vagina
- A small lump that can be felt and/or seen at the vaginal opening
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder and/or bowel
- Pain or bleeding from the vagina or the rectum
- Recurrent pelvic and/or urinary tract infections
- Kegel exercises are often used to strengthen the pelvic floor. This is very effective if the problem is identified quite early.
- In more progressive cases, surgical repair is the most effective option. This not only corrects the prolapses but also helps boost confidence of the person, by correcting the incontinence problems and improving sexual experiences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.