Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shikha SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my grand ma is a diabetic patient with high bp. Previously she undergone open heart surgery. Sir, does coconut water good for her? If so how much quantity she may take, thanking you in advance.
Dear sir I think I have more weight as compare to my hight so please tell me is this true or false. And if it is true then give me suggestions to loose weight in less time. I can not control on eating I can not time to move in park So please give me ans very soon.
I am 50 years old. I am suffering a hiss sound in the left ear. Early morning it's high. Gradually it's become low. I haven't diabetes and hi BP. I am 95 kgs and 5.4 feet.
I am 78 years old When I think of venturing out of home there is urging to stool or I hear some bad news this repeated urging to stool occurs. I have done all type of treatment for years including homeopathy with zero result. I know this is a classical case for homeopaths. Would any doctor specially homeopath be kind enough to suggest any remedy?
I am 20 male I am very short and thin but my way I am working to BSF I want to tall and strong what should I do?
I eat food in the same quantity, as others but then also I am very thin friends use to call me skeleton please help.
Hi I am 22 yrs old. I was a big foodie. But am tryng to go on a diet now to reduce ma weight. Can you suggest me some diet food?
A stressful life increases the cortisol content in our body, which in turn is responsible for increasing our craving for food. Often these cravings are more inclined towards sweets. An increased sweet consumption worsens our mood and is responsible for an array of complications such as obesity, diabetes etc. On top of this, the cortisol releases an enzyme called cortisone, which further increases the cortisol content in the body. In order to avoid this complication which results from a stressful life, here is a diet that will keep you in good state:
- Asparagus: Asparagus has is an ideal low-calorie option. Its high folate content helps to keep the body cool and composed. Asparagus can be consumed with salads or in the form of crisp and broiled snacks. Regular intake of this will go a long way in keeping you healthy under stressful situations.
- Avocados: One single serving of avocado can do good to your body. This creamy fruit has enough glutathione to block intestinal absorption of many kinds of fat. Avocados are also rich in folate, vitamin B, vitamin E, lutein and beta carotene. However, owing to its fat content, too much intake of this fruit doesn’t prove to be very beneficial for the body. This can be consumed as a whole or along with sandwiches and burgers.
- Berries: All kinds of berries are extremely rich in vitamin C, which is known to be a very effective combat for stress. Blueberries are one of the best antioxidants that occur naturally. Apart from this, berries also have the unique ability to reduce cortisol in the body. 3-4 berries can be included in the diet to experience immediate results.
- Cashews: There are a lot of misconceptions about cashews contributing to fat. While they possess fat, they are a great source of protein as well. Cashew is a rich source of zinc that is responsible for combatting stress, depression and anxiety. 2-3 pieces of cashews can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect on the body. A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania showed that Chamomile tea greatly helps in fighting stress and has a calming effect on the body. A separate study by the University of Maryland Medical Center showed that Chamomile Tea helps in getting sleep.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in the body. Allicin is a critical compound found in garlic, which helps to fight against common cold, heart diseases and even cancer. Garlic also fights against stress and maintains calm. This can be consumed with your meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.