Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Geetha SharmaYour feedback matters!
My mother had fever last week. She recovered from fever in two days but since then she has severe pain in her knee joints and wrist joints. She is feeling very weak. Not able to move properly. Not willing to eat anything. Please help.
After taking bath my eyes become red. But after sometime redness goes off. I am 60 years old. I had an accident with two bullocks in the year 2002. I think this problem has its origin since then. At that time my forehead was bruised. In order to save myself from the wrath of fighting bullocks I had to crawl on the road. My specks were broken. I took medicines from a doctor in kanpur. Otherwise I am fit. Please suggest me why it is so.
Hi every day I have honey with lime in warm water is there any side effect for long run please advise.
Hello. My name is Nikil im 26 and my weight is 47 kg hight 5.7.i want to gain weight. How can I gain weight.
Summer already arrived with uncomfortable sweat loaded clothes, dehydration, darker skin tone, and weight gain!
I guess only pleasant feeling it gives to most of us is bringing our favorite fruit Mango tongue emoticon
Is there any way by which we can reduce the severity of heat in this season and help you manage your weight? Yes there are many simple tips which can help you beat the heat in summers.
- Drink plenty of water through out the day.
- Avoid caffeine, tea, coffee, cigarette etc.
- Drink coconut water
- Avoid bloating by reducing salt and processed food consumption.
- Have refreshing drinks like lemon water, carrot juice, amla juice, aam panna, chaas, cucumber cooler etc.
- Snack on raita, fruit bowl, lauki roti, dahi vada, barley upma etc.
- Avoid fried foods and too much of sweets.
- Dont have very chilled water or beverage.
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
Click on consult privately to join my healthy online weight loss diet program and get assured result.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.
Are on unhealthy diet,
Are consuming alcohol,
Have high cholesterol levels,
Have a strong family history of heart problem,
Do not have enough physical activity,
Are diabetic or hypertensive.
Then. Your chances of getting a heart attack is high.
I am a 27 Years Male from past 10 days onwards I feel like very lazy and feel like full tired so I checked bp its was 150/100 avg so I consult doctor and taken blood test and echo and ecg . In that reports blood test normal some what showing in ecg smal variations and echo is fine. So doctor given a tablet of Inderal 10 mg and tozam half tablet a night and daily walking 40minutes continuing erly hours . Still I feel like the same. What can I do please suggest me. Is it major or cool. Some times bp was 130/90 some times 160/100 and bit lazy ness on my body. What I have to do can you please suggest me.
How to stay fit. By increasing the weight. According to my height I should be around 73. And also by drinking lot of water really helps.
Vitamin E acetate & levocarnitine tablet -Evion LC Escitalopram tablet Want to know for what uses these r prescribed?
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.