Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Geetha Sharma
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Geetha SharmaYour feedback matters!
There is any possibilities to escape from diabetes in early stages of it occur. What are precaution to live healthy from diabetes?
What should I do for weight lose. How I can get slim. Not slim atlst average. Which trips should I need to follow?
I'm 23 unmarried male who have slim body and skinny face and want to gain some chubby cheeks. Please suggest me as soon as possible.
I am suffering from Diabetic since Sept. 2015 and taking one tablet of glimisave 2M. So I do the morning walk of 5 km daily, if due to any reason I am not going for walk then there is pain on my legs. Please guide how the pain can be cured.
The main pigment responsible for the hair and skin color is melanin. Melanocytes are the cells involved in the formation of melanin. Vitiligo is a dermatological condition (depigmentation) characterized by white spots or patches that appear in the body. Lack or absence of melanin is often responsible for the appearance of the white patches. Improper functioning or destruction of the melanocytes may interfere with the cell's ability to produce melanin. The condition can also affect your hair, scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes, resulting in their premature graying or whitening.
Vitiligo can be localized (only one or very few body parts are affected), generalized (affecting many body parts) or segmented (the condition affects only one side of the body). An autoimmune condition such as Diabetes (Type-1) or Hashimoto's thyroiditis may trigger the destruction of the melanocytes. Vitiligo may also be a hereditary condition. In some cases, stress or exposure to harmful chemicals may be responsible for the destruction of the melanocytes.
While many people confuse vitiligo with leucoderma, there is a small difference between the two. Like vitiligo, the white watches in leucoderma appear due to the destruction of the melanocytes. However, the destruction of the melanocytes in the case of leucoderma may result from an accident, a cut, burn or tear.
When it comes to the treatment, many people prefer homeopathy over conventional treatments and medications. Being natural with negligible or no side effects are the main USP of homeopathic treatment. People with vitiligo and leucoderma have benefitted immensely from the treatment. The treatment may not provide you with immediate results, but it is worth your time and patience. Most of the homeopathic medicines activate the melanocytes. This activation triggers the formation of the melanin, thereby resulting in re-pigmentation.
The following homeopathic medicines are very effective against vitiligo and leucoderma.
- Silicea 30: Silicea 30 is helpful for people with a sensitive skin that appears waxy and pale. In such patients, the patches or spots are not typically white but slightly rose-colored. There is extensive sweating of the hands and feet. The fingertips also appear cracked with brittle nails.
- Arsenic Album: In some patients with vitiligo or leucoderma, the skin may appear dry and rough. In addition to the white patches, a person may complain of exhaustion and asthma (not in all patients). The person may show signs of extreme restlessness and anxiety. They freak out over cleanliness and neatness. Such patients benefit immensely from Arsenic Album.
- Calcarea Carb is used to treat vitiligo where the patches appear milky white in color. There may be a weakness in the bones as well.
- Sepia: Sepia is used when people with vitiligo distant themselves from their families and loved ones.
- Nitric Acid 30 is used in the case of the white spots appearing at the mouth, nipples, nose, eyes, penis, vulva (mucous junctions).
Also, Sulfur, Psoralea Coryl 3X, Staphysagria, Borax, are equally helpful in treating vitiligo and leucoderma. To play it safe, use the medicines only after consulting a specialist. Self-medication may not be a wise idea. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!