Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Reema
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. ReemaYour feedback matters!
I drink occasionally but I can drink for almost half bottle (375 ml) of whisky. Is am addicted or its just my capacity.
I am 34 years old and suffering from hypothyroidism and I have tried a lot to reduce weight but again gained it. Please help me to reduce weight?
I used to go to gym. 3 year but I stop 1 month I lose my weight 5 kg . Doctor can you suggest me which kind of protein can I take for my muscle.
Acupuncture is a complementary treatment. Weight loss falls under the bigger concept of weight management and acupuncture can help with that.
Sometimes, people go to any extreme to lose weight. Fad diets are the rage nowadays. These diets usually stress on consuming only one food group over the others. This leads to severe lack of important nutrients, leading to severe imbalances in your body. Acupuncture, in tandem with Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), can do wonders for your weight loss program. Together, they try to address both psychological and physiological problems. The therapy handles issues regarding digestion, emotions, appetite, metabolism and cravings.
In TCM, malfunctions in the spleen and liver cause imbalances in the body, which lead to excessive weight gain. The spleen transforms the food we eat into Qi—the key substance of life; and the liver maintains the flow of blood and Qi. If these two are affected, then imbalances occur in the body. Thus, the focus of TCM and acupuncture lies therein.
In acupuncture, the ear is considered to be the main point in the body, with respect to weight. The ear affects other points in the body. These points are called the auricular points. Some common auricular points include:
Shen men (ear-point): to calm the mind and reduce stress
Small intestine: for spleen reinforcement and promotion of digestion
Mouth: for smoking and overeating, this calming point is used
Hunger point: to subdue hunger and manage overeating
Endocrine point: activates liver Qi and helps metabolic functions
With these, a right diet should be followed as well. The food and herbs chosen for treatment aid in hunger, digestion, improving Qi, augmenting removal of toxins and waste products from the body and bettering metabolism. Step up the intake of bitter, acrid and sour foods, whereas, greasy, salty and sweet foods should be avoided.
Along with the right foods, exercise is a must. Abdominal massages can provide good stimulation.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help you lose weight safely, either by itself or combined with other weight loss programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized acupuncturist and ask a free question.
Sir, I am 39 yrs old male. I had gastric problem. No BP, no Sugar, have over weight is about 87kg. Please advice me the best diet and what gastric medicine to be taken regularly. Pl advice
1. Excercise definitely helps since it burns the calories in blood so sugar come down
2. Controlled diet so as to enjoy foods in life while not over burden you body with sugar in blood or glucose
3. Now a days herbal tea is available -to drink 3 times a day if control over the
Sugar is fine < continue / with out discontinuing the medicines if already taking
While you monitor the sugar levels
4. Direct avoiding the sugar and sweets made with sugar and jaggery (gud)
You can call or write
1.) How much time to take to boil eggs.In a healthy way. 2.) What is good soft boiled or hard boiled?
Even though brain aneurysms are becoming common these days, not all of them are required to be treated. In some cases, the physician may choose to observe an aneurysm closely before adopting any treatment measure. But in patients in whom an aneurysm has progressed to a severe level, there are two treatment options:
- Open surgical clipping
- Endovascular therapy or coiling
Open surgical clipping for brain aneurysms:
This procedure is typically performed by a neurosurgeon who makes an incision in the head. An opening in the bone is made, and then a clip is positioned by dissecting through the spaces of the brain. This aids in preventing the flow of blood into an aneurysm. In this procedure, the patient is required to stay in the hospital for two to three nights after which he or she is discharged.
Considerable modifications have been made in the open surgery techniques in the recent years. Neurosurgeons are now able to perform eye brow incisions or mini craniotomies for clipping an aneurysm. In these procedures, a small incision is cut out in the skin above the eyebrow for making a window. A tiny clip is placed across the mouth of an aneurysm to help it heal. But it is worthy of mention here that these are all invasive procedures and take relatively longer time to recover compared to the coiling process.
- This treatment is also performed by a neurosurgeon, and it has been proved that this process is exceptionally suitable for patients with a ruptured aneurysm. Endovascular coiling is often done in coalesce with an angiogram, where a catheter is inserted into the vessel over the hip, which is then gradually carried to the vessels of the brain and finally to an aneurysm.
- Then the coils are packed to the point where it rises from the blood vessel, which prevents the blood from flowing intothe blood vessel. Most patients undergoing this minimally invasive procedure can go home the day following the surgery. The success rate of this process is very high, and over 125,000 patients have been treated all across the globe with the help of detachable platinum coils.
- Over the last few years, a substantial amount of advancements have taken place in the endovascular techniques. Recent developments show the use of flow diverting embolization devices, which are similar to a stent and are placed in the primary vessel, adjacent to an aneurysm. It diverts the flow away from an aneurysm and therefore, allows the neurosurgeons to treat the brain aneurysms, which were previously considered inaccessible and untreatable.
Both the procedures are quite efficient in treating a brain aneurysm. The most suitable option is dependent on a host of factors such as size, shape, location and overall health condition of the patient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!