Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
1. Egg sandwich: eggs are a very healthy and nutritious choice for any meal. Egg sandwiches are compact as it provides carbohydrates from the bread, protein from eggs and vitamins and other essential nutrients from the vegetables and greek yogurt, which is used as a base. Opt for brown bread and your egg sandwich ends up being a healthy delightful dish you can happily gorge on.
2. Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and chapatti: chickpeas are very nutritious and they are also high in protein. Use them in a curry with vegetables like tomatoes, onions and such. Some chapatti along with this curry makes a healthy balanced meal.
3. Chicken stew: chicken stew is very healthy. Try having it with vegetables like capsicum and onions. A bowl of chicken stew is highly nutritious and healthy as well as helpful for weight loss.
4. Stir fry: a stir fry of carrots, beans, cabbage, peas and sesame seeds will do wonders for your health. Add a dash of lemon to make it tangy and tasty. This stir fry is very nutritious as it has an assortment of vegetables which provide you vitamins, minerals, amino acids and protein as well.
5. Berries and oatmeal: berries and oatmeal are helpful in losing weight. When you mix berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and other variety of berries you boost the fiber content of your oats dish, which in turn helps you lose weight. Further, adding berries to oatmeal is a great way to enhance the flavour of your meal. Adding berries will keep you energized, filled and not add to your waistline. A[art from berries, you can also add foods, such as almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, kiwi & pomegranate to your oatmeal lunch dish as they also help in reducing weight.
6. Egg and rice salad: made from just brown rice, a hard boiled egg, green beans and some walnuts, this dish is a compact meal which gives you fiber, protein and omega-3 fats which in turn keeps you full and also helps you to reduce your waistline as it has low calorific content.
Hello sir, I am 26 year old. Dear sir past 1 month I had suffered from typhoid and since 3 days ago I was suffered by food poisoning. Than I take mediation now I am feeling little relaxed. Sir I am feeling very weak after that and pain in my body becoz I hadn't take food last two days please suggest me some solution for regain my lost energy and also explain do and do not for preventing these things. Sir I am weak since my birth but now a days my weight is continuously loosing. please suggest me some food for weight gain Thnxx.
I am 60 years old woman, my sugar test results are: fasting- 340 mg/dl, sugar PP- 510mg/dl. How serious is it? Shall I take insulin?
I am suffering from constant headache and I am not able to concentrate on my studies. I am also feeling laziness. Please can you help me.
Many people believe that drinking water right after eating fruits is bad for health as it can cause flatulence and pain. Is it ok to drink water immediately after eating fruits or its a myth?
I have noticed cracking near the corners of my mouth, I have been suffering from this from many. I even consulted a doctor, he advised me to take vitamin tablets. But I am unable to get rid of it. Could you help me?
Hi I'm 22 years old my height is 5" 7 n weight is 49 kg which is very low I'm very thin n tried to gain some weight but failed I don't know what do If I think about to eat whatever I'll get in meal but I can't eat if it's not tasty so I don't know what to do to get fit Can you suggest me something.
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.